Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 12:44   #586

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaitkale View Post
Congratulations on your XUV700.

I also booked my AX7L D AWD Electric Blue from Randhawa Motors, Dombivali, Mumbai 2 days ago. SA has assured me that I will get delivery by August 2023.
If you have faced any further issues with Randhawa Motors please do let me know, as it will be easier for me to deal with them.

Thanks in advance.
I am happy to update you all that I received delivery of my XUV700 AX7L AT DSL AWD Electric Blue on Feb-11 from Randhawa Motors.
Booking was made on November 29, 2022, we received a call from Randhawa motors on January 28, 2023, informing us that the car had been allotted from Mahindra and will be reaching their stockyard in 3-4 days. This was not at all expected and the call came out of the blue, we were shocked. From booking to allocation, in 2 months.
Rest is all common, payment terms, insurance, PDI, etc.
The dealer agreed to match the quote for insurance & PDI provided I make some initial payment for billing. I transferred INR 3.5 Lakhs and did PDI, everything checked out.

Received 2 key fobs at the time of delivery & letter with details mentioning rear sequential indicators being made available at a later time (SA told me it will take 6 months).
adwaitkale is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 15:20   #587

Booked AX7 AT Pet on June 1 2022 from India Garage, Whitefield and after couple of drastic movements, CPD has now stabilized around May-June 2023 (~ an year of wait). In fact, the earlier date of early May has now been pushed to early June. Needless to say this is very frustrating & prompting me look elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Looks like delivery of petrols is now fewer than diesels which is reverse of the earlier situation when petrols had a better delivery situation. Appreciate any inputs/suggestion on this situation. Thanks!
Old 14th February 2023, 09:13   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved_p_singh View Post
Booked AX7 AT Pet on June 1 2022 from India Garage, Whitefield and after couple of drastic movements, CPD has now stabilized around May-June 2023 (~ an year of wait). In fact, the earlier date of early May has now been pushed to early June. Needless to say this is very frustrating & prompting me look elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Looks like delivery of petrols is now fewer than diesels which is reverse of the earlier situation when petrols had a better delivery situation. Appreciate any inputs/suggestion on this situation. Thanks!
Yes, appears that waiting period for petrols are high and diesel has drastically reduced. Same happened for me and my friends who have booked XUV700.
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 09:52   #589

Oddly my delivery dates for both bookings have moved from March'24 and April'24 respectively to Oct'23 and Nov'23 respectively - odd because :

- I booked in Oct and by then I'm guessing Mahindra had a better handle on the timeline projection and I had expected the times to come down due to capacity ramp up BUT the new delivery dates are for 23 for which the capacity remains at 6k per month
(my hunch is that this movement can be due to cancellations on account of people delaying purchases due to the macroeconomic environment as there are very few alternatives to xuv700)
- Additionally the posts above suggest that some people are seeing delays which was another surprise

(Also there seems to be a 5% diff between capacity and monthly deliveries for all of Oct-Nov-Dev @ 6000 vs 5700 or so )
Old 14th February 2023, 10:56   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRing_ View Post
Oddly my delivery dates for both bookings have moved from March'24 and April'24 respectively to Oct'23 and Nov'23 respectively - odd because :

- I booked in Oct and by then I'm guessing Mahindra had a better handle on the timeline projection and I had expected the times to come down due to capacity ramp up BUT the new delivery dates are for 23 for which the capacity remains at 6k per month
(my hunch is that this movement can be due to cancellations on account of people delaying purchases due to the macroeconomic environment as there are very few alternatives to xuv700)
- Additionally the posts above suggest that some people are seeing delays which was another surprise

(Also there seems to be a 5% diff between capacity and monthly deliveries for all of Oct-Nov-Dev @ 6000 vs 5700 or so )
What I have seen is that the delivery timelines have improved but the wait times still remain at 9-12 months for Petrol & L variants and 3-6 months for lower variants. I got my delivery of AX7L P AT after 10.5 months.

One thing you can try to expedite the delivery is keep checking with the SA politely on a regular basis and build a rapport with them. They have some say in allocation for their showroom and also who gets allotted the canceled vehicles.
Old 14th February 2023, 18:44   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRing_ View Post

Yes, the wait times are high and I got the vehicle allotted after 11 months of long wait (will take the delivery by weekend) . But keep chasing the SA and give him options that you are open to other colours if you are ok with it. If there are any cancellations, and your call is on top of his head, he may reach out to you
Old 7th March 2023, 13:40   #592
BHPian

My SA called up to check if I'd be ok to take a white vehicle instead of the color of my choice. Not in an immediate need of a car so I'm preferring to wait, but apparently there's a white AX7 AWD available for delivery at Chandigarh; if it helps anyone.
Vtach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 15:07   #593
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
I changed my variant to AX7L AT in November 2022 from my original booking on 08-10-2022 and yesterday the SA from PPS motors called me saying that my vehicle is ready for dispatch. That was a fast one , Just a month and half for AX7L booking to delivery. I never expected this to happen so soon .The problem is that I couldnt find a buyer for my Fortuner . So in two minds whether to committ to the delivery .
Hi
The SA informed me that the car is in transit on 14 February and will reach the dealership after 25th. I could track my vehicle and on February 26 the tracking show Vehicle at dealership. From then on the twist happens. The dealer did not inform me regarding the availability of vehicle. After three days the tracking page vanishes!! They dont take my calls nor respond to my messages. I doubt they have allocated my car to someone else without my consent. They dont have the courtesy to update me about the situation. I have sent e-mails to Mahindra booking support/Customer care, nothing happened till now. Now all I can see is my booking page but the tracking option is unavailable.
Dilip Kumar V
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:19   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
The SA informed me that the car is in transit on 14 February and will reach the dealership after 25th. I could track my vehicle and on February 26 the tracking show Vehicle at dealership. From then on the twist happens. The dealer did not inform me regarding the availability of vehicle. After three days the tracking page vanishes!! They dont take my calls nor respond to my messages. I doubt they have allocated my car to someone else without my consent. They dont have the courtesy to update me about the situation. I have sent e-mails to Mahindra booking support/Customer care, nothing happened till now. Now all I can see is my booking page but the tracking option is unavailable.
Dilip Kumar V
If it is not too much of a trouble, then I would suggest you to visit the dealership and speak to them directly. I dropped by the dealership 3-4 times during by 11 month waiting period. Thankfully the showroom is very close to my house. It will be helpful if you have screenshots of the earlier "Vehicle at dealership" status.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 16:18   #595

Hi Everyone: Need your help/guidance.

I am supposed to take delivery of my AX7L in a couple of days. The dealership is saying there will be no Sequential Indicators & they will not give any letter for installation later. Is this true? I heard it is continuing for AX7L.

I have dropped an email to Mahindra Customer Care. What else should I do ?
Old 17th March 2023, 10:59   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Hi Everyone: Need your help/guidance.

I am supposed to take delivery of my AX7L in a couple of days. The dealership is saying there will be no Sequential Indicators & they will not give any letter for installation later. Is this true? I heard it is continuing for AX7L.

I have dropped an email to Mahindra Customer Care. What else should I do ?
I got my car in Jan (Jan manufactured) and it came without sequential rear indicators (SRI). I did not get any letter, but the service team and my SA say that they will install it once they get the stock.

There are a few Feb manufactured cars which have got the SRI fitted from the plant itself. So if you are lucky then you should have it during delivery itself; if not, don't worry, you will get it when there is stock available.
Old 17th March 2023, 23:29   #597

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I got my car in Jan (Jan manufactured) and it came without sequential rear indicators (SRI). I did not get any letter, but the service team and my SA say that they will install it once they get the stock.
The car has reached. I have checked & it doesn't. Problem is my SA & my dealer are saying they have been discontinued from AX7L which is wrong & ridiculous. Neither is Mahindra customer care confirming.

If they inform that I will get it later, then I don't have a problem !

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2023 at 05:18. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 20th March 2023, 11:08   #598
BHPian

Did Mahendra ramp up their production or they are stuck with the same old numbers? Finally evaluating whether to wait or not.
Old 20th March 2023, 11:12   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
The car has reached. I have checked & it doesn't. Problem is my SA & my dealer are saying they have been discontinued from AX7L which is wrong & ridiculous. Neither is Mahindra customer care confirming.

If they inform that I will get it later, then I don't have a problem !
I called the customer care and also the person who is handling the SRI in my dealership and all have confirmed that they will provide the SRI for all AX7L models.
Old 25th March 2023, 14:48   #600
Senior - BHPian

Long story but presented here in brief, I made a booking for an XUV700 through Pothen's Mahindra in Kollam, Kerala but eventually took delivery from SS Mahindra in Trivandrum.

Regrettably (and astonishingly), the Pothen's team was unable to fulfill the delivery of the car. Despite being told that the car would be delivered by end-January, the delivery was postponed until March, which made me anxious about incurring a significant loss if I did not receive the car before 31 March.

In the interim, I sold my XUV500 W8 also, anticipating the arrival of the new 7-seater.

We visited the Pothen's dealership on 9 March and was told that "no new cars are being shipped from Mahindra as the BS 6 phase 2 is being implemented. Saar we will update you by 15 March" This was totally wrong as TBHPian Darkie_ has posted in the forums that he PDIed his XUV700 on (or before) 8 March in Trivandrum and found that it is BS6.2.

On 9 March, I lodged a complaint directly with Mahindra, but received no response. The following day, however, I received a call from SS Mahindra, assuring me that I would receive the same variant and color within 15 days if I make a fresh booking with them. Biting the bullet, I agreed to their proposal and received the car on the 14th day.

Guys, if you have a loan proposal ready or cash ready, simply call all the dealerships and tell them you want your XUV within 15 days and WhatsApp them the details. Cheers!

Pics below:
1. fresh booking, that was fulfilled
2. no description needed
3. the original booking (made in November 2021)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-a1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-a2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-a3.jpeg  

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 25th March 2023 at 14:53.
sandeepmdas is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks