Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 15:23   #16

Ferrari in India :

1- Where these cars will be driven? From Home Garage to the expressway the car needs to be transported by a truck – Roads are so Bad and everyone wants a road hump infront of there house (Safety). In Fact half of the two wheelers fall down because of a solid take of and a crash landing over these humps.
2- Cities are undergoing construction (like Bangalore, Delhi (Gurgaon), Pune, HYD) – Appts /Metro/Fly Overs – Bolders are lying on the roads. I find it difficult in my Alto. Most of the times I need to do a criss cross (1 wheel at a time in Alto)
3- Service – Imagine a Ferrari being serviced on a ramp and next to it you have an Indi Cab (Yellow Board)
4- Having a complete warehouse will involve cost – So parts needs to be ordered- TAT ?

Well on the other hand lets accept that we have many Ferraris in India. At Least I am aware of 2 in Bangalore Itself. But I am sure they are limited to few roads only and can’t see entire city because they can’t. So the bottom line (I Think) is – There are buyers, Plenty of them may be 10 in every City but Apart from money do they also have that much of patience to overlook all above mentioned experiences? If yes, I would call it un conditional love with the car and may not be passion. Because Passion needs to be practical.

Regards,

Karim Bhai

Last edited by Eddy : 15th July 2010 at 15:31.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
@ Platzda Turbo what i heard is, they would open one showroom under their management in Bombay and one in Delhi. There would not be another as they want to have total control and secondly the unit sales would not need to have many outlets per city.

Makes sense. Dam exciting though, that the prancing horse will have its own roof in the city soon enough !
Old 16th July 2010, 09:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Bhai View Post
Ferrari in India :

3- Service – Imagine a Ferrari being serviced on a ramp and next to it you have an Indi Cab (Yellow Board)

Regards,

Karim Bhai
Dude, seriously.. Tata/Fiat are not dumb enough to sell Ferrari's at their Tata/Fiat showrooms & have ferrari serviced at Tata/Fiat service centres.
Sharing Tata's Jaguar/Landrover dealerships atleast makes sense, although even that is highly unlikely.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:56   #19
BHPian

It does really make sense. What you see now are unofficial imports, handled in many cases by an agency. Believe me, when my uncle contacted an agency, he charged as much as Rs 20,00,000 (as fee) for a Nissan GT-R that costs just Rs 40-45 lakhs in Japan. When added, the total figure comes close to Rs 80-90 lakhs + 20 for the importer. This really turned him down and went for an officially imported Audi R8 (found elsewhere on Team-BHP) instead.

So having even a single dealership does make sense, not just in terms of cost but faith as well
Old 16th July 2010, 18:40   #20
BHPian

i am dead sure that we will have the 20 ferrari showrooms way before we have extensive roads to drive all the ferraris sold!
Old 17th July 2010, 16:03   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I thought ferrari already had a showroom in mumbai through an exclusive dealership(forgot the name) along with Maserati.Infact there was a thread dedicated for the launch of the showroom a few years back.
While National Garage would want you to believe they were authorised dealers, NG was nothing more than an importer. I remember a small announcement ad in the back of a Bombay Times. Even Maruti 800 ads have more class!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Bhai View Post
Where these cars will be driven?
Where in London can you drive a Ferrari? Or New York?

India has plentiful opportunity to let supercars stretch their legs.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Guys Ferrari has tied up with TATA MOTORS to sell Ferrari's in India.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guys Ferrari has tied up with TATA MOTORS to sell Ferrari's in India.
If it is true then I hope they take utmost care in the A** part.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachigamer View Post
If it is true then I hope they take utmost care in the A** part.
It was all over the news this morning, so it has to be true.

The A.S.S. part would be a pain now. Tata shares its space with Jaguar, Land Rover and now Ferrari's would also roll in. That means a 2 something crore car being serviced besides a 1 crore car besides a 5 Lakh car by an Unskilled Mechanic. Boy what a sight, JLR owners are not happy with the Service done on their cars, so a Ferrari owner has things to worry about.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:13   #25
BHPian

Ferrari Set for India in 2011

Guys, I just found this piece of news on the NDTV website. Don't know how much of it is true though.

It says :

Quote:
Ferrari would be available out of dealerships in Delhi and Mumbai in the first year of launch according to sources. This would be followed by dealerships in other metros - Bangalore, Chennai - and later possibly in Chandigarh or Hyderabad.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:35   #26
BHPian

Ferrari looks set for India debut in 2011

Legendry racing car Ferrari is all set for an Indian debut as Fiat is readying plans to launch the iconic brand in the first half of 2011. Ferrari has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One, where it has enjoyed great success.

Read more at: Ferrari looks set for India debut in 2011 - NDTV Profit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks