Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 18:26   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm also not in the mood for running pillar to post in this pandemic. I rather liaise with a single person who is from the driving school and leave all the headache to him. I don't mind shelling out extra money and keep some piece of mind. I had a great experience with a driving school guy near the k r puram RTO in 2016.
That is precisely what I did as well.
My old DL was issued in UP and is a booklet type. So I have so many things to be done - address change , RTO change, getting smart card etc.

I also approached local driving school just outside my society and they are charging 4500 for this. I need to go to the RTO this friday for the mug shot. Rest all they will 'manage'.
Dont know if this charge is too much but I checked with few driving schools and they all quoted the same. The online sites are quoting 6000+ for outstation DL renewals.
Old 27th July 2021, 19:52   #182
BHPian

Both my wife’s and my DL are up for renewal this year. While I could renew my wives completely online in kerala without visiting the RTO, mine is stuck pending a visit for verification in Pune RTO as per the status I can see online.

Could someone please confirm if this is required? I thought as per latest guidelines renewal doesn’t need a visit if Aadhar is used. Shouldn’t all states apply the rules uniformly?
Old 28th July 2021, 08:44   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Could someone please confirm if this is required? I thought as per latest guidelines renewal doesn’t need a visit if Aadhar is used. Shouldn’t all states apply the rules uniformly?
Unfortunately, not the same everywhere. In Kerala, you don't need to visit the RTO (atleast if you doing it via an agent). But in Bangalore, you will need to visit the RTO, get the photo taken and sign a form. Mine had a slight delay due to the backlog but got the license in under 10 days.
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:01   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.fixated View Post
Hi folks, I have my Driving License from Hyderabad but I reside in Bangalore.
Hi Dr.Fixated

Good day

Hope you and your family is sound and safe.

This is in reference to your post to the two questions that you had:

About using soft copies of documents: As per the updated news soft copies are acceptable for more information you can check the below link from financial express newsletter dated Feb 6th 2019

https://www.financialexpress.com/mon...y-now/1478639/

With regards to Getting a duplicate license, Telangana RTO now has something called as the T App Folio app which can be used for any work related to rto like RC and Driving License. So essentially you can fill up the details on the mobile app and upload the forms The complete procedure can be found on the below link: (Source : telangana RTO website.)

https://transport.telangana.gov.in/h...g-licence.html

https://tgtransport.net/tgcfstonline...px?Trans=RENDL

Take Care and Stay safe

Regards

Sushil Narayanan

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd August 2021 at 14:22. Reason: Quote tags fixed
sushil_n79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:10   #185
BHPian

Quote:
This is from the Parivahan website for Maharashtra state. I'm in the middle of renewing my Dad's license.
License Renewal-screen-shot-20210803-2.09.11-pm.png

Unfortunately, MH requires you to visit the RTO for everything.
Old 12th August 2021, 10:27   #186
BHPian

Thanks Naveen and GT for your comments.

I finally visited the Pimpri RTO and completed the process.
But it still simply beats me that the whole process is online in Kerala but a visit is mandated in Maharashtra.
Old 4th September 2021, 20:39   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Both my wife’s and my DL are up for renewal this year. While I could renew my wives completely online in kerala without visiting the RTO, mine is stuck pending a visit for verification in Pune RTO as per the status I can see online...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
... In Kerala, you don't need to visit the RTO (atleast if you doing it via an agent)...
Do they send the new license to the permanent address ? Or can we select where should it be sent to ?

While the permanent residence is in Kerala, am in Chennai - is it possible to get it delivered to Chennai?
Old 5th September 2021, 08:53   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do they send the new license to the permanent address ? Or can we select where should it be sent to ?

While the permanent residence is in Kerala, am in Chennai - is it possible to get it delivered to Chennai?
They send it to the permanent address. No way of sending it to another address. I had asked the same question when I renewed it.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 22:30   #189

License Renewal Experience at KR Puram RTO (KA-53)

License Actual Expiry : Feb, 2021 (doc extended validity: 30th Sep, as per MORTH)

My License was originally issued in Jharkhand and the details were not available on Sarathi website. Since, I couldn't travel to Jharkhand, I sent them emails, along with copy of my DL, requesting them for backlog entry. It took 7 months and 17 emails before they finally obliged.
Once my DL details were available on Sarathi website, I filled my renewal application online for services: Renewal of DL and Change of Address in DL

Documents uploaded:
1. Old DL Copy
2. Address proof (Aadhar)
3. Form 1-A (took help of driving school next to my friend's house - charged Rs. 50/- for it.)

Paid fee of Rs. 551 + CC Charges of Rs. 6.50 and booked appointment slot for 20th Sep (02:30 PM to 03:30 PM). This is the only slot available for DL Services

20th Sep, 2021 @ KA-53 RTO

I reached at 02:15 PM and went straight to the Xerox shop next to it to get a plastic pouch (Rs. 5), Stamped Envelope (Rs. 30), a tag (Re. 1) and paper folder (Rs. 2)
I placed my Old Dl in the pouch and tagged it with envelope and following documents in the paper folder:

1. Appointment Confirmation
2. Application Reference Slip/Acknowledgement
3. Payment Receipt
4. Form 1-A and Form 1 (back to back print)

Other docs I was carrying, just in case they ask for it: pre-filled Application form from Sarathi, copy of old DL, Copy of Aadhar, Original Aadhar

I was directed to Room 02 on 2nd Floor to Assistant RTO for signing the documents. There were hardly 6-7 people. I was 3rd in the queue. Though it was out of state license, he didn’t make any qualms about it. He just joked about how my appearance has changed from the pic on the old DL. He even showed it to couple of other people from RTO present there. He didn't ask for any other documents incl. original. After signing he asked me to go First to Room 01 on Ground Floor for Photo and Biometric and then to Room 03 on 1st Floor for submission of document.

In Room 01 on Ground Floor, the person asked for Rs. 60 for smart card (cash), took my photo and in the name of biometric I just had to sign on an electronic pad (which I somehow managed as it wasn't as smooth as it looked). He attached receipt of Rs. 60 to my documents and asked me to go to Room 03 on First Floor.

The person in Room 03 on First Floor took my documents, took out the Application Reference Slip/Acknowledgement, stamped it and returned it to me for showing it to cops if and when they stop me. He told I will get my smart card in a month's time.

I was out of RTO office in 15 mins. All in all, a very smooth experience with absolutely no hassles.

This is the status I currently see on Sarathi website:
Attached Thumbnails
License Renewal-status.jpg  

pdiwedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:55   #190
BHPian

My DL is in mess.

My DL was issued in Mumbai. It is an old booklet type license.
License number seems incorrect. It doesn't show up in Digilocker, Vaahan kind of sites.
I moved to Bangalore long back. I don't have any NOC from MH RTO.
Today I realized that my DL has already expired last Nov. Around that time, we were going through a family emergency. I would have missed the renewal reminder.

Now, I have an expired DL that was issued in a different state which not searchable online.

How do I renew it?
Would it be better to apply for a new DL? I would have to go through the whole LL > DL process again. It may take 2-3 months. Legally, I wouldn't be allowed to drive alone during the LL phase!
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:39   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
My DL is in mess.

My DL was issued in Mumbai. It is an old booklet type license.
License number seems incorrect. It doesn't show up in Digilocker, Vaahan kind of sites.
The number may not be wrong. Since it's old license, chances are, the details were never entered by RTO on Sarathi to be available online. You will have to get the detailed entered by original license issuing RTO. It's called Backlog entry. Once done, you will be able to see the license online and you can apply for Renewal along with change of address.

All expired documents validity has been extended up to 30th Sep.
Old 24th September 2021, 11:01   #192
BHPian

My experience in renewing DL and change of address -
All docs uploaded and fee paid online (551/-) and slot booked. Since am > 40 years, got form1A attested by govt doc - private docs ain't good enough, it seems. Anyway..

Day of appointment - went to kasturi nagar RTO counter 24, small queue, no one bothered to check my appointment slot, no checking of originals or anything, superindent signed form and wrote 'counter 23', went to counter 23 - photo and e-sign taken after paying 58/- (no receipt, a scam?).

Done - Gordon Ramsay -istyle. In and out in 15 mins flat.

Going to RTO physically is completely avoidable if only the "powers that be" can decide, since photo and signature are anyway uploaded digitally and there is no need for one more photo to be taken.

Absolutely no need to approach any agents if your paper work is in order.

Last edited by WindRide : 24th September 2021 at 11:04.
Old 5th October 2021, 09:16   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiwedy View Post
License Renewal Experience at KR Puram RTO (KA-53)

This is the status I currently see on Sarathi website:
What is the current status of your application? I had submitted my application around the same date and it is still in "SCRUTINY - (Verification of Proof Documents)" / "PENDING" state.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th October 2021 at 11:53. Reason: trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting the whole post as it may inconvenience small-screen/mobile users.
Old 5th October 2021, 18:13   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
What is the current status of your application?
Mine, too, shows as under 'Scrutiny' with 'ARTO NT'.
Old 5th October 2021, 18:36   #195
Senior - BHPian

How many days does it take for ‘printing’ ? I finished my ‘Photo’ & ‘eSig’ last Friday. Duly got an sms.

The status online shows ‘Printing of smart card’. Hopefully, it doesn’t take more than a week.

Most Viewed