Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 10:20   #1
BHPian

Leela Palace Bangalore got Teanas?

Last week (Friday), when I was driving through the small lanes that signal the beginning of Indira Nagar 80 feet road, I saw two spanking new Teanas getting water serviced in a service station there. Looked very odd to see couple of new upmarket cars in that not so upmarket place. My guess is Leela Palace, which is very near by, got a couple and they wash it here.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:18   #2
BHPian

I heard on some other thread that hotels will take a preference to Teanas. Dont know why.

Do you have any pics?
Old 29th May 2007, 16:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I heard on some other thread that hotels will take a preference to Teanas. Dont know why.

Do you have any pics?
That is because off the following 3 resons

1) This car is an import so duty is 105 % so all those hotels who buy this get this car really cheap they dont pay 22 lacks like general public .They buy through EPCG scheme

2) This car is mostly comfort oriented back seat is better than accord and camry for sure

3) This car is certainy less visible and more of luxury and new design compared to camry and accord

WHO Knows NISSAN HAD THROWN IN SOME good deal To beat the arc rivals
Old 29th May 2007, 16:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

leela bombay has some x trails so they could have got teanas too .. i saw one in chennai but non hotel car
Old 29th May 2007, 17:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

i wish i could import the bmw m5 under the EPCG scheme!!!!! more than an incentive to the hotel and tourism industry i think its a loophole for lots of ppl who wish to skip the 105% duty that the government steals from us...i think lots of politicians get their landcruisers and lexuses by this route. (EPCG:Every Politician is a Chor in the Government!!!)
Old 29th May 2007, 21:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Why are you surprised if they do have one? They have Camry's and Beemers as well..
Old 29th May 2007, 23:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for going OT, but can these EPCG cars be bought by a private buyer after, say, a certain period of time?
Old 30th May 2007, 00:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post

2) This car is mostly comfort oriented back seat is better than accord and camry for sure
Are you sure about that ? I thought Teana is a re-badged Maxima and Camry's back seat was always better than Maxima.
Old 30th May 2007, 00:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nah teana i also called the cefiro in the far east markets.The Maxima is Smaller if im not wrong.I always thought the teana was c-class competition whereas the maxima was on par with the accords/camrys///
Old 30th May 2007, 00:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Nah teana i also called the cefiro in the far east markets.The Maxima is Smaller if im not wrong.I always thought the teana was c-class competition whereas the maxima was on par with the accords/camrys///
Did some googling. Teanna is sold as Maxima in Australia but the Maxima that is sold in US is bigger. When I made my comment about Camry being more comfortable than Teana, it was based on US Maxima.
Old 30th May 2007, 01:27   #11
BHPian

Leela seems to be in love affair with nissan, in tvm they use x-trails to transport guests.
Old 30th May 2007, 08:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Sorry for going OT, but can these EPCG cars be bought by a private buyer after, say, a certain period of time?
Cars bought under this scheme should be held for a period of 5 (may be 6 not too sure) years after which they can be sold to the public.
Old 30th May 2007, 10:59   #13
BHPian

Ha-Ha, drive into Royal Orchid opposite the Leela towards Domlur and you'll be surprised to see the King of all Cars.

Rolls-Royce-Phantom..

I spotted it a couple of times there.. Maaan, it looked fantabulous..
Old 30th May 2007, 11:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Did some googling. Teanna is sold as Maxima in Australia but the Maxima that is sold in US is bigger. When I made my comment about Camry being more comfortable than Teana, it was based on US Maxima.
Yes. Maxima in US (atleast years 2000 and before) is targeted against Toyota Avalon and not Camrys/Accords. For that they had Altima.
Boy, I miss my Black Maxima ('97 model) that I had there. 190hp. Hence my soft spot for Teana here
Old 30th May 2007, 11:52   #15
Team-BHP Support

Saw a Teana today while on my way to work. Was quite ahead of me at the signal, and couldnt get a proper shot to take a pic. Looks quite imposing, and the rear lights resembled the ones on a Merc.

Most Viewed