Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:09   #121
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
for sure first in - first out would have done away with the question of algorithms and what not. Mahindra could have saved money, and used it to put an auto dimming rear view mirror. Or perhaps paid overtime to the team who designed the door handles to redesign them back to the regular handles we all accept and appreciate.

I mean why would you pay top dollar to one of the top 3 consulting companies to come up with an algorithm which doesn't look good on social media! Isn't it counter-productive to what the marketing team did for them?

From an Engineer's point of view , I can probably figure out what must have gone behind the scene of the world class algorithm .

1. An intern at 'one of the top 3 consulting' company is given the data.

2. The intern put all the booking till date (75000 ?) in an excel sheet

3. Randomize all the bookings independent of the booking date (mind you, it needs complex formulas)

4. Allocate a random month between Jan to Dec to each booking

5. Send the mail based on month allocated.

All this must had been done at the poor guy's laptop powered by Celeron , since it took almost 50 days to complete the task

On a serious note, I also feel this month allocation is just another marketing gimmick (or failure) , and it has nothing to do with the actual delieveries.

People having delivery month scheduled for June/July , are being allocated someone else's booking and getting the delivery in December itself , all on the mercy of the dealer!
D_Security_Guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:45   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who have booked the XUV7OO and are frustrated that their wait is being extended without an exact deadline, I suggest you to be patient.

I know it's hard to wait after booking a car.

Buying a car, specially for a car-loving enthusiast is no ordinary task. It is like finding a life partner. You may have some flings, a few first dates that don't mature to the second, a few serious relationships and then you end up with your soul mate. Same goes for a car purchase. From my experience of the last 2 years, buying cars for my friends and finally for myself, the hardest part is finalising the car you like.

With so many options in the market, finding a car that you like, that suits your requirements is not only time consuming, but also mentally and emotionally draining task to do.

If you have gone through several test drives of several vehicles and then are impressed by the XUV7OO over the others, then selecting one among all those deliciously beautiful colours of the XUV, you have already done the hardest part.

Waiting is the easier part of the process. Just enroll into all ownership groups in Instagram and Facebook, relish all reviews (believe me, there are dozens) on YouTube and TeamBHP. Ogle at the XUV7OOs you see on road and enjoy the wait.

Easier said than done, but hey, Are you ready to go through the selection process again, from the scratch? or worse Are you going to compromise by getting the second best car that you like, just because you can't wait a few months?

Even a venue has a waiting period of 3 months, a nexon - 2 months. It's the norm now. There are some lucky guys like me who get their cars within 20 days of booking Nevertheless, be patient.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:50   #123
BHPian

Hi All
Just got a call from the dealer and my tentative date is Feb 2023
But they said the new AX7 Smart Pack is available now. This pack has a few deleted features from AX7 Luxury and 80K less than showroom price which translates to 1.3 approx on-road prices with price protection(current one)
Features removed are Telescopic steering, driver drowsiness, different modes, Wireless charging, ADAS, electronic parking brake, Knee airbag, EPS including Hill hold and Hill descent to name a few. This may be delivered by July/Aug 2021
Confused now. I believe Safari is a better option now. With just launched Safari they managed wireless charging etc.
Anyone got similar calls

Last edited by aka_iitd : 2nd December 2021 at 21:54.
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:54   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Hi All
When did you book and which variant?
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:55   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
When did you book and which variant?
I booked quite late around 19th Oct AT AX7 L Diesel
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:56   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All
But they said the new AX7 Smart Pack is available now. This pack has a few deleted features from AX7 Luxury
Confused now
Anyone got similar calls
Please see my post on the features of AX7 S and the relative value proposition on the main XUV700 thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5207875 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

IMO, this variant is far lower in value compared to both AX7 and AX7L from a buyer perspective and is a case of M&M turning the chip shortage into a money making machine.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:53   #127
BHPian

Interesting thing to notice is that the new AX7S variant is offered to those whose estimates go beyond July. I have not yet heard of anyone with delivery before July being offered this. I myself have a June estimate and haven't received any such offer from dealer. This leads me to believe the S variant won't be made available anytime soon.
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:22   #128
BHPian

Long wait times should not exceed 6 months at most. It is quite likely that in less than a year there will be alternatives that you would rather have as the long wait gives an opportunity to other manufacturers to up their game. Don't forget many of them have a panoply of models waiting and they can quickly garnish one for India. Best of luck to M & M as they appear to have bitten off more than they can chew!!
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:30   #129
BHPian

Got a call from KONCEPT MAHINDRA, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi 2 days ago.. Same story.. dealer executive saying vehicle will be delivered by October 2022 which is a sad state of affairs. Offered me to settle for AX7 (Option) similar to S Variant for a price 20K Less plus some 50K bonus, however on enquiring about the list of deleted features over AX7L, I was like why dont you take the monies and 'NOT' give the vehicle.

