Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 12:22   #16
BHPian

Re: License Renewal

How much earlier can one apply for renewal of license? My license expires in Aug '18 and I would like to give sufficient time for the process to complete since I understand that there are a large number of people applying for licenses (loss of original) after the rule to carry originals came into force.
Old 28th May 2018, 16:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
How much earlier can one apply for renewal of license?
I have the same question. How early can I apply? Mine is expiring next March. It is the old type card without the chip and the plastic coating is coming off.
Old 28th May 2018, 16:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
How much earlier can one apply for renewal of license?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How early can I apply? Mine is expiring next March.
I believe this can be done 3 months before the expiry date. Related link from Hindustan Times dated 2012. Might vary from state to state though.

Link

In Telangana, it is 1 month. Link

Last edited by get2bid : 28th May 2018 at 16:25.
get2bid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 17:10   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

In Pondicherry, its 1 month before expiry. Renewed it for my wife there and the process was smooth. Didnt bother to transfer it to Bangalore.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 17:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
How much earlier can one apply for renewal of license?.
30 days in advance, it can be applied. In case of expired DL, upto 30 days from the date of expiry, it can be renewed without penalty.

I got my renewed DL on the same day, last year, in Chennai. Now, this process is made online and it shouldn't take more time.

You can try this link to apply online https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiserv...teSelection.do
Old 28th May 2018, 17:22   #21
Team-BHP Support

My wife's DL renewal took exactly one month in Udupi. The last time I renewed back in 2009, it took 45 minutes in Bangalore (Jaya Nagar). It looks like we have gone back in time. Trust the government to make computers work slower.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 17:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same question. How early can I apply? Mine is expiring next March. It is the old type card without the chip and the plastic coating is coming off.
It is one month in Maharashtra and there are penalties too, if you don't do it before expiry date. Besides, if you are crossing onto other side of 50, I think the renewal is only for 5 years.
Old 10th October 2018, 14:58   #23
BANNED

On Ghaziabad RTO website for License renewal - Form 2 is available whereas normally on google, Form 9 is available. Moreover the pdf has font too small, ie the text in the printout is very small.
The Medical Fitness form has "CMV Form 1" written on it.
(link: http://www.uptransport.co.in/formlist.aspx )

Anyone aware of the proper forms needed?
Do RTOs accept Cash - for fee payment?
Old 10th October 2018, 17:30   #24
BHPian

Can you renew at any RTO, apart from the one it got issued (Same city!)

This link doesn't have any TN registered documents I suppose. Mine was issued in 1998 and it mentions we need to create a backlog and it doesn't allow me to create one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstlnt View Post
30 days in advance, it can be applied. In case of expired DL, upto 30 days from the date of expiry, it can be renewed without penalty.

I got my renewed DL on the same day, last year, in Chennai. Now, this process is made online and it shouldn't take more time.

You can try this link to apply online https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiserv...teSelection.do
Old 13th October 2018, 14:55   #25
BHPian

Re: License Renewal BANGALORE

Hi,

This query is to anyone in Bangalore who has recently renewed their DL.

I am out of the country now and my DL (Bangalore-East RTO) expires on 30 November 2018.

I was told now you have to renew it online and it can be done only 30 days before expiry date.

My questions are-
1) Can I initiate the procedure online when I am abroad itself.
2) In the above case, within how many days of initiating online request should I travel to India to go and submit my old license to get the new license before the expiry date.
3) I will still be 49 years if renewed before 30 November, so how many years do they renew it for.

Thanks for your kind inputs.

Haroon
Old 9th November 2018, 19:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
1) Can I initiate the procedure online when I am abroad itself.
2) In the above case, within how many days of initiating online request should I travel to India to go and submit my old license to get the new license before the expiry date.
3) I will still be 49 years if renewed before 30 November, so how many years do they renew it for.
I don't know whether you are done with renewal of your license.

I just started the process and I myself have few queries.

1. You can initiate the process online.
2. Once the online application is done you need to visit the RTO at the earliest.
3. I wouldn't know about this. Considering you are above 40, you need to undergo a medical test/certification done and the same uploaded along with your online application.

Hope this helps!
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 11:11   #27
BHPian

Re: Upload of Medical, Photo and Signature for DL?

Quote:
My wife's DL renewal took exactly one month in Udupi. The last time I renewed back in 2009, it took 45 minutes in Bangalore (Jaya Nagar). It looks like we have gone back in time. Trust the government to make computers work slower.
Could you help us know, how did you go about upload of medical documents, photo and signature on the parivahan site? Does it suffice if we carry the print of online acknowledgement and rest of the docs, physically to the RTO for submission?

Please advise!
Old 11th November 2018, 16:15   #28
Team-BHP Support

Re: Upload of Medical, Photo and Signature for DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could you help us know, how did you go about upload of medical documents, photo and signature on the parivahan site? Does it suffice if we carry the print of online acknowledgement and rest of the docs, physically to the RTO for submission?
Did nothing of that sort. This is Udupi RTO we are talking about. The RTO agents are kings there. Just submitted the documents asked by the agent and he followed it up and got it done. Don't remember the details anymore, it has been a while.
Old 14th November 2018, 23:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I don't know whether you are done with renewal of your license.

I just started the process and I myself have few queries.

1. You can initiate the process online.
2. Once the online application is done you need to visit the RTO at the earliest.
3. I wouldn't know about this. Considering you are above 40, you need to undergo a medical test/certification done and the same uploaded along with your online application.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate the timely inputs JMaruru. I have to do the renewal in 10 days so will follow your points.
Thanks again
Old 15th November 2018, 11:40   #30
BANNED

My son needed to renew his UP License. This was issued at 18 and was valid till be reached 40. We got the NOC from the Kanpur RTO. The Gurugram RTO claimed that the license was not traceable. Why the numbering had changed and also he wanted an e-NOC and not the paper one issued by Kanpur RTO!

In any case my son applied for a Haryana DL (remember as per the Gurugram RTO the old license did not exist). My own license had a serial no. nnnn/xx but when renewed has a long no ending in 6769. So obviously the old license no. cannot be traced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks