Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 18:08   #616

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Seems some miscommunication from the SA.

XUV 700AX7 'L' variants do have telescopic steering.
Thanks. Ya even i ignored it. Actually during the test drive i tried to adjust the steering wheel, so tilt was easy but pulling the steering wheel was a bit hard so i did not apply too much of strength. But, i am sure it will be there.
Old 17th April 2023, 17:15   #617

Got a call from Mahindra SA that my XUV 700 MT is in transit and should be here in few days. I had booked it from Anant Cars Marathahalli,Bangalore in Apr 2022. Few questions from my fellow BHPians

1) I asked the SA if I can get a BH number and he said Karnataka is not processing any BH numbers for non Central govt employees. is this true?

2) I told him that I will get an insurance from outside and he mentioned that he will match it.

3) All the pvt. banks have a lower interest rate (Around 1% or so) but they have a charge for part payment and pre closure. Bank of Baroda has a ROI of 9.4% with zero charges on pre closure/ part payment

4) I asked him for a PDI and he mentioned that he can get the car from Kengeri to Marathahalli showroom for PDI. Should I go to the yard for PDI or ask them to get the car to Marathahalli which they said will send it back to the Yard after PDI?

Thanks for all the suggestions in advance
Ride_N_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 17:59   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride_N_Drive View Post

1) I asked the SA if I can get a BH number and he said Karnataka is not processing any BH numbers for non Central govt employees. is this true?
Karnataka HC in Dec 2022 had directed the state government to register vehicles of private company employees under BH series. This facility is available for private sector companies/organizations, which have their offices in four or more States/Union territories. The amended rule states that the employees of private sector are required to submit working certificate in the prescribed form to claim the BH series registration. Do check with your SA on the same.
karthik_ag1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 18:49   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_ag1 View Post
Karnataka HC in Dec 2022 had directed the state government to register vehicles of private company employees under BH series. This facility is available for private sector companies/organizations, which have their offices in four or more States/Union territories. The amended rule states that the employees of private sector are required to submit working certificate in the prescribed form to claim the BH series registration. Do check with your SA on the same.
The SA mentioned that Karnataka has got a stay on the order and the KA RTO's are not registering the BH numbers
Old 26th April 2023, 17:27   #620
BHPian

Booked my Mahindra XUV700, Automatic Diesel AX7 White,
way back in March 2022. Even after a year, there is no communication from either dealer or Mahindra about the date of delivery. It still shows as under production. I want to know if someone else also sailing in the same boat. There are other dealers offering at premium of about 1.5 lakhs extra. Dont know whether this is the right thing to do, taking the delivery by paying the premium.

Doesnt feel right. Can someone please guide me as I have written to0 them, spoken to them on call centre, Dealer is just giving taarikh pe taarikh, pushing it every month. How long to wait, I really wanted my car to come now as its high time.
Old 26th April 2023, 21:07   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
Booked my Mahindra XUV700, Automatic Diesel AX7 White,
way back in March 2022. Even after a year, there is no communication from either dealer or Mahindra about the date of delivery. It still shows as under production. I want to know if someone else also sailing in the same boat. There are other dealers offering at premium of about 1.5 lakhs extra. Dont know whether this is the right thing to do, taking the delivery by paying the premium.

Doesnt feel right. Can someone please guide me as I have written to0 them, spoken to them on call centre, Dealer is just giving taarikh pe taarikh, pushing it every month. How long to wait, I really wanted my car to come now as its high time.
What is the expected delivery date shown in booking page show?
As I understand people who booked during march 2022 already got the delivery.
I have booked in July and the estimated delivery shown is Aug and as per SA, may get it in July. The date that is seen in booking page and the date that dealership has is different. Dealership date is earlier.
Old 10th May 2023, 15:31   #622
BHPian

Thanks for responding. The delivery date is not being shown on the website. I too have heard that Mar 22 have got deliveries but still nothing from the SA or Mahindra etc. Funny part is they say its already manufactured and then they say its under production.

Its getting really frustrating. :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-mahidnra.jpg  

Last edited by manaa45 : 10th May 2023 at 15:35. Reason: added pick
manaa45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 19:06   #623

Booked last year April and still waiting. 13 months now :(
Old 14th May 2023, 20:42   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper_52 View Post
Booked last year April and still waiting...(
With the XUV700 getting exported to global markets, the production units may be getting diverted to cater to these newer markets and delaying local (Indian market)deliveries.

On the contrary, Thar bookings should be getting delivered early as they can't sell it in any other markets.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 14th May 2023 at 20:44.
Old 18th May 2023, 01:12   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
With the XUV700 getting exported to global markets, the production units may be getting diverted to cater to these newer markets and delaying local (Indian market)deliveries.

On the contrary, Thar bookings should be getting delivered early as they can't sell it in any other markets.
Most likely that is the case. The SA who promised me delivery for my second booking by march (First booking was with another dealer) has gone silent and does not respond to message or call anymore.
My first booking is close to 11 months, no outlook on when it will go to production state :(
Old 18th May 2023, 07:19   #626
BHPian

From my recent buying Experience, If you are flexible with the color and don't mind the 5-seat version you can get a car relatively quick. I wanted the AX5 Diesel AT 5seater and without any prior booking went to the dealer and asked about availability. Got a response- Everest White and Electric Blue in 5-seater are available readily. Got the Electric Blue in 4days as I had the finances ready. Go at the beginning of the month and enquire, that's when the dealer gets their monthly allocation and they will divert any vehicle to you if it's booked customer is not ready with their finances/funds.
mura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 10:13   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
From my recent buying Experience, If you are flexible with the color and don't mind the 5-seat version you can get a car relatively quick. I wanted the AX5 Diesel AT 5seater and without any prior booking went to the dealer and asked about availability. Got a response- Everest White and Electric Blue in 5-seater are available readily. Got the Electric Blue in 4days as I had the finances ready. Go at the beginning of the month and enquire, that's when the dealer gets their monthly allocation and they will divert any vehicle to you if it's booked customer is not ready with their finances/funds.
The company's allocation policy is totally flawed. Cancellations are not resulting in waiting list moving up. Waiting list is on dealer based and not company wide bookings. There is a cap looks like, for each dealer. Tier 2 or Tier 3 cities have better chances of getting it quicker.
Old 19th May 2023, 13:24   #628
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post

Its getting really frustrating. :-(
Any idea how much time it took from waiting for production to production, and any updates in your case? Totally nuts this system seems to be.
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:11   #629
BHPian

Sharing my XUV purchase experience.

Wanting my last diesel AT, had booked a Scorpio-N Z8 D AT 2wd, online on the booking opening day (no price protection). The delivery was supposed to be towards the end of 2023, then postponed to early 2024.

I wasn't a fan of its rear design from the first reveal. Thought that the design would grow on me. As I saw more Scorpio-Ns on the road, I was convinced that I have differences with it and my fondness for the car started fading away slowly. Then I started questioning myself, whether I need an RWD? Whether I need a seven seats? Slowly my attention tilted towards the 5 seater XUV Diesel AT. Test drove & Shortlisted The AX5 Diesel AT 5 seater.

Instead of making an online booking, went ahead via a dealer booking ( CBC Mahindra, a newly opened dealership in Trivandrum ). They did offer one readily available from the stock, but I declined it as I was in no hurry and was actually preferring the waiting period.

The booking was made in the last week of May 2023. However, it was not appearing in the track my booking page. I wasn't too bothered as the waiting period was actually a preference. Then, on 11th of April, received a text from Mahindra about the booking. Checked their portal, the booking date was shown as April 11th and delivery to be by December 2023. I was okay with it.

About 2 weeks later, received another text from Mahindra that they have sorted their chip shortage issue, they are working hard towards a faster delivery and that I will be receiving the vehicle much earlier. Checked the portal and saw that the vehicle is under production. A week later it was in transit, and delivery was to be by 5th May. Shorter than a month's time between the actual booking and delivery! Was a little hesitant, so asked for the VIN and it showed it to be an April manufactured car!

Long story short; I now own an XUV700 DSL AT 5 seater and I am short of parking space!

P.S. full refund was received for the Scorpio N cancellation, though they asked for a bank statement as the booking transaction was made more than 6 months back.
Old 10th June 2023, 23:50   #630

Got a message today from Mahindara , that car got delayed again from a date of May it changed to June and now moved ahead to August, its frustrating now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks