Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 11:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant

Mod Note: Our Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Ever since the Skoda Kushaq was launched in the Indian market, there have been talks of a Monte Carlo variant. The latest rumours suggest that it could be launched soon.

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-2021skodakushaq01-3.jpg

At present, the Kushaq is available in three variants - Active, Ambition and Style. However, even the top-spec Style trim misses out on a few features that are offered by rivals. This could change with the introduction of the Monte Carlo trim.

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-2021skodakushaq04-1.jpg

If rumours are to be believed, the Kushaq Monte Carlo could be equipped with a panoramic sunroof and a digital instrument cluster. The SUV could also get the roof liner from the Slavia mid-size sedan.

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-2021skodakushaq02-1.jpg

No mechanical updates are expected besides the feature additions and a few cosmetic changes. The Kushaq comes with a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder TSI that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder TSI that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic option and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-2021skodakushaq01-2.jpg

Thanks to Jitendra for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 9th May 2022 at 10:11. Reason: Link to report added
TusharK is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:05   #2
BHPian

re: Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant

Given the success that Skoda is enjoying with the Kushaq at the moment, I think it is better for Skoda to wait for a while before launching the Monte Carlo edition, till the time the initial hype surrounding the Kushaq dies down.

Most manufacturers bring in new editions of their products atleast a year after their initial launch, as they realise that doing so would either boost sales of a failing product or that of a product that has provided them with a taste of success. Also, given the current situation of the market with the uncertainity surrounding the Omicron variant of COVID-19, I think it is better for Skoda to wait for atleast a year before launching the Monte Carlo edition, rather than launching it in the near future.
karthi.stark is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
Given the success that Skoda is enjoying with the Kushaq at the moment, I think it is better for Skoda to wait for a while before launching the Monte Carlo edition, till the time the initial hype surrounding the Kushaq dies down.
Most variants of Kushaq are available in stock at dealers in many cities (with discounts), so it has not been a success Skoda had hoped for. Hence the Monte Carlo edition to salvage some sales before the inevitable decline happens!
nitkel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 09:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
Most variants of Kushaq are available in stock at dealers in many cities (with discounts), so it has not been a success Skoda had hoped for. Hence the Monte Carlo edition to salvage some sales before the inevitable decline happens!
This is correct. Almost all Skoda dealers in Delhi NCR have Kushaq in stock and are offering hefty discounts. All the hype that Skoda was able to create around the Kushaq has already gone.

I am not entirely convinced if they will find many takers for the Monte Carlo edition which will have some cosmetic upgrades at a premium to an already expensive car.

Skoda would have done well to price the Kushaq reasonably at launch rather than giving big discounts now when people are looking at other cars. Brands like Tata and MG have done it successfully by launching the cars in lower price bracket and then increasing the prices gradually when their cars were high in demand. I hope they get it right with upcoming Slavia.

Last edited by TheVegabond : 1st December 2021 at 09:05.
TheVegabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 09:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVegabond View Post
This is correct. Almost all Skoda dealers in Delhi NCR have Kushaq in stock and are offering hefty discounts. All the hype that Skoda was able to create around the Kushaq has already gone.

I am not entirely convinced if they will find many takers for the Monte Carlo edition which will have some cosmetic upgrades at a premium to an already expensive car.

Skoda would have done well to price the Kushaq reasonably at launch rather than giving big discounts now when people are looking at other cars. Brands like Tata and MG have done it successfully by launching the cars in lower price bracket and then increasing the prices gradually when their cars were high in demand. I hope they get it right with upcoming Slavia.
A little off topic - but what kind of discounts are being offered right now? One of my knowns is in the market for new crossover.
Old 1st December 2021, 11:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
Most variants of Kushaq are available in stock at dealers in many cities (with discounts),
Quote:
This is correct. Almost all Skoda dealers in Delhi NCR have Kushaq in stock and are offering hefty discounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
A little off topic - but what kind of discounts are being offered right now? One of my knowns is in the market for new crossover.
Yes, I'd also like to know about the discounts that you are aware of.
I am considering Kushaq but the only offer for Style 1.5AT is the corporate discount of 15k. I also tried to see if 2 airbag version is available on discount but even there the offer given was free zero dep addition cover over what the customer pays for insurance.

Last edited by shipnil : 1st December 2021 at 11:22.
Old 1st December 2021, 11:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Yes, I'd also like to know about the discounts that you are aware of. I am considering Kushaq but the only offer for Style 1.5AT is the corporate discount of 15k. I also tried to see if 2 airbag version is available on discount but even there the offer given was free zero dep addition cover over what the customer pays for insurnace.
There were full page ads till last month in Pune announcing exchange offers and corporate discounts. You can negotiate on the insurance by taking an outside quote and asking them to match it. As for other regions, please refer to the Kushaq thread where members have reported being offered ready delivery and discounts.

Last edited by nitkel : 1st December 2021 at 11:19.
Old 1st December 2021, 11:39   #8
BHPian

Dealers in Delhi NCR offered my friend cash discounts ranging 20-40k. Additionally, accessories worth 20k are being offered to go with exchange offers.

If you negotiate well, it is likely you will get a sweet deal.
TheVegabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 12:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Dealers in Delhi NCR offered my friend cash discounts ranging 20-40k. Additionally, accessories worth 20k are being offered to go with exchange offers.

If you negotiate well, it is likely you will get a sweet deal.
Was this offer made for all versions or for selected ones? I have heard of discounts for top end versions with 2 airbags. If it's on all, then interesting and worth pursuing.
Old 1st December 2021, 12:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
Was this offer made for all versions or for selected ones? I have heard of discounts for top end versions with 2 airbags. If it's on all, then interesting and worth pursuing.
This was for Ambition 1.0 AT.

I guess offers are there for all variants, though the benefits might be different. It is worth checking with dealerships.
Old 1st December 2021, 14:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
This was for Ambition 1.0 AT.
This is pretty surprising as 1.0 AT must be amongst their best selling versions. I personally think that Kushaq is not doing that badly, the interest in the car remains abiding.
Old 1st December 2021, 15:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
This is pretty surprising as 1.0 AT must be amongst their best selling versions. I personally think that Kushaq is not doing that badly, the interest in the car remains abiding.
That's right, we were also surprised by the cash discount offered by the dealers. Based on monthly sales charts, Kushaq seems to doing decent numbers since its launch. Still, this is the only car in its segment which is readily available with the dealerships.

Did Skoda expect to sell 10k Kushaqs every month and ended up stocking the cars up with the dealerships!
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:12   #13

Is there any news of the launch date for the Kushaq Monte Carlo?
Old 21st March 2022, 10:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo ready for launch, could take place as early as the second half of April 2022.

The Kushaq Monte Carlo gets interior and exterior upgrades and will be sold with both 1.0- and 1.5-litre engine options.

Name:  20220320104348_Skoda_Kushaq_Web511.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  114.6 KB

Quote:
the seats will get dual tone red-black upholstery with prominent Monte Carlo badging, and there will be prominent red accents on the dashboard, all four doors and on the center console.
Name:  20220320052913_5.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  20220320062138_4A.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  20220320052913_6.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  38.6 KB

Quote:
The Kushaq will also ride on 205/55 R17 tyres with alloy wheel design which is similar to the previous-gen Octavia RS 245
Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-3b.jpg

- Kushaq Monte Carlo will likely get red and white paint shades.
- Will continue to get the same single pane sunroof.
- Gets a fully digital instrument cluster among other features.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st March 2022 at 10:11.
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 10:22   #15

So as per Autocar there is a possibility of the Monte Carlo being 80-100K more than the standard Kushaq. I wonder why.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks