Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2021, 17:02   #91

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluprasanna View Post
Hi Subbu. Sorry to hear your delivery month is July. That's a terribly long wait. Just out of curiosity, what city did you book your car in?

Just trying to figure out how your delivery date is 2 months after mine when we've basically booked the same car.
Mine was booked on 7th Oct via Ananth Cars, Mysore Road branch in Bangalore.
Old 29th November 2021, 05:45   #92
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Can someone confirm this.

If this is true then what's the harm in being transparent Mahindra?

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-screenshot_20211129053600__01.jpg
fazalmirza is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 10:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post

Even if it is true, my issue is with the transparency of their 'algorithm'. I expected something which was close to First in - First out for the bookings atleast for a given variant and color in a given dealership. Even that is not happening.

I can understand why the vehicle I have booked - the diesel luxury AWD - would get delayed (it requires the most number of chips) but it does not make sense that some people who booked the petrol SUV on the 7th of October at the same dealership have already got delivery while some will only get it in July 2022.

Why are some people who booked after 7th (and even 8th) getting to jump the queue ?

It is not the same situation for other cars. Everyone booking a creta today will have to wait for 8 months (unless they pay more and get a cancelled car from the dealer I suppose). The waiting period given by the company is not a random number that goes from 20 days to 1 year.
yogishkamath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 10:57   #94
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2238644
If you can compromise on the color options of the mentioned cars the delivery time is much lesser, infact less than 2 months and some variants are immediately available.

On the other hand it's not the case with Mahindra. I am disappointed with the estimated delivery dates after waiting more than a quarter for the launch and another 1 and half months post booking just to hear this.
Kratos453 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 12:51   #95
A M
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

I booked AX5 7 seater Diesel Manual on 8th Oct and got an estimated delivery month of Oct 2022. This isn't a variant that requires as many chips as AX7 or AX7L. Heck, it doesn't even have an auto AC that I was expecting. No idea what their 'algorithm' is upto.

I think Mahindra bit a bit too much that they could swallow. I'm curious to see what will happen after the Scorpio is launched.

Last edited by A M : 29th November 2021 at 12:53.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 13:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I think Mahindra bit a bit too much that they could swallow. I'm curious to see what will happen after the Scorpio is launched.
First they messed up the Thar. The deliveries have stretched for well over a year.

Then they said they had taken lessons from the Thar fiasco and have implemented concrete changes while launching the XUV 700 and are prepared well. But as it turns out, they are in a much bigger soup this time.

Do not expect anything better from when the Scorpio will be launched. Mahindra should think twice before launching the Scorpio considering the current environment.
Old 29th November 2021, 13:17   #97
BHPian

One upside I see, is that this lead time will ensure more after market accessories could be available after 6-8 months & they'll likely be able to test the accessories more thoroughly while developing them.

P.S. : I expect this based on the premise that the XUV will grow popular internationally & probably be launched abroad a while after the production is ramped up & basic manufacturing timelines can be foreseen.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 29th November 2021 at 13:21.
Old 30th November 2021, 22:57   #98

Booked on Oct 23rd. Any point in Waiting ?

Hi All,
I have made the Booking online on Oct 23rd via Online Portal for AX7 Diesel MT Red Rage . I see most of them that Booked on Oct 7th and 8th claiming the waiting period is till end of December '22.
So Do I even stand a chance to get the vehicle in 2022?
I know the Algorithm is really messed up , Does it make any sense to wait for the third list on Dec 10th ? What about the Cancellations , is it True that there are more than 19k cancellations ?
Old 1st December 2021, 10:15   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinpower87 View Post

Booked on Oct 23rd. Any point in Waiting ?

Folks cancelling, you stand a chance? Yes, though a little. Also, some are double booking by individuals (may or may not be known to dealers! If you ask for Petrol, the deliveries are faster.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 12:28   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Folks cancelling, you stand a chance? Yes, though a little. Also, some are double booking by individuals (may or may not be known to dealers! If you ask for Petrol, the deliveries are faster.
Thanks for the Reply sir!. I have a question about the Cancellations. Even though I had asked the same question to my dealer and Mahindra. But I don't have clarity on them. Is it possible to "skip the line" if I am willing to take the vehicle that has been cancelled ? I am sure many ppl including mahindra would have thought about this loop
hole.But just curious to know if such a possibility exists and has anybody opted for it already ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2021, 13:06   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Can confirm this for Ertiga. Some days back it was 44 weeks. Pic taken at Simran Motors, Karjat.

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-maruti.jpeg
umohan98 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 13:07   #102
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians, what is the cancellation process for online booking? I can not see an option online to do the same.

Booked AX7 Diesel L AT on 8th October, while many of you have got a timeline of Dec'22 mine still says that the booking is under process, so with very kind intentions of Mahindra i might get it in 2023 and i am sure not willing to wait that much for a brand and product i am being considerate to give a chance at this price, contrary to this the brand is making me feel at their mercy.

I have friends who have booked the same car at a premium of Rs 60000-125000 with promised one week deliveries (Diesel when deliveries start), when i booked after spending an hour of anxiety i had argued with them that there will be a very niche process of deliveries and it can not be as crooked as you guys are saying, guess my friends will have the last laugh on this or maybe i will have the last laugh after their ownership experience. Time will tell.
M.Dua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 13:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to "skip the line" if I am willing to take the vehicle that has been cancelled ? I am sure many ppl including mahindra would have thought about this loop hole.
Unfortunately this seems possible. However the least I hope from Mahindra is to give cancelled booking to the next person in line to keep it fair. This way people waiting for several months will have some hope of getting early deliveries.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 14:18   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Booked on Oct 23rd. Any point in Waiting
I booked on the same date (AX7L diesel AT midnight black). Just received a call from my dealer to inform that my delivery date is April 2023

Also mentioned about a stripped down version called AX7S which will be made available in shorter waiting time.
NotanF1driver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 14:24   #105
BHPian

Looking at the news on various websites, I decided to cancel my booking on 17th November. My dealer says that booking cancellation has been initiated, but I still get updates on my email. Despite booking on 7th, I received a confirmation that I will get my vehicle in October 2022. 1 year waiting period does not seem justified.
Ertiga indeed has 8 months of waiting period, however dealers in Bangalore quote a wait period of minimum 4 months. However, XL6 is available in a month’s time.
Kia Sonet has a minimum 4 months waiting period and Seltos ranges from 4-6 months.
Creta has a wait period of 8 months, but the 7 seater sibling is available immediately. Not sure how this equation works out. Hyundai is able to push lesser popular vehicles quickly.
Tata Motors can churn out Harrier in 3 weeks and safari has a wait period of 4-6 weeks. Smaller segment vehicles like Nexon have longer wait periods.

Second hand market looks very attractive now. Used this opportunity to buy a XUV500 W11 AT for 17L which is Jan 2020 model with 30,000 on the ODO.
darkbull is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks