Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 15:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Booked the car on 8th through the dealer (Randhawa Motors Vikhroli Mumbai) - was on the list who had the booking in the cart but website crashed.
Variant: AX7L D AWD AT
Month: July 2022
Going to be a looooooong wait. On one hand, it will be a 2022 vehicle with, hopefully, initial niggles sorted out while on the other hand it will be sad if they release a new variant with ventilated seats etc in Oct next year. Feeling a bit confused and let down a bit by MnM
Speedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:27   #32
BHPian

I too called the customer care just now and delivery date for my Diesel AX7 is Aug 22
I had booked it within the first 30min on 7th Oct. This is too bad, thinking of cancelling the booking as i need a car before that.
Old 26th November 2021, 15:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
AX7 L D AT AWD DAZZLING SILVER.
Thanks, I was told fast moving color ( in case of XUV 700 it's white ) and lower trims might have better delivery date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
With this logic, this entire algorithm logic seems to be a bluff. If that is what top consultants in the world have come up with then its high time to look into their salary. Even I can become a consultant now.

No one knows algorithm, but seems like it is matrix of
1. Color -
Fast moving color like white in case of XUV700 will be available faster.
2. Transmission -
Automatic seems to be slower in availability compared to Manual.
3. Engine -
Petrol seems to be available faster compared to Diesel.
4. Region -
Tier 1/Tier 2 city will fetch max booking but if they just fulfill those then one small showroom near remote town will never get delivery.
5. Profit/Chips/Supply chain -
Not sure how this is calculated but they have choice to do AX7 variant with 170 chips OR get more vehicles done with lower trim.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_audhithya View Post
Called customer care. Date: July-2022. Variant: AX5 Diesel 5-Seater Everest White. Booked on 7th Oct through dealer.
Same variant booked on 7th but updated on 8th in dealer's system. Got an SMS just now that the estimated delivery month is April, 2022. I didn't want it too early, considering the earlier delivered vehicles might have a few niggles. Now all I want is for Mahindra to come up with better accessories - rear-view camera, seat covers, body-coloured front sensors.
Old 26th November 2021, 15:43   #35
BHPian

Based on the messages on the forum, it seems timeline for delivery is all over the place. Only silver lining is now that there is a tentative date, people can decide on what to do next. I am sure there will be lot of cancellations as not everyone especially the ones who booked on 7th and 8th are going to wait for 7-8 months.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 26th November 2021 at 15:44.
Old 26th November 2021, 15:44   #36
BHPian

Just got a text saying Estimated delivery month is August'2022.
AX7 L D AT AWD
Booked on 7th October 2021.

I was expecting April/May 2022. But heck August makes me wonder if I should just wait for a new variant to launch with possibly an electric boot lid and ventilated seats.

Max to max May delivery would have been more suitable.
Old 26th November 2021, 15:44   #37
BHPian

What timeline should those who booked MX Diesel in this week expect ?
NOT asking for a friend

Customer care said they'll call and "let me know". They didn't say when they'll call. :/
WorkingGuru is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:53   #38
BHPian

From most of the posts above it appears that the Diesel variant is getting substantially delayed. Not sure whether if the reason is to clear petrol stocks first or any chip shortages (specific to Diesel ones). But I suspect that they would like to deliver Petrol variants first owing to the mileage of such a big vehicle.

Honestly, I would want to see lot of 7OOs on the road, as it has immense value proposition.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:54   #39

I'm not liking this algorithm anymore.

AX7 L P AT • Petrol • Automatic • MIDNIGHT BLACK • BOOKED via Dealer on 7th Oct

Estimated delivery month - June'22

I was hoping Petrol's would be sooner. Big disappointment.
Subbu1970 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 16:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
Mahindra executive gave me a tentative delivery date of March 2022 for my MX 5 seater petrol.
At least, this puts a closure for all the speculations that was happening around delivery of MX variant!
impala is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 16:16   #41
BHPian

Got my SMS today

Had booked AX7L MT diesel black on 7th Oct morning in first 5 minutes via dealer.

Estimated month April 22.

I was getting a bit angry initially, but after reading the messages on the forum, I feel a bit lucky.

This means that it'll be a 2022 manufactured model and possibly will less niggles.

Just hoping that Mahindra honours this date atleast
Old 26th November 2021, 16:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
As per reports from facebook group, the 2nd list is ready. Calling customer care will let you know of your tentative month. However be prepared to get disappointed. Several people who booked on 7th have been given August as delivery month.

Attachment 2237547
I just got an sms stating Sep'22 My booking dates were oon 7th oct. Seriously it all seems a joke
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 16:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Thanks, I was told fast moving color ( in case of XUV 700 it's white ) and lower trims might have better delivery date.
I am not sure about that because someone who has booked the same variant (different colour) 3 days after my booking is getting it 2 months earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
Booked the car on 8th through the dealer (Randhawa Motors Vikhroli Mumbai) - was on the list who had the booking in the cart but website crashed.
Variant: AX7L D AWD AT
Month: July 2022
Either the algorithm is flawed or they are simply randomising (like a lottery) the allotment. I have lost confidence with Mahindra's ability to handle things. My mind is already working on alternatives. Only way I can be satisfied is when I get the car in September 22, it comes with the missing features (ventilated seats, auto-dimming IRVM....).
Old 26th November 2021, 17:21   #44

In order to understand if there is any correlation b/w the booking date/variant and the estimated date of delivery, I just created a google form now. If you think this will be of any help, you can submit your answers anonymously and view the responses after your submission.

https://forms.gle/QZYxYM5wHdcgY8tk8
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-screenshot-20211126-5.03.59-pm.png  

pocketaces is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 17:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Like so many others in the forum, I too got an e-mail stating the expected date of delivery as July 2022. I was mentally prepared for a delivery period around March or April 2022. Ten months waiting for a vehicle is just ridiculous and on top of that no one can assure that the delivery will not be delayed further.

I have never had to wait for such a long time after booking the car in my life and this is a new experience for me. I am not sure that I can hold on for another eight months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks