Team-BHP - Swift update?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift update? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24496-swift-update.html)

Looks like swift Japan has now got all the things which were missing since launch of the swift . The list includes

1)Rear 60 40 sit
2)Under Seat parcel tray
3)Color interiors
4)Indicators on side mirrors
Etc etc..

Check suzuki.co.jp/swift

Any idea if this can happen to Indian version ?

Well, all this can happen in the Indian version when its dominant position comes under threat from some other manufacturer.

And I guess that means it cant happen in the immediate future. :)

May happen. Indian market is very competitive today. The day Maruti will feel that their Swift share is getting threatened by the arrival of a new hatch they will launch these changes/upgrades. However do not expect them in a hurry. At the moment their hands are full with the existing demands, particularly for the diesel version.

And that new hatch is called the Fabia, hell ya. The Swift in the UK gets 6 airbags and ESP too with bigger wheels.

I'm willing to forego all those 2nd box features for that 1.6L VVT in the 1st box

Swift in UK gets 6 airbags bcoz in UK life is pretty costly whereas in India Life is dirt cheap according to Maruti Udyog Ltd so they would cut the costing and make cars as per needs of Aam Janta which blindly puts faith in MUL

Quote:

Originally Posted by FERRO (Post 451254)
Swift in UK gets 6 airbags bcoz in UK life is pretty costly whereas in India Life is dirt cheap according to Maruti Udyog Ltd so they would cut the costing and make cars as per needs of Aam Janta which blindly puts faith in MUL

Swift is the only hatch in the country to have 2 airbags or any airbags for that matter, even Hyundai doesnot give it with the Getz which has it standard otherwise.

Surely will happen when Maruti launches the all new swift in 2008 ;), we indians are suckers for cosmetic mods.

As far as the airbags are concerned, there are ppl here who are bothered more at the cost of replacing 1 airbag, why should Maruti provide 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoc (Post 450983)
Well, all this can happen in the Indian version when its dominant position comes under threat from some other manufacturer.

And I guess that means it cant happen in the immediate future.

Absolutely right. Who is it gonna be, that is the millione $ question, there seems to be no one in sight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 451213)
And that new hatch is called the Fabia, hell ya. The Swift in the UK gets 6 airbags and ESP too with bigger wheels.

What :Shockked::Shockked: ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 451213)
And that new hatch is called the Fabia, hell ya.

Fabia?? You think they would even price it competitively?
I do not see how the Fabia would prove to be a worthy competitor, although i wish it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FERRO (Post 451254)

As if all other manufactureres are giving tons of airbags and giving lot of value to indian life. Swift and SX4 atleast giving two, What about others. Comapre with their close competitors GETZ and NHC...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay_J (Post 451633)
As if all other manufactureres are giving tons of airbags and giving lot of value to indian life. Swift and SX4 atleast giving two, What about others. Comapre with their close competitors GETZ and NHC...

why would the manufacturers attach any value to people's lives when the customers themselves dont?? The average indian customer is bothered only about VFM and nothing else.;)

Even in the Swift range, what percentage of sales do you think the ZXi or even the VXi with ABS would constitute?? One can safely say "minuscule"...

The car I foresee as competition to Swift is the Grande Punto. Stunning car and I think it has the potential to become an instant hit. Until then don't expect any changes to the Swift platform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoc (Post 451665)
why would the manufacturers attach any value to people's lives when the customers themselves dont?? The average indian customer is bothered only about VFM and nothing else.;)

Even in the Swift range, what percentage of sales do you think the ZXi or even the VXi with ABS would constitute?? One can safely say "minuscule"...

There you are!! Whom to blame when I myself baught VXI :Frustrati . I guess until GOVT of INDIA comes with some rules and norms nobody will care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balaji_n29 (Post 451758)
The car I foresee as competition to Swift is the Grande Punto. Stunning car and I think it has the potential to become an instant hit. Until then don't expect any changes to the Swift platform.

Seems you want to make this thread a war zone. Let it be a swift thread please.