Its surprising and sad to see how Mahindra are making a joke of themselves by not being able to decide how and when to deliver over 70000 vehicles. Rather than going 'FIRST COME FIRST SERVE' which is a tried and tested route, they are trying to reinvent the wheel by getting some consulting firms involves, using AI and some shit but frankly not getting anywhere.

As a customer and a brand loyalist I feel cheated and deprived whereas multiple XUV700s have been booked by me on 08 October 2021. 2 months on there is no communication at all from the company and the company and dealer high-headedness seems to be getting higher day by day.

Quote:
Hi All
But they said the new AX7 Smart Pack is available now. This pack has a few deleted features from AX7 Luxury and 80K less than showroom price which translates to 1.3 approx on-road prices with price protection(current one)
Features removed are Telescopic steering, driver drowsiness, different modes, Wireless charging, ADAS, electronic parking brake, Knee airbag, EPS including Hill hold and Hill descent to name a few. This may be delivered by July/Aug 2021
Confused now. I believe Safari is a better option now. With just launched Safari they managed wireless charging etc.
Anyone got similar calls
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:46   #130
Senior - BHPian

A friend made booking in mid-Nov and got call yesterday from dealer.

Tentative Delivery date : May 2023

Though dealer staff tried to be induce confidence by saying that "Sir, please don't cancel the booking. Many customers may cancel booking and you may get earlier, by Dec 2022"

Booked variant : AX7 Lux Pack Petrol AT

Last edited by AutoNoob : 3rd December 2021 at 15:14. Reason: added variant info
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:57   #131
BHPian

all this looks like the LICENSE RAAJ days of the 70's and 80's where the BAJAJ Scooter had 2 years waiting and Maruti Cars were sold on lottery (though we were the lucky ones to have an All India allotment number of 172 for our Maruti 800 SS80 delivered way back in January 1984)
ashishc100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 19:04   #132
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Bookings of such people should be cancelled immediately.
I don't understand what is shameless here. It is pure demand and supply scenario. If someone buys the car and wants to sell it at a premium and we have a gullible customer who wants to buy it at a premium, no one can stop such a transaction. Infact even in US there are some cars which are sold at $10k premium by the dealers themselves due to the current chip shortage (if I remember they are from Kia).

On another note, I have booked the midnight AT AWD L Diesel variant in midnight Black and my delivery date is July 2023. So while I feel sad about the current situation and wish I could get my car early having sold my Ecosport in September, I also do not want to part with more of my hard earned money than what I am already going to shell out.
Anand2712 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 21:52   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
On another note, I have booked the midnight AT AWD L Diesel variant in midnight Black and my delivery date is July 2023.
July 2023 I have the same car booked on 8th October morning and so far I haven't received any communication from Mahindra on expected delivery date. I called Mahindra customer care today and they said as of now they have given dates to first 39K customers, so it seems my booking is somewhere between 39K to 50K, and I can expect some communication from Mahindra by 10th December.

Given the responses here, I was hoping that my delivery may be around end of 2022 but based on your information I am wondering whether it may be towards end of 2023.

Can you please share when did you book it ? Whether directly through dealer or online and which dealer in Bangalore ?

Last edited by viscosity : 4th December 2021 at 21:53.
Old 4th December 2021, 23:36   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post

After thinking long and hard, I decided to change my booking to the AX7 PT MT variant, knowing quite well that (a) I will lose the price protection and (b) the delivery could be delayed by at least 6 months.

I e-mailed the dealer stating the above facts with cc to Mahindra Customer Care.

Within 48 hours, I got an email confirmation from the dealer saying the change has been effected. The change is also now reflected in the portal when I log in.

Now, here's the surprising twist: My new delivery date is now between 30th Dec and 6th Jan 2022! More or less the same dates as before! The OTF no also remains the same.
Here's an update on my earlier post quoted above.

I logged in today to track my booking and lo and behold, my delivery date has shifted from Jan 2022 to Feb/March 2023!

What a royal mess! I can only despair at the ineptitude of it all!

Last edited by bblost : 5th December 2021 at 00:18. Reason: quote tag.
Rada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 04:19   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
July 2023 I have the same car booked on 8th October morning and so far I haven't received any communication from Mahindra on expected delivery date. I called Mahindra customer care today and they said as of now they have given dates to first 39K customers, so it seems my booking is somewhere between 39K to 50K, and I can expect some communication from Mahindra by 10th December.

Given the responses here, I was hoping that my delivery may be around end of 2022 but based on your information I am wondering whether it may be towards end of 2023.

Can you please share when did you book it ? Whether directly through dealer or online and which dealer in Bangalore ?
My apologies. I meant July 2022. July 2023 would have been ridiculous and most probably led me to cancel with some choicest of words for the management. But then seeing the current state and some folks already getting 2023 dates for delivery, no wonder you thought it was what I had incorrectly posted. I had done my booking from Anant in Marathahalli, Bangalore on Oct 7.

Last edited by Anand2712 : 5th December 2021 at 04:21. Reason: Extra quotes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks