Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 18:03   #46
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
In order to understand if there is any correlation b/w the booking date/variant and the estimated date of delivery, I just created a google form now. If you think this will be of any help, you can submit your answers anonymously and view the responses after your submission.

https://forms.gle/QZYxYM5wHdcgY8tk8
I couldn't find the colour column in the Google form. Should the colour make a difference?
sudanmohit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 18:06   #47
BHPian

Got expected Delivery date of August 2022 for AX5 Diesel AT 7 Seater
in email today.

Dealer had booked 2 vehicles in my name, cancelled wrong one by sending email to Mahindra.
Old 26th November 2021, 18:40   #48
BHPian

Update:
AX7 L Diesel AT White
Booked: First 5 mins on 7th Oct 2021 by the dealer.
Dealer Informed Delivery Date Today: 27th Feb 2022
shashankw839 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 19:03   #49

Though booking on 7-Oct through dealer for AX7 D Manual and being part of the initial 25k bookings, my estimated delivery month is AUG-2022.

Its disappointing to see MnM fail on multiple occasions after the initial hype and good PR for the media drive.
1. New variants introduced just before the booking opened.
2. Online vs Dealer booking fiasco.
3. Customers left in the dark for prolong time periods.
4. Third party consulting? Was it so difficult for such a huge automobile company to figure the delivery dates based on the existing algorithms and their parts inventory management?
5. And now after 50 days of booking, get delivery dates without any pattern. What makes it more annoying is to see people who booked same variant on 8-Oct and later getting deliveries before.

Also not to forget the global semiconductor shortage which Mahindra woke up to the shocker one fine morning as if it was not prevalent all this while. They made commitment to deliver 14000 by 14-Jan on their website for which inventory would have already been available but now million dollar question is will they be able to deliver the 1st 25k records within a years time and I do not want to even imagine myself thinking about the deliveries of the 70k which is boasted on the website.

I had to get rid of my vehicle few months back and waiting to buy a new 1 by the end of this year or worst case by 1st quarter of 2022. Also had cancelled my booking for Alcazar and now left in a lurch.

Completely lost trust in MnM and not sure if I will wait 1 year to get the vehicle though having price protection, I expect the prices to be increased atleast 2 times before Mid 2022.
Old 26th November 2021, 19:48   #50
BHPian

Received email & SMS from M & M today regarding my booking which was in cart but could not be processed online and hence had to transfer the Booking Amount to the dealer on 7th evening. Midnight Black - AX7 AT D 2WD. Expected Delivery is July 2022. I had expected it to be around April / May, however I am not complaining. Hopefully will get a car with initial niggles ironed out.
Old 26th November 2021, 20:11   #51
BHPian

Looking at so many delivery concerns, thought to add how I am handling “no delivery data” for 13th November booked AX5 Diesel AT. 

1) I am currently using my 7 year old, 1.6 TDI Skoda Rapid with considerable better fuel economy than my new purchase - XUV700, I get to spend more time with my trusted companion and also enjoy more saving till i get delivery of XUV. 

2) I am going to enjoy my courtship period with XUV700, that too with a twist, I will plan all the accessories and stuff I want to get done and just for fun will keep test driving every damn new launch also any existing contenders. 

3) I have already started EMI - so I calculated EMI, I am saving it aside, this way I will increase down-payment. That should reduce interest paid on car.

4) “Car manufactured in say Nov’22 will have lot less niggles than one in November’21”, I keep telling that to myself.

5) I am looking forward to feature introduced in AX5 based on customer feedback, like rear armrest, Auto folding mirror, may be cruise control ? 

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 20:59   #52
BHPian

First day 25k bookings and yet delivery estimates are going as far back as Aug. Assuming they started full fledged production in Oct 2021, that would mean they are expecting to produce only about ~2500 vehicles per month.

Surely something is amiss here. Is Mahindra planning on introducing lottery system again?

ram87pune mentioned production capacity is expected to be ramped up to 9000/month in Jan. Is Mahindra going to adjust these delivery estimates accordingly or are they fixed now? So many doubts still unanswered. Never seen such a botched up delivery with 0 transparency.
Old 26th November 2021, 21:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has launched a new car at a time when the car industry is falling short of stock, IMHO it wasn't impossible to foresee this, agreeably not to this degree, but still.

What is the waiting period for Hyundai Creta E Diesel, a product which has been selling like hot cakes since 8+ years ? Even pre-COVID, when the base VFM Diesel variant wasn't available in any less than 5-6-7 months , then IMHO Mahindra being expected to profitably manufacture & roll out >60-70k cars in 6-8 months is a little much, no !?

AFAIK Mahindra has a plant production capacity of approx ~5000units/month, apart from shortages of Chipsets, precious metals (for Catalytic Converters etc), component shortage, price rise in Aluminum other materials. Even if they ramp up production from January 2022, the Material shortages will remain.

Initial lot of deliveries will need to be spread out i.e. among bookings with remote dealers who have service centers in those remote locations, why? so that when owners need help while travelling, the service staff at those service centers too would've learnt & gotten used to some basic things about the car by then, instead of looking at it like an alien spaceship from Mars visiting them.

If Mahindra doesn't do that, then people who didn't get the needed help will go crazy & spread vitriolic bile across social media about how bad Mahindra service was.

Dealers need to earn to operate showrooms, so I can only guess that the additional production capacity would be utilised to sell units to dealers who would load them with price-padded accessories and offer them to those walk-in customers who seem desperate to have a car. Again, this is just a guess, NOT an insinuation.

Anyway, hope Mahindra takes these posts as an appeal that deliveries for travel enthusiasts like us be expedited.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 26th November 2021 at 21:39.
GrammarNazi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 21:31   #54

Mahindra XUV700 long wait times for deliveries

Booked a xuv 700 AWD luxury line on the first day of the booking ie 7th October. Delivery date was to be told on the 25th November. Got a mail that the expected delivery date is May 2022. Is it worth waiting?
Old 26th November 2021, 21:34   #55
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Simple answer - Do you have a choice? There are huge waiting periods for all popular cars. Best option is to keep your XUV booking intact, and shop around in parallel. See if you can reach a compromise.
Eddy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 21:39   #56
BHPian

What are the other options considered?
What's you approach towards safety, reliability and gadgets offered?

In the price bracket, I think would be the Creta, Seltos, Harrier/Safari.

- Amongst these, Creta and Seltos have similar waiting periods and not as safe as the XUV. And the gadgets level is similar.

- On the other hand Tata has their own issues.
Old 26th November 2021, 21:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Depends on your tolerance level and patience. Nobody else can give you an answer here.

I do not have the patience to wait for anything more than 3 months and will never buy anything with long waiting periods, would rather buy something else. In this case I might have gone for Compass or some other car with less waiting period.

So if you can wait and do not see value in other products then you should. More for the reason that if you are really sold on XUV 700 and compromise and buy something else, you will always feel bad whenever you see another one thinking you should have waited.
Old 26th November 2021, 22:07   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Received the e-mail from M&M that the MX Petrol Midnight Black variant I had booked on the 7th October on-line, has an estimated delivery month of April 2022
Old 26th November 2021, 22:09   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Well - I think only you can answer the question. Nobody else can gauge how much you like + want that particular car. Personally - I'd book a 20+lakh rupee car ONLY when I'm fully convinced that its the one I want, not with a hesitation. That means there are no alternatives anyway to buy after canceling a booking. And when that is the case - I'd of course wait it out as much as needed.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 22:24   #60
BHPian

Received the e-mail from M&M for my 13th November booked AX5 Diesel AT.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-img_8ebee08e403e1.jpeg  

Most Viewed