Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 11:59   #211
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

All in all, would say this is a competitive and SLVFM (Semi Luxury Value for Money) offering from Skoda.
Being from NCR and planning to keep a car for longer term, I am more inclined towards a Petrol AWD vehicle. Was disappointed a bit by the Tiguan launch price/ feature-set, though everything else about the Tiguan is right into the slot for me (5-seater Fast Petrol AWD with large boot and back-seat space)

Seeing this Kodiaq with a much better audio system, hopefully more comfortable suspension, some extra features - with a little price difference - is making me think again.
Also, I think the NCR folks interested in the Fortuner should definitely give the Kodiaq a try as well.
Exhuberance is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:00   #212
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
For a budget of 42L OTR, I am left confused between the following options -
1. Skoda Kodiaq Sportline
2. Audi A4
3. BMW X1 20i xLine (Thanks to @karan85 for mentioning that he got this massive discount on X1, makes it viable for me now)
4. Tiguan

Sorry if I am posting this at the wrong place, but I am personally okay with both a SUV and sedan. The 2L VW group TFSI/TSI engine is fabulous and hence the major reason I have shortlisted the three from the same group.
The Audi A4/BMW X1 tag means huge, so to take a Skoda/VW over the German giant will need a strong conviction from my end.
Just my 2 cents on this dilemma. Between Skoda Kodiaq Sports line and Tiguan it will be Kodiaq which will be a better bet. In terms of looks, equipment's and space Skoda will win hands down. So Tiguan is off the list. Low hanging fruit.
If you want to board the SUV bandwagon and need a 4*4, then A4 and X1 is off your list. Kodiaq is the only one which will help from your list
If you are fine with a SUV without 4*4, then X1 will be the car to go. It has some kind of financing scheme and discounts plus the logo value certainly is way above Skoda. Having said, once you test drive all the cars, you may actually love a car which your heart picks. If possible schedule the test drive of all the cars on the same day so that you can really decide based on performance. Sedan vs SUV is a choice you need to make as both are not comparable. Its not fair to compare both as both have their own advantages and disadvantages. A4 is great car to drive. You could add in Superb also in the list and then add more to your confusion.

Last edited by Lalitha Venkat : 11th January 2022 at 12:16. Reason: Typed Octavia instead of Superb
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:05   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Given the comparison with XUV I see on this page, I couldn't help notice how underwhelmed the Overdrive fellow must have been doing this walkaround review.
I am shocked at the quality of the video. I know it was shot on a mobile but he could have at least tried to compensate for the harsh sun light (most mobile cameras have some settings).

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-screenshot-20220111-12.00.57-pm.png
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:10   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Couple of observations...
  • The Superb becomes pointless at its current price point. One can buy the Kodiaq Sportline for the same amount of money L&K costs on paper. The Tiguan becomes the alternative choice for the Superb Sportline. Unless there are mouth watering discounts, the Superb will become a thing of the past, such a lovely car!
I don’t think Superb owners would be cross shopping with the Tiguan or even the Kodiaq for that matter. It’s a very different set of target buyers. Those who want a premium sedan or an excellent rear seat experience, and quite a few do will still be going towards the Superb and not the SUV siblings.
armaan_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:13   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhuberance View Post
All in all, would say this is a competitive and SLVFM (Semi Luxury Value for Money) offering from Skoda.
Being from NCR and planning to keep a car for longer term, I am more inclined towards a Petrol AWD vehicle. Was disappointed a bit by the Tiguan launch price/ feature-set, though everything else about the Tiguan is right into the slot for me (5-seater Fast Petrol AWD with large boot and back-seat space)

Seeing this Kodiaq with a much better audio system, hopefully more comfortable suspension, some extra features - with a little price difference - is making me think again.
Also, I think the NCR folks interested in the Fortuner should definitely give the Kodiaq a try as well.
You have smashed my ego by calling Kodiaq SLVFM. Still have to work hard in my profession
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:15   #216
BHPian

Could any existing Kodiaq owners and fellow bhpians planning test drive comment on reclining second row ? How far does it recline ? Does it recline more than 45 degrees? The reviews mention that it has only 2 recline positions and first one is too upright. It means only one reclined position effectively.
Old 11th January 2022, 12:18   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Kodiaq certainly makes a case for itself in this group of big, burly body-on-frame SUVs. The Kodiaq will be the fastest, the best handler, the most "car like" to drive and fun. They've also equipped it really well. I always considered the Kodiaq as a crossover that punches above its weight and with the adaptive suspension, it is now a real alternative to the luxury Germans (similar to how the Superb is vs an A4 or C-Class).
Yes, now Kodiaq in its current facelift guise, more than ever seems like a credible alternative to the German Trinity. OT- Superb doesn't make much sense now IMO, save for its better back seat.

@GTO- Would you still have got the Superb, if the current Kodaiq facelift was available in the market during the time you were car hunting?
AMG1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:27   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Could any existing Kodiaq owners and fellow bhpians planning test drive comment on reclining second row ? How far does it recline ? Does it recline more than 45 degrees? The reviews mention that it has only 2 recline positions and first one is too upright. It means only one reclined position effectively.
I checked out the new Kodiaq last week and found both the recline positions to be comfortable for me and the leg space to be adequate (my height is > 6 ft)

I don't think the seat reclined more than 45 degrees but was close.
sidpak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:49   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Hasn’t VAG given up on diesel completely and switched over to electric after the scandal.

They DO NOT sell diesels anymore. Period.

We are discussing something that won’t happen.

Rather lets compare this car to it’s petrol rivals and then decide it’s VFM
It’s not the diesel scandal, but BS6 upgrade that has stopped VAG diesels in India. It is still available in many other parts of the world.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:56   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I am shocked at the quality of the video.
Turn off HDR in your youtube settings. You must be viewing it on a non-HDR Screen.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:00   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Agreed but what are the tuning options for an enthusiast down the line from this 2.0 TSI ? What sort of figures one can extract from a tune/ remap?
I read from another thread that the 2.0tsi found in the Octavia, Superb, Tiguan and Kodiaq are the EA888.3B and these have a rather High Compression ratio and a Miller Type Cycle meaning it's far more difficult extracting more power out of it.
The max a person can extract would be around 25-30 horsepower from a Stage 1 OEM tune. Anything beyond that can certainly put the engine's longevity, drivability and reliability at risk. A lot of people assumed that this is a detuned version of the 2.0 found in the GTI/VRS which can give you almost 60 horsepower from a Stage 1 tune but unfortunately that isn't the case.
I hope this helps clarify.
GaryTSI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:02   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post
I checked out the new Kodiaq last week and found both the recline positions to be comfortable for me and the leg space to be adequate (my height is > 6 ft)
Thanks, that helps. Good to know from fellow bhpian, the reviewer was very keen on unusable first position.
Old 11th January 2022, 13:21   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Agreed but what are the tuning options for an enthusiast down the line from this 2.0 TSI ? What sort of figures one can extract from a tune/ remap?
I did a quick Youtube search for skoda kodiaq 2.0 TSI remap and videos similar to this show up:

I have zero knowledge about tuning but am aware that the reliability is never the same once remapped/tuned, but it seems to be a fairly big bump in power for a 'basic' tune.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 14:23   #224
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
It’s not the diesel scandal, but BS6 upgrade that has stopped VAG diesels in India. It is still available in many other parts of the world.
Yes I stand corrected. They do sell the Kodiaq with a 200 PS / 400 Nm TDI engine in UK.

Sorry for the wrong information.
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 14:31   #225
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post

For top AUTO models:on road Lucknow
Kodiaq Petrol only : 43.6
Gloster: 45
Fortuner:45.35
Legender: 50.18
Except for the unavailability of diesel powertrain and lack of road presence the Kodiaq is a far superior product compared to the other two. Honestly, we tend to compare the Kodiaq with the wrong cars as in the Fortuner and Gloster. The better way to see a Kodiaq is as a discounted Audi Q5 with extra two seats.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks