Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 18:03   #166
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Just a thought! Imagine XUV7OO and Kodiaq in a neutral market. Is Skoda premium enough to command double the price??
Not to say previous offering from Skoda, Kushaq wasn't a finished product either and has his share of niggles. Mahindra also has to improve both quality and perception but it has done great job lately. In years to come hopefully brand will be at par with Skodas of this World.
Passiautonate is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:20   #167
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Just a thought! Imagine XUV7OO and Kodiaq in a neutral market. Is Skoda premium enough to command double the price??
Not to say anything bad about the XUV700, its definitely a great offering in its own right. But the Kodiaq is miles ahead in terms of finesse, quality and drivability. Top gear counts the Land Rover discovery sport and Mercedes GLB as its rivals. On the Skoda brand, its pointless to compare the brand value alone. If one were to do that then the geographical value proposition does come into play. I ask, what stopped the Mahindras and Tatas from offering world class products. They have been around for a really long time.

Now, is the Kodiaq worth the cost, definitely not. Neither is the Superb nor Octavia worth their cost positioning. But that's a question not dictated by Skoda's brand positioning alone. A sizable chunk of it goes in tax. If we take the GST and CESS away, the Kodiaq costs ~25L which is in league with the rest of the market where its sold. We simply cannot pin the blame on Skoda or for that matter any manufacturer alone for the obnoxious pricing. Of course for the same price we pay for a Kodiaq here, one will be able to buy a Q7 in US and still save cash. Similarly for the price one pays for XUV700, one will be able to buy a Mustang GT in the US. That doesn't mean they command the same brand value :-)

Last edited by SR-71 : 10th January 2022 at 18:30.
SR-71 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:28   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post

Kodiaq is the least powerful of the four but it is nicely equipped with unique features like DCC.

190 vs 205 vs 215 hp
320 nm vs 500nm vs 480 nm
I wouldn’t be surprised if Kodiaq is still the fastest. Atleast from claimed numbers Kodiaq is faster. I am more confident that in real life below Big 3, only Tiguan will be the faster SUV than Kodiaq.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:47   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Not to say previous offering from Skoda, Kushaq wasn't a finished product either and has his share of niggles. Mahindra also has to improve both quality and perception but it has done great job lately. In years to come hopefully brand will be at par with Skodas of this World.
This is an interesting thought, I am going through same dilemma. I have already booked XUV700on a safer side but Kodiaq Sportsline is making my heart skip.

XUV700 has indeed given a proposition at a cheaper cost compared to market. However, we all know it will never be able to feel like a luxurious car.

My mind says XUV and save 15 lakhs and my heart says Sportsline for next 5 years and ride with pride.

Super Confused
sam_10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:47   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if Kodiaq is still the fastest. Atleast from claimed numbers Kodiaq is faster. I am more confident that in real life below Big 3, only Tiguan will be the faster SUV than Kodiaq.
Probably will be. Fortuner and Gloster will weigh quite a lot more.
Old 10th January 2022, 19:18   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_10 View Post
This is an interesting thought, I am going through same dilemma. I have already booked XUV700on a safer side but Kodiaq Sportsline is making my heart skip.

XUV700 has indeed given a proposition at a cheaper cost compared to market. However, we all know it will never be able to feel like a luxurious car.

My mind says XUV and save 15 lakhs and my heart says Sportsline for next 5 years and ride with pride.

Super Confused
If the XUV 700 is a diesel, I feel you should not feel confused. The fuel efficiency on the TSI 2.0 on the size of Kodiaq will be at max 7-8 kms pl. So you may save another 5 more lakhs on fuel bills over 5 years
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 19:39   #172
Senior - BHPian

Here's a quick look at how the Kodiaq facelift stacks up against some other premium SUVs on the price graph.

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-20220110_193804.jpg

Source : Autocar India
Venkatesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 19:57   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan85 View Post
I am actually one of them - I was waiting for the Kodiaq and causally checked the discounts on X1 in December. Ended up getting a Tech Edition for less than what the Kodiaq L&K costs.
That's a massive discount for X1 as ex showroom itself is 43L for X1 Tech Edition. Are we talking about ~6L of discount on X1 (Ex Showroom) ?

That said,not sure if Kodiaq and X1 are comparable when it comes to ride quality, space and features.
Old 10th January 2022, 20:01   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Here's a quick look at how the Kodiaq facelift stacks up against some other premium SUVs on the price graph.

Attachment 2257610

Source : Autocar India
You look at this and Citroen suddenly feels great value. A diesel with those price points against its competitors. It also shows Kodiaq is no longer as expensive as how it was made out to be when the pricing was not out.

Last edited by Hells Bells : 10th January 2022 at 20:03.
Hells Bells is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 20:15   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
You look at this and Citroen suddenly feels great value. A diesel with those price points against its competitors. It also shows Kodiaq is no longer as expensive as how it was made out to be when the pricing was not out.
Thing is, Citroen is a size smaller than the Kodiaq. Except the diesel part, I would prefer everything else of the Kodiaq. It is mainly against the Tiguan/Compass/Tucson territory. Citroen to be honest feels pricier than the other 3 in that segment.

Last edited by kartavya : 10th January 2022 at 20:17.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 20:19   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
That's a massive discount for X1 as ex showroom itself is 43L for X1 Tech Edition. Are we talking about ~6L of discount on X1 (Ex Showroom) ?

That said,not sure if Kodiaq and X1 are comparable when it comes to ride quality, space and features.
Yup - got 6L off on the final on road price. Yes thats true, features and ride quality on the Kodiaq would be much better but X1 was tighter to drive and felt more eager than the Tiguan so I assumed it would be more fun than the Kodiaq as well. Honestly it was the drive that sealed it for me.
Plus I never really needed the 7 seats and space this will be 100% self drive car with max 3 people on board.

Personally the only thing I would miss are the ventilated seats which would have been massively useful in the Gurgaon summers.
Old 10th January 2022, 20:49   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

I was checking Raja Skoda website and Superb L&K at 34.99 Ex-Showroom costs 44.25 lacs on road, so that is the ball park figure we will get Kodiaq style variant for in Bangalore, so I am guessing SportsLine should be approximately 45.50 and L&K around 47.50 in Bangalore.

Probably the most expensive in India with Joke of roads to drive on, well the comfort drive mode should probably help.
Old 10th January 2022, 21:03   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_10 View Post

Super Confused
Depends upon individual choice but for me 3 things are important-
1. Ample power to overtake without straining the engine
2. Comfort specially on bad roads
3. Space of a full size SUV (or close to it)

Feeling of Luxury, I am not sure as a daily driver I will notice it beyond initial few days.
Planning to take back to back test drive of Gloster, XUV7OO and Kodiaq and see which connects with me. Hoping XUV it is as it will save me a lot of money, Though not in mood of major compromises so will get the best for me.
Old 10th January 2022, 21:20   #179
BHPian

Wow this is great pricing! I can’t think of any other recent launch with such a small price increment across three variants.

Last edited by Iyencar : 10th January 2022 at 21:30. Reason: Brainfart. Wrote models instead of variantd
Old 10th January 2022, 21:22   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
If the XUV 700 is a diesel, I feel you should not feel confused. The fuel efficiency on the TSI 2.0 on the size of Kodiaq will be at max 7-8 kms pl. So you may save another 5 more lakhs on fuel bills over 5 years
hahaha its Petrol AT man. So it will be same....
I will eventually try to test drive both together and see it Kodaiq is worth paying 15lakhs more or not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed