Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which C-segmenter is the best looker among the current set ?
NHC-ZX 53 13.28%
Verna 34 8.52%
Fiesta 101 25.31%
SX-4 137 34.34%
Indigo 7 1.75%
Aveo 67 16.79%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 14:44   #61
Team-BHP Support

finneyp, please feel free to ignore this thread if you find it a waste of time.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

The SX4 is winning this poll, lol!! I voted for the SX4 too, purely because the Fiesta looks too small and those 16inch wheels on the SX4 do make her look better then the rest IMHO.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:53   #63
BHPian

I'd say the fiesta all the way..... SX4 looks slightly un proportional, and Aveo and Verna, looks like they borrowed different parts from differnt models nad just stuck them together.

my choice
1. Fiesta
2. SX4
3. Indigo
Old 1st June 2007, 14:54   #64
Team-BHP Support

Seeing the way the SX4 trailed initially, i thought the Fiesta was an outright winner. Looks like not many find the SX4 odd, despite the bent forward stance, et all.

Interesting. When do we take the final call on the poll, though?
Old 1st June 2007, 15:08   #65
BHPian

i voted for the aveo- even though personally i feel the SX4 is a better overall car... the aveo looks modern and high quality (though im sure under the skin the story might be different)... the SX4 is definitely a close second, but that maruti badge kinda takes away some brand equity, as does the slightly awkward looking 3 box setup (it was a hatch originally right?)
Old 1st June 2007, 15:46   #66
BHPian

For me Fiesta looks elegently and a matured one, and more-over didn't like the dummy-dummy like looks of SX4 and NHC looks sucks.
Old 1st June 2007, 15:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Guys, instead of discussing which Car is the best Looker, shall we discuss which Car is the Best package in its segment which will atleast help the prospective buyers in C segment!!
Do you think we will ever be able to come to a conclusion on that, considering the many parameters involved in determining the best package ? There is no car which will be the best on all counts. Any car involves compromise on some front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Discussing about looks (which is subjective most of the times) is pure waste of time IMHO!
Looks, if you were not aware, is a main criteria for purchase for many people, not just for cars, but many products. I am surprised you think its a waste of time. Anyway, as RT mentioned, you could ignore this thread if you still feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29
When do we take the final call on the poll, though?
Hmmm, I thought about putting a timeline when I created the poll, but was not sure as to when. Anyway, with no new releases planned in this segment, I guess we can keep it open for some time.
Old 1st June 2007, 15:51   #68
BHPian

My vote goes for : NONE - None of them loook good, infact i like the old shape Honda city. looks far more better than all these lookalikes
Old 1st June 2007, 16:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Interesting poll this one. The hot selling NHC is trailing in 4th position. Just proves the car buying public is willing to overlook not-so-great-looks to buy an otherwise great car.

The other example is the Indigo. Predictably, it is voted the ugliest. So can we expect a better looking Indigo replacement and not a 'boot fix' next time around?

The SX4 is fresh, hence it gets my vote. Its not easy putting a boot on a mini SUV and Suzuki succeeded. The Fiesta is a close second. Conservative but neat design. Aveo and NHC follow.

I wonder where the Fiat Linea would figure on that list when intrduced in India...
Old 1st June 2007, 16:03   #70
BHPian

Why wasn't Optra 1.6 is not included in the list ? I liked looks of Optra more than Fiesta, since Optra was not there in the list, I voted for Fiesta.
Old 1st June 2007, 16:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised that the verna has such little fans. It is an absolute beauty whereas the SX4 looks like a totally out of shape beast. (All my opinions). My vote certainly goes to verna & if there was a second choice, it would have to be the fiesta (Starting to dislike it these days).
Old 1st June 2007, 16:55   #72

Alto ka Baap and picture perfect contestents

Always felt IMHO that Aveo looked similar to the Alto with a tad "ikon-ish" boot.

For me the Fiesta looks good in "real" life up close. Must admit though that it is hardly photogenic.

On the other hand the SX4 does look much better in pictures than up close. IMHO again....
Old 1st June 2007, 18:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

i did not like the NHC initially. but actually , now in comparison it does look good. especially in certain colours in profile it looks really good.

SX4 seemed to look good , but then in flesh its incredibly ugly- mainly bcos of the peculiar looking A - PILLAR ( QUARTER GLASS ) and the absolutely bland rear end which carries no design cues from the front or the profile...as if rear end design was done by ppl who did not know what the rest of the car looked like...
Old 1st June 2007, 19:03   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc
Why wasn't Optra 1.6 is not included in the list ?
Because it is not exactly what you would call a tall-boy sedan (or cab forward). The poll was to find out the looker in the not-so-good-looking range of tall-boy sedans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
It is an absolute beauty
john, i know that looks/beauty are subjective. But still, calling the Verna an absolute beauty ? Anyway, its your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Old 1st June 2007, 20:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Because it is not exactly what you would call a tall-boy sedan (or cab forward). The poll was to find out the looker in the not-so-good-looking range of tall-boy sedans.

john, i know that looks/beauty are subjective. But still, calling the Verna an absolute beauty ? Anyway, its your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Some folks also find Baleno beauty... so now wonder Verna can be considered a beauty too....to each his own

Last edited by Aditya : 1st June 2007 at 20:41.

Most Viewed