Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2022, 14:06   #346
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Sorry for going off-topic here..

Big burly SUVs aren't my thing but I get tempted wherever I see an Endeavour on the road. It does look good. But the thought of lugging around a 2.5 ton behemoth on crowded city roads scares me. I would like to know your take on driving the Endeavour vs a typical German sedan on normal roads (City and Highways)? I understand the driving experience wouldn't be the same but like to know how bad it can be compared to a Sedan.
Its very easy to drive in the city due to eps and lighter steering at low speeds. In fact I enjoy more in the city because of the mere presence 3 wheeler , bikers & cabbies don't mess with me . If I am in my 530d or E280 cdi the case is vice versa where I am worried even of the pedestrians .
Endeavours steering is one of most precise in its respective segment and weighs perfectly even at highway speeds .
LEOMAN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 14:24   #347
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Well, I don't see any update on customers taking delivery on social platforms. Usually there will be photo's on the dealership FB or similar pages. Pune dealers still don't have TD cars, forget delivery.
Same with dealers I spoke to. No one is aware of any customer deliveries happening and rattled at the information we throw at them. Not sure if Zac is helping or hurting thru these messages- creates so much noise in the system and angst to customers.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 15:54   #348
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
I just remembered that the old Tiguan AllSpace had very similar specs (weight, engine, 4-motion etc.) and going through the old threads folks here were getting 8.5 - 10kmpl which is not too bad. There were a few cases where using premium fuel and eco mode gave 11.5+ kmpl consistently. So, all is not terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Would be very surprised if the Kodiaq’s mileage is actually that much worse than the Tiguan’s. My Tiguan Allspace has given an average mileage of about 7.6 kmpl over 9000 km and it is mainly used for very short runs to some of the most crowded parts of Bombay. We have seen things like 5 - but only on runs where the car is mainly stationary with the AC on.

Of course, it is important to keep the luggage compartment cover closed, if you leave it open, you are cooling a much larger volume than needed.
Yes I agree, I drive an Tiguan Allspace and it gives 7.5-8.5 in city traffic and all the way up to 13-14 on highways. Maybe ACT plays a part here but it's good enough for it's size.

P.S. I regularly use XP95 - 99% of the times.
Old 17th January 2022, 16:52   #349
BHPian

Does the new Kodiaq have ACT?
Old 17th January 2022, 17:18   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
Yes I agree, I drive an Tiguan Allspace and it gives 7.5-8.5 in city traffic and all the way up to 13-14 on highways. Maybe ACT plays a part here but it's good enough for it's size.
To the best of my knowledge, the 2.0 TSI in the Allspace does not have ACT. And the engine - gearbox in the Kodiaq is the same as that in the Tiguan Allspace and the New Tiguan. So don’t think that should make a difference. Could be tuned differently of course.
Old 17th January 2022, 17:43   #351
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Does the new Kodiaq have ACT?
I don't think so, none cars from Skoda's stable have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
To the best of my knowledge, the 2.0 TSI in the Allspace does not have ACT. And the engine - gearbox in the Kodiaq is the same as that in the Tiguan Allspace and the New Tiguan. So don’t think that should make a difference. Could be tuned differently of course.
If I am not wrong both the CBU brothers had ACT i.e. T-roc and Tiguan Allspace. Also the new 5 seater tiguan has it till I know.

Also the engine - gearbox is same in octavia, superb, kodiaq, tiguan, t-roc right? Different tuning car wise is absolutely possible!
Old 17th January 2022, 18:09   #352
BHPian

Joining the Kodiaq vs Hilux discussion as a C5 Aircross owner ... my personal observations and experience:
  • I did consider (seriously) and test-drove the V-Cross. It has the muscle, it has the looks, it has the power, it has the automatic, but will it be practical? This was a big question. The Hilux would definitely be notches above the V-Cross, but it will probably be like an elder sibling with better interiors and engine. The comfort levels can be improved by suspension changes, but again... will that be a practical vehicle for daily use and in city? Once the initial enthusiasm dies down, will one be happy and content with the average ride quality on long drives? For me, V-Cross didn't make the cut due to the same reasons.
  • Next, there is always a nice upgraded option available in the 5-6 lakh range, from Compass, to C5, to Kodiaq, XC40, Hilux and the Germans. Life will always be confusing with something pricier round the corner. You should drive each one, get a taste and then decide what you'd like to live with for the next few years. With so many combinations (petrol, diesel, gearbox, features), there is no clear winner or no "one size fits all" kind of solution.
Lastly, although the face lift of C5 Aircross is launched internationally, there is no word on whether/when it will arrive in India, so it is unfair to call the current model in India as outgoing model (yes I'm offended since my car is less than 2 months old )
streetfighter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 18:17   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
If I am not wrong both the CBU brothers had ACT i.e. T-roc and Tiguan Allspace. Also the new 5 seater tiguan has it till I know.

Also the engine - gearbox is same in octavia, superb, kodiaq, tiguan, t-roc right?
The T Roc had the 1.5 TSI with the DQ200 gearbox, which is also there in the Kushaq and the Taigun. This engine has ACT. The 2 l TSI does not. The Superb and the Octavia also have a FWD gearbox, while the Tiguan, Allspace and Kodiaq have an AWD gearbox - these are 7 speed DCTs but not the DQ200.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 18:26   #354
BHPian

In this video review of Tiguan, at 19:45, he does confirms that it has the ACT. There are other youtube reviews who have also confirmed it.

Last edited by Jangra : 17th January 2022 at 18:31.
Jangra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 22:21   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
Yes, also I have been advised by the SA that if we book now, there is 6 months waiting!
6 months waiting! Is this true?

Sometimes I feel the chip shortage saga is played willingly by manufacturers to get rid of discount discussions which had plagued the industry. I think Merc has taken a right step with controlled pricing by centralisation the price ! Why should price be dependent on bargaining power of the customer for such a big ticket item.
Old 17th January 2022, 22:35   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
In this video review of Tiguan, at 19:45, he does confirms that it has the ACT. There are other Youtube reviews who have also confirmed it.
Saw the video but all he was trying to do was to find the ACT activation details on the menu. From what I know, only TSi EVO engines get ACT and there is a 2.0 TSi EVO engine but without ACT. Only 1.5 TSi gets an ACT.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...and-emissions/

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 17th January 2022 at 22:37. Reason: corrected the information
Old 17th January 2022, 23:31   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Saw the video but all he was trying to do was to find the ACT activation details on the menu. From what I know, only TSi EVO engines get ACT and there is a 2.0 TSi EVO engine but without ACT. Only 1.5 TSi gets an ACT.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...and-emissions/
I believe you are right. Even I did a search and nowhere could I validate that information. I think if it had the ACT, VW & Skoda would have advertised it like they did for 1.5 TSI. Even the Brochure did not have a mention of this. So as of now, it is fair to assume that 2 liter TSI does not have the ACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
6 months waiting! Is this true?
Even I heard today around 4-6months of wait. For the car that Skoda had planned to sell 200 units a month, with 1000 units already booked (not sold), its the speculation. Later depends on your luck on how many of the 1000 cancels their booking is when one could get the unit from the first lot.
Old 18th January 2022, 00:01   #358
Senior - BHPian

There is no ACT on this engine.

I was searching and I could find very little information on this, Skoda now gives “poor weather lighting” as per the attached tweet screenshot.
Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-aa036f0b6cc74ab99edfce582d155519.jpeg

The next two images show how the lights in lower enclosure enhance the main or full beam during poor weather conditions, such as fog or rain, I think you activate this by pulling the light switch out twice, and there is an icon on the headlight switch that shows the poor weather light option, just like in latest Audi A4.
Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-5fafe27ce6c64fb385f607f1ec247c8e.jpeg
(Screenshot taken from Namastecar’s youtube walkaround video of the facelifted Kodiaq)
But couldn’t find much technical info for example in manuals, etc, on how this actually works in real life. Its something quite similar to the Tiguan’s IQLight technology.
Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-c0ec06157e994ae49402dd65dee98b1d.jpeg
Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-cee32a40ced44be49affa55b594d6eed.jpeg
Old 18th January 2022, 10:32   #359
Senior - BHPian

Isn’t the drive report supposed to be out today? Did not see it anywhere.
Old 18th January 2022, 10:51   #360
BHPian

Saw the new Kodiaq in the flesh for the first time yesterday in BKC.

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-pxl_20220117_060543485.jpg

It' a handsome car with really good presence. With this pricing, it does seem like good value (if you're ok with a Petrol that is).
This was the L&K variant and even the interiors looked top class!

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 18th January 2022 at 11:21. Reason: Link to review
Shreyas_H is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed