Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 13:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
In germany the taxi segment is dominated by the E220cdi, AND,
the private luxury segment by the E350 or E270cdi.!!!
the cab image is linked to the size of the engine/motor in the car!!!--mature market is it??
Very different. Apples n oranges - no comments on which one represents the apple or the orange though.

That said, I am not a fan of the Scorpio anyway and I would second what has already been said - the top varian would be hit very badly.
Old 31st May 2007, 13:27   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Scorp with Boleros engine?
The M2Di it is. There goes Scorpio's image.
Old 31st May 2007, 22:11   #18
BHPian

Finally, what will M & M do to increase the legspace in the middle row to give a modicum of business class leg space that it's erstwhile competitors offer ? Increasing wheelbase will cost them millions. Innova et al offer fantastic legspace along with other goodies like a roof mounted AC's / Blowers, ABS, Airbags etc. Plonking an unsophisticated engine without bells and whistles may get the numbers temporarily but passenger comfort, ride quality & safety will get M & M long term relationship, sales, image and repeat customers. A few kms drive in a Toyota will suffice to know what quality switchgear, ergonomics, NVH etc is all about. Tinker with the Scorpio for bettering it in every possible way. No fake Hood vents, no silly sticker jobs / paint jobs.

M & M should leave the bottom end to the Boleros, which is doing the job very good. Give the respect Scorpio deserves.
Old 31st May 2007, 23:51   #19
BHPian

M&M is hell bent on cashing on on its only flagship model nowadays...Bolero is definitely losing its ground ...with very few takers!
So its turned head towards the Scorpio...which anyways has found some ground in the taxi markets...go to the hills...you'll find a no. of Scorpios lined up...though you wont see any safaris.
Seems like we have another Sumo in the making...
Old 1st June 2007, 10:32   #20
Team-BHP Support

Saw a Scorp with yellow plates yesterday on the Marathalli flyover last evening. Had no side cladding, and had black bumpers. The vehicle itself was white coloured.

Couldnt see if it was the M2Di as it was coming towards me. Sadly, the demise of the Scorpio image has just been started.
Old 2nd June 2007, 18:06   #21
BHPian

Isnt the new engine called Eagel engine? supposed to be better than the older version.
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

I saw the Scorpio M2di at Borivali in Mumbai today. Going by the registration number, it was 30-45 days old. I could not have a closer look as it took the flyover & I went below it. I wonder how M&M did not advertise the launch of this variant. I suppose it has a naturally aspirated engine. Am I right? Also, are any more specs available?
Old 8th June 2007, 08:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries have started in the NCR as well it seems. Just followed one on NH8 with temp plates and the ribbon - dark red/maroonish color, probably just out of the showroom a day back.......M2DI on the right rear.

There's no tangible difference from the rear or the sides (apart from absence of cladding) or even the front (whatever I saw in my mirrors) and I guess there's only one variant since it didn't have any other badging.

Last edited by suman : 8th June 2007 at 08:29.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_seattle View Post
M&M is hell bent on cashing on on its only flagship model nowadays...Bolero is definitely losing its ground ...with very few takers!
So its turned head towards the Scorpio....
Not really ..here is the linky

http://www.mahindra.com/Admin/tmpupl...9.5percent.pdf

10,986 mahindra UVs ( includes scorpio + bolero range ) sold in May 07 , as against 8945 last year.

Bolero is definitely not losing ground
Old 8th June 2007, 10:46   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Bolero is definitely not losing ground
Yup. I've even started to see LWB Boleros used for call center transports.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks