Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2021, 20:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Skoda is gearing up to launch the Kodiaq facelift in the Indian market early next month. The SUV will be offered in three variants - Style, Sportline and L&K and prices are expected to start at Rs. 36.50 lakh (ex-showroom) unless something changes at the final moment.

Name:  20210413052146_2021_Skoda_Kodiaq_front.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  104.9 KB

The base Style variant of the Kodiaq will be offered with 9 airbags as standard.

The Sportline trim is likely to get a gloss black grille, black ORVMs and window trim, black roof rails, spoiler and black alloy wheels. In the inside, it will get Sports seats and a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster. This variant is expected to cost Rs. 37.50 lakh (ex-showroom).

Name:  20210413052156_2021_Skoda_Kodiaq_rear.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  104.4 KB

The top-spec L&K trim will come loaded with features, including ventilated front seats and a 360-degree camera. The highlight of this variant though will be the Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), which allows the driver to adjust the vehicle's driving characteristics. The driver can choose between three modes - Standard, Sport and Comfort.

The 2022 Skoda Kodiaq will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 188 BHP paired with a DQ-381 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox and an all-wheel drive system.

Name:  20210413052204_2021_Skoda_Kodiaq_interior.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  59.0 KB

We've also been told that Volkswagen will be increasing the price of the Tiguan from January 1, 2022. The SUV is expected to cost Rs. 33 lakh (ex-showroom).

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 18th January 2022 at 11:20. Reason: Link to review
TusharK is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 21:37   #2
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Well , In nov 2019, Style was 32.99 Lkh , Scout was 33.99Lkh, and L&k was 36.78 Lkh all Ex showroom.

So now in 22, If the base style goes for 36.5, Sportline goes for 37.5, then L&K may be near 40Lkh ex showroom. This will put L &K around 49-50 lkh OTR, which is very near / above Fortuner Legender top model.

Overall Skoda is planning to charge 3.5 lkh more for petrol engines than diesel engines.
hrishig is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 22:21   #3
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

I think Skoda has only one aim in pricing the Kodiaq - to make the Tiguan appear VFM. The high initial price coupled with high running cost with that turbo petrol limits the car's appeal.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 22:43   #4
BHPian

Great info! L&K should be around 40 lacs. This will not be volume game so Skoda will price it to get a fat margin. Overpricing has been the norm for sometime now in Indian market - just look at Mercedes pricing for past 5 years for the same car
pk1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 22:48   #5
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
I think Skoda has only one aim in pricing the Kodiaq - to make the Tiguan appear VFM. The high initial price coupled with high running cost with that turbo petrol limits the car's appeal.
It’s both larger than the Tiguan and also seats more people. The turbo petrol actually adds to the appeal, the engine is a delight and is very easy on the wallet in comparison to other cars in this range.

The kodiaq has finally got the power it deserves over the last model’s asthmatic 140bhp diesel.
Mtv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 01:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
It’s both larger than the Tiguan and also seats more people. The turbo petrol actually adds to the appeal, the engine is a delight and is very easy on the wallet in comparison to other cars in this range.

The kodiaq has finally got the power it deserves over the last model’s asthmatic 140bhp diesel.
Were you referring to other SUVs with turbo petrols when you said "easy on the wallet in comparison" or were you referring to all other SUVs in its segment, diesel or petrol? Because I don't think it will be easy on the wallet compared to the other cars in its range with diesel engine options. I honestly do not believe, even with cylinder deactivation, it will be as efficient in day to day usage as compared to turbo diesels in the segment.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 09:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Were you referring to other SUVs with turbo petrols when you said "easy on the wallet in comparison" or were you referring to all other SUVs in its segment, diesel or petrol? Because I don't think it will be easy on the wallet compared to the other cars in its range with diesel engine options. I honestly do not believe, even with cylinder deactivation, it will be as efficient in day to day usage as compared to turbo diesels in the segment.
I don't think 2.0 TSI has cylinder deactivation. It is available in 1.5 TSI. May be I am wrong.
Old 1st January 2022, 10:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post

I am myself an admirer of the 2.0 TSI. However the problem is that it is nearly impossible to drive that engine sanely. One will be tempted to floor the throttle and FE drops drastically. And at 50 lakhs, Kodiaq simply does not have the brand pull of an A4 or aFortuner or even a Superb.
DonHyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 12:03   #9
BHPian

I think it will play it in the hand of Citroen. Such increase in prices will play in favor of C5, now their high prices will seem justified all of a sudden!

and Honestly, in comfort factor, C5 will give others a tough competition
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 14:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
I think it will play it in the hand of Citroen. Such increase in prices will play in favor of C5, now their high prices will seem justified all of a sudden!

and Honestly, in comfort factor, C5 will give others a tough competition
Tiguan competes with the Citroen to be honest. Kodiaq is a size bigger than both these cars.
The price was expected as soon as Tiguan was launched. With the news that Tiguan might get a hike to 33L, I would anyday pick the Kodiaq over the Tiguan for the 3-5L premium. Personally feel that the Kodiaq is a much better product than the Tiguan and ofcourse a size bigger (and a 7 seater).
kartavya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 15:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
I would anyday pick the Kodiaq over the Tiguan for the 3-5L premium. Personally feel that the Kodiaq is a much better product than the Tiguan and ofcourse a size bigger (and a 7 seater).
I agree, at first glance the Kodiaq facelift may just look like VW/Audi trying to make the Tiguan seem like a VFM deal but that's not the case.

They are priced in the same ballpark and do share parts in typical VW fashion but they are targeting different two segments.

The new Kodiaq is now the primary rival of the Fortuner in the big 7 seater suv market (R.I.P Ford Endeavor 3.2) and the Tiguan competes with the Citroen C5 Aircross, Audi Q3, BMW X1 and Volvo XC40 in the premium 5 seat suv market.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 15:32   #12
BHPian

With each passing launch and price announcement, the choice in the 30 lacs range (OTR) seems to get more and more restricted.
Skoda Style variant could come close to 40 lacs OTR Bangalore. Jeep Compass (higher trims) and Tiguan would also be in the higher 30's. Fortuner seems to be well in its 40s. Have no hopes from the new Hundai Tucson as well in the pricing department.
Tata Safari and XUV7OO might be the 2 fully loaded SUVs which would be available close to 30 lacs OTR.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 15:46   #13
BHPian

Looks like a major increase in price. They seem to be following the same pricing strategy as Octavia and I am not able to understand it - they had talked about capturing market share earlier!!!. I was hoping to see minimal hike compared to 2019 especially since it's only petrol..
motorhead5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 16:12   #14
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
With each passing launch and price announcement, the choice in the 30 lacs range (OTR) seems to get more and more restricted.
Skoda Style variant could come close to 40 lacs OTR Bangalