Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 22:19   #241
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Driving it this week.
Please let us know how much of a difference there is as far as ride quality goes when it comes to driving in normal and comfort mode. I am sure there will be significant difference between comfort and sport mode. But I would really like to know the difference between normal and comfort mode. I checked with the local dealer here ar Aurangabad, Maharashtra and they dont have the car yet.
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 23:06   #242
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Looks like they have planned only 100-200 or so units so far. Hopefully supply will increase after the plant opens after year end break!

And I would think that the rush will also come down after the initial backlog of bookings (folks who have been waiting for kodiaq for 1-2 years) are completed

Hope to see Skoda price all their products competitively and get the volume that they deserve in India
Old 11th January 2022, 23:24   #243
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Think of the Skoda Kodiaq as a cheaper Audi Q7 and see the value proposition it provides !! Unless you really value the premium badge, I would recommend going with the Kodiaq.
I already own an X3 and love it. So yeah i know how it feels to own a premium car ( and the costs associated with it )

Over all has been a pleasurable experience but.

I absolutely agree that Kodiaq is a cheaper Q7.

The car is fabulous.

Only question was is it worth the 40-50 price it demands or considering a pre-owned premium is worth it.

But i am leaning towards the Kodiaq now.
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 23:47   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Booked the Kodiaq L & K.

I am confused between Lava Blue and Black.

I have always heard black cars are high maintenance and do not age gracefully as other lighter shades.

Anyone with experience in owning a black car please guide me.
Black cars do get dirty easily.

Same dilemma. The Lava Blue does not look metallic enough. Yet the chrome highlights and beige seats add some attraction. But the tail lights kind of stand out. The Graphite Grey - chrome subtly blends and the tail lights add a colourful contrast. The Lava Blue feels young and zesty while the Graphite Grey feels old school classy. How I wish they had a Silver.

My better half's take - if you cross a red light, the chances of the cops catching you in a Lava Blue are higher than the Graphite Grey.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th January 2022 at 17:39. Reason: Typos
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th January 2022, 08:05   #245
BHPian

What baffles me most is the use of an 8 inch infotainment screen on a car as massive as this. Add to that most cheaper SUVs have a 10 inch screen on board. Why didn’t they make a move with this updated model?
automowheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 11:27   #246
BHPian

Skoda has increased the price by 4% within few days of their launch . They are honouring the old price only for the bookings done till 11th Jan. According to them they have achieved their target within 24 hours of the launch .

I got carried away by few posts where some posted that Skoda dealer would start offering discounts after few months . But the reality is opposite . Not that 4% makes a big difference but for those who were tempted to go for L&K despite the budget constraint , will have to rehtink now.

Last edited by i_nv : 12th January 2022 at 11:28.
Old 12th January 2022, 11:48   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
What baffles me most is the use of an 8 inch infotainment screen on a car as massive as this. Add to that most cheaper SUVs have a 10 inch screen on board. Why didn’t they make a move with this updated model?
Ten inch screen, massage seats additional features will probably come later like they did for the Superb. Thank god they did not remove the physical controls for the AC. The Octavia does not have those and it is quite a distraction when you operate them while driving. But to be honest, the value proposition offered here (as compared to its miserably ill-equipped sibling) is decent VFM. The new gearbox should hopefully be better (I believe it does duty on the Superb also).
Old 12th January 2022, 11:52   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post

I am confused between Lava Blue and Black.
Perspective from a Lava Blue Superb owner who wanted a Black (with the dark interiors), but went with daughter's choice of Lava Blue.

The Lava Blue is a head turner, with people still raving about the colour even after 1 year of ownership.
Scorpio80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 12:11   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Perspective from a Lava Blue Superb owner who wanted a Black (with the dark interiors), but went with daughter's choice of Lava Blue.

The Lava Blue is a head turner, with people still raving about the colour even after 1 year of ownership.
Yes, its an excellent color and will attract lot of attention. For the very same reason my wife wants to consider the grey.

8" screen is smaller compared to competition but most of what you need will be on the cockpit. Love the physical controls for AC.

Any updates on deliveries? The dealer is mum and not responding to dates. I did get confirmation from Skoda yesterday on my booking so hoping to get it in the first lot.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 12:30   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
Ten inch screen, massage seats additional features will probably come later like they did for the Superb. Thank god they did not remove the physical controls for the AC. The Octavia does not have those and it is quite a distraction when you operate them while driving. But to be honest, the value proposition offered here (as compared to its miserably ill-equipped sibling) is decent VFM. The new gearbox should hopefully be better (I believe it does duty on the Superb also).
Physical controls are definitely a big win. I think OEMs fail to understand that introducing touch controls for commonly used features such as AC and infotainment volume is not only bad ergonomics, but also a distraction while driving and therefore a safety hazard. I hope OEMs understand that not everything needs to be modernised for the sake of doing so.
Old 12th January 2022, 12:43   #251
BHPian

My dealer is claiming that only 1000 CKD units are available and as of yesterday - they have all been booked.

For the next lot, Skoda has increased the price of all models by 4% and is promising delivery only in March.

So much for a well-priced product. This strategy of lower introductory pricing is evil genius where a car maker is able to get the best of both worlds - VFM hype from the media, and subsequently moolah from the customer.

Someone in the family was considering to order one, but now they are more strongly considering the Superb since it is significantly cheaper (to the tune of 5 lakhs including discount) and is available as ready stock.
prakhar1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 12:50   #252
BHPian

Most likely will book one today. Probably going with the L&K model (mainly due to TPMS, Hill Descent Control and DCC). Thinking between the Graphite grey and the Lava Blue.

People who have been talking to dealers, is there any loyalty bonus or even an exchange bonus? We own a 2005 Octavia (lovely car !). Also, are they allowing insurance to be bought from outside or is that being met with resistance?
Old 12th January 2022, 13:16   #253
BHPian

Skoda should have offered colour options across the variants. I personally love the Race Blue Metallic colour and if I was in the market to buy this car, I would have loved to own the car in that colour in L&K variant (fully loaded with features) and with the black interiors of Sportline variant. I was considering the mighty Fortuner (in the absence of an able 7 seater SUV) to be an appropriate upgrade for my Brezza in the near future (once the pandemic subsides), but would certainly give Kodiak and Meridian (when it comes) a look before deciding.
Old 12th January 2022, 13:23   #254
BHPian

So much for all the awesome praises shared on the pricing... There is a price hike happening in the ballpark of 4%. Damn! Of course it was evident that the hike will happen, I was just assuming it will happen a quarter or 2 later, not a day later! Leave it to Skoda to find ways to kill exciting launches. Might as well wait now until the initial euphoria settles and the discounts kick in.

Last edited by SR-71 : 12th January 2022 at 13:25.
Old 12th January 2022, 13:53   #255
BHPian

What is the source of this price hike news?.
If it's true, it certainly is a cheap move by Skoda in my view. At least for the sake of the brand, I hope its not real
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks