Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:22   #31
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Totally agree with the view from many that kodiaq has a premium feel. But -

- Now its only petrol
- We have seen how much VW allspace managed to sell and the kind of discounts they eventually gave.
- This same product (yes with a less powerful, but Diesel and no other really significant changes) was available with good discounts and still doing ~150 units per month.
- Kodiaq is a premium car; but Skoda logo is not, esp at 40+ lac range

I really wonder how much would they sell per month if they increase the price a lot. I can't somehow understand this notion that less volume is Ok for skoda.
motorhead5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:47   #32
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

The omission of radar based safety, massaging seats (seen in the international variants) is sort of a missed opportunity given the lower segments are already offering ADAS. At least the L&K variant could offer it to justify the premium over the other two variants and customers who would like those features could opt for one. For instance we are considering the XC60 as our next upgrade down the line and had Skoda brought in the added safety tech with massaging seats, we might as well consider the Kodiaq as it looks potent and comes standard with 4X4 setup. Nevertheless, I am still going to give it a shot to see if it checks our boxes.

Last edited by vjbox : 2nd January 2022 at 22:51.
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:11   #33

Great news. Some mind numbing pricing to be true but nothing unexpected. This will be an excellent addition to the new host of vehicles coming in from the Skoda stable.

How I wish the Skoda Diesel's were still in play. Will be eagerly waiting for some Diesel versions to show up in the Pre-Owned route, up for grabs.
vikispeaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:22   #34
BHPian

Interior pic of new Kodiaq L&K shared by someone I know -

1. Ventilated front seats
2. Off-road mode
3. No blank switches as far as I can see - good Job Skoda.

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-kodiaq20220103101024.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd January 2022 at 22:10. Reason: Watermark added
pk1972 is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 16:23   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq price reveal on 10th Jan

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYQ0X2-v...dium=copy_link

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-d12b4d410c1e4aba97bbad7c4641a8cb.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 3rd January 2022 at 16:25.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 18:12   #36
BHPian

Just saw the car in person.

Definitely bigger than the Taigun. Way ahead of the Fortuner / Innova in terms of cabin quality.

I loved the interiors and the car overall.

Dealer told me price of approx 45 lacs OTR mumbai.

If that’s the case then I am seriously considering it.
drjaygoyal is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Totally agree with the view from many that kodiaq has a premium feel. But -

- Now its only petrol
- We have seen how much VW allspace managed to sell and the kind of discounts they eventually gave.
- This same product (yes with a less powerful, but Diesel and no other really significant changes) was available with good discounts and still doing ~150 units per month.
- Kodiaq is a premium car; but Skoda logo is not, esp at 40+ lac range

I really wonder how much would they sell per month if they increase the price a lot. I can't somehow understand this notion that less volume is Ok for skoda.
Kind of agree. Much as i love the classy Kodiaq, this will not do more than what it was doing back in 2020, even with discounts. In effect will not even make a dent on the Fortuner.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 21:48   #38
BHPian

With Endeavour gone, there is certainly a gap in the segment (~600 units on average). Now Tata and Mahindra is able to impact the 20-30L on road segment, which made that segment more interesting. Meridien and hopefully couple more models can make this segment more competitive in the near future!!

I hope skoda will price Kodiaq smartly and get higher volume, which it deserves
Old 3rd January 2022, 22:18   #39
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
. On a rather crude comparison, VW Tiguan costs roughly 25 iPhones in the US but would cost 50 of them here.
This is even more astonishing when you factor in the price differential in the iPhone itself between the two markets.
handsofsteel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 11:06   #40
BHPian

Do we know for sure that the switches are for ventilated seats and not heated seats? VAG group does have a history of equipping it's cars with the latter.
Old 4th January 2022, 11:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Innova and Kodiaq is like comparing chalk and cheese but there is some merit. Let me elaborate on this being a Kodiaq owner.

The Kodiaq is miles ahead in terms of feeling premium, luxury, drive quality that is more car like and dynamics that are like a cross over and not a body on frame stiff and rudimentary feeling Innova.

However both cars have different use case. If you want a car that can traverse bad roads without you having to worry about the abuse and don't mind the compromises mentioned above, the Innova is a more practical and abuse friendly car.

The Kodiaq can take abuse but you have to be a little careful and you are always weary of breaking anything in a complex European car.

If you are mainly using it for long drives and self driving the Kodiaq is the best pick. If you are using it for daily commuting and chauffeur driven more and occasional self drive highway trips, the Innova might be a more practical option.

The Kodiaq does not like traffic and the DSG is never comfortable in stop go and slow moving traffic. It's brilliant on the highway but not in town. Also the Kodiaq is very wide and in narrow roads needs watchful driving.
Thank you for the insights - very useful for prospective buyers! The same engine & DSG is doing duty on multiple VAG offerings like Tiguan/Audi's/Skoda cars/etc. Can you pls elaborate on this DSG not liking traffic? Most of the time, our cars will be used in peak traffic (80% or higher).

I learnt from this forum that the A4 actually has DL382 and not DSG. How much does this change the traffic likeability?
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 12:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

As the launch nears new Kodiaq interiors detailed in Infographic.

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-20220104_120138.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th January 2022 at 12:04.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 12:22   #43
BHPian

Very minor upgrade inside and outside from the previous model. Virtual cockpit was available in L&K. Only addition seems to be ventilated seats. No mention of wireless charging in above pic.
AnandB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 12:34   #44

Kodiaq is definitely is good buy looking at the features and built quality compared to Fortuner or for that matter other models in that price bracket.

Only downside is think would be lack of a diesel option. Not sure why Skoda or for that matter VW is not looking at diesel option anymore for Kodiaq or Tiguan. Looking at current petrol prices and also considering the fact that we cant expect more than single digit fuel efficiency in city, cost of running the car will be very high.

On some other forums I am seeing people cribbing about XUV700 petrol engine fuel efficiency which is again single digit in city driving conditions. What else can you expect from a 200 bhp petrol engine?

From my personal experience i am facing a similar dilemma with my XUV500 W10 manual and XUV300 petrol manual. XUV500 is comfortably giving me 14.5kmpl to 15kmpl in city and 18-19kmpl on highway. On the other hand XUV300 is giving 11-12kmpl in city (sometimes even lower if ur stuck in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic) and around 15-16kmpl on highway. I find driving the XUV300 little expensive compared to my XUV500. Now i think if i took a wise decision to buying XUV300 in petrol or i should have gone for diesel instead?

I am for one a diesel fan and would have loved to consider Kodiaq if it would come in diesel option as well.

Other argument can be that if you can spend 45 lakhs plus on a car you can afford filling petrol as well..!!
Old 4th January 2022, 12:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Very minor upgrade inside and outside from the previous model. Virtual cockpit was available in L&K. Only addition seems to be ventilated seats. No mention of wireless charging in above pic.
Wireless charging is present in L&K. Tested with samsung phone and it was working during my inspection. I think it also has Dynamic chassis control based on horizontal attachment to dampers but it was dark so I am not 100% sure.
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed