Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 22:33   #76
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Does the audio system has a subwoofer? I am thinking to replace my Ford Endeavor with this version but will decide after a test drive only.

BTW, will there be any tax changes in the budget for automobile sector? Should I wait till April to buy?

Any predictions.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 00:15   #77
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I haven't driven a Kodiaq, made a blind booking. My rationale for going with Kodiaq is that it's handling with DCC in Sport mode won't be far behind Gen3 Superb (I hope so).

To me, the choice is between Superb and Kodiaq. I think Kodiaq is clearly a more versatile vehicle. I was on the fence but veering towards Superb for lack of alternatives. Addition of DCC made the choice an easy one in favor of Kodiaq.
I'm in the same mind space buddy. After the great disappointment that was the Tiguan, seeing the sneak peeks on the Kodiaq, am going ahead and booking one as well. Any idea what are the booking amounts being charged?
Old 8th January 2022, 06:14   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
I'm in the same mind space buddy. After the great disappointment that was the Tiguan, seeing the sneak peeks on the Kodiaq, am going ahead and booking one as well. Any idea what are the booking amounts being charged?
I paid Rs.35000 at Raja Skoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
BTW, will there be any tax changes in the budget for automobile sector? Should I wait till April to buy?

Any predictions.
Taxes only go up. Even if there is any relief it would be unlikely for this price bracket.

Last edited by novice : 8th January 2022 at 06:19.
Old 8th January 2022, 08:31   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Taxes only go up. Even if there is any relief it would be unlikely for this price bracket.
Last year I could see some discussions around one nation one road tax, but not sure if there is any further progress there. I'm pretty sure there would have been a strong push back from Karnataka government . One thing that really pisses me is that inspite of paying such a huge amount of road tax in Bangalore, most of the time, I'm trying to find even a small patch of what you can call good road .

Quote:
I paid Rs.35000 at Raja Skoda

This is not official I'm assuming or has Skoda started taking bookings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
I'm in the same mind space buddy. After the great disappointment that was the Tiguan, seeing the sneak peeks on the Kodiaq, am going ahead and booking one as well.
I agree. For Tiguan, it felt that it was just a tick box for VW. They did not really focus on features that Indian market would need and thats where you feel all more cheated. I mean, who would give just heated seats and not ventilated seats in India.

More videos getting posted online:

Last edited by manson : 8th January 2022 at 14:07.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 10:19   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
XUV700 Petrol AT will be incredible value. Since you have time on your side, you don't need to worry about waiting times for this vehicle. Kodiaq is an excellent choice but it looks most likely to top 50 lakhs on-road. The Fortuner already does! And the Fortuner is a roughly finished vehicle, without the type of sophistication in materials, equipment, fit and finish or ride quality you will see in the others.

If I am not mistaken, Jeep Meridian will come only in a Diesel Guise. XC40 and Q3 will involve significant space compromises.
Basis my experience people often overshoot their budget by 5-10 lac shopping in premium segment. OTR 50 would certainly be a deal breaker for Skoda as car looks more like an MPV then SUV. Though perceived sales target 100 per month means Skoda might go for that insane pricing.
On other note Gloster is expected to come up with an updated model. If the price remains in current range that might be an excellent value proposition, which might redirect window-shoppers looking for Luxury from Kodiaq to Gloster.

Last edited by Passiautonate : 8th January 2022 at 10:21.
Old 8th January 2022, 10:33   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
This is not official I'm assuming or has Skoda started taking bookings?
I received a confirmation call from Skoda after I made the booking.
Old 8th January 2022, 10:34   #82
BHPian

Hey guys. Need advice.

I am in the market for a luxury SUV.

I have already booked a Kodiaq L & K.

Just yesterday a dealer ( friend) called me and is offering me a 2019 GLE 300d ( new shape ) for about 55 lacs.

The car has run 41000 odd kms and is still under warranty.

I am really tempted but confused also.

Used GLE VS NEW KODIAQ.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
drjaygoyal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 11:44   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Just yesterday a dealer ( friend) called me and is offering me a 2019 GLE 300d ( new shape ) for about 55 lacs.
Used GLE VS NEW KODIAQ.
If there is some wiggle room for negotiations, and your budget permits, hands down GLE 300d, no two doubts about that. But 41K is decent mileage on a 2019 car. Shows that the car is used and used well. You might need to consider immediate change in tyres, brake pads, discs, etc. I have no idea how is the maintenance for the air suspension. So take that into account that you'll probably end up spending around 2-3 lakh extra which will make the car usable for another 50K kms easily. I think it is a calculated risk.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 12:23   #84
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
One thing that really pisses me is that inspite of paying such a huge amount of road tax in Bangalore, most of the time, I'm trying to find even a small patch of what you can call good road .
In all fairness, they call it "Road Tax" and they are doing an excellent job of keeping roads taxing.
One is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 12:31   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
You might need to consider immediate change in tyres, brake pads, discs, etc. I have no idea how is the maintenance for the air suspension.
GLE 300d doesn't get air-suspension. In fact, it also doesn't get memory function for the driver seat, ventilated front seats, 360 degree camera and a high-end music system. All these, and some more, are available in the Kodiaq facelift!
romil.shroff is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 12:37   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Used GLE VS NEW KODIAQ.
Think of the Skoda Kodiaq as a cheaper Audi Q7 and see the value proposition it provides !! Unless you really value the premium badge, I would recommend going with the Kodiaq.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 8th January 2022 at 12:39.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 13:05   #87
BHPian

The Kodiaq is a lovely SUV. I just hate the fact that Skoda is not giving Driver Assistance (ADAS) in the India spec car.
Also saw a review by Carwow in which they say DCC is over rated and not worth the extra bucks.
I also think DCC will be available only on the L&K trim.
Old 8th January 2022, 13:56   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys. Need advice.

Used GLE VS NEW KODIAQ.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
If you could negotiate extended warranty into the price, go for the GLE -

1. Powerful Diesel
2. Best in industry centre console and digital cockpit
3. Connected features
4. Awesome road presence
5. It’s a Mercedes!!!
pk1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 17:04   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Skoda is really going all out with the Kodiaq. Looking forward to driving it with that superb 2.0 TSI DSG and adaptive suspension. The Kodiaq was always one of my favourite SUVs and with this kind of hardware, it is a realistic alternative to luxury SUVs from the big 3 Germans. Just don't go overboard with the pricing, Skoda. You overpriced the Octavia L&K and the Kushaq 1.5. As a result, the performance of both cars in the market has been ordinary.

Price it RIGHT, instead of pricing it too high and then announcing discounts.

Sure wish they had the 2.0 Diesel as an option.

Quote:

Any which day, the GLE300d. A far superior car built to way higher quality standards than the Kodiaq. I'd buy the Mercedes. Plus, I am willing to put good money on the fact that the Mercedes will be as reliable (if not more) as the Kodiaq to 150,000 km. Expect niggles & issues with both cars as neither brand is comparable to Toyota (or even BMW).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Think of the Skoda Kodiaq as a cheaper Audi Q7 and see the value proposition it provides !!
No way, man! While the Kodiaq does punch above its weight, it has nowhere near the sheer quality, build, finesse, NVH, suspension maturity and luxury of a Q7.

Last edited by GTO : 8th January 2022 at 17:25.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 17:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just don't go overboard with the pricing, Skoda. You overpriced the Octavia L&K and the Kushaq 1.5. As a result, the performance of both cars in the market has been ordinary.

Price it RIGHT, instead of pricing it too high and then announcing discounts.
Exactly. I totally disagree with the notion of skoda being 'Ok selling less'. They have good products that are capable of selling more and should stop over pricing and killing it. Already people are talking about waiting for discounts. Don't do that, Skoda!!

They could have sold more units of Octavia and Kushaq every month if they had priced it better. This was the comment from a friend who is a senior executive at one of their major dealerships
motorhead5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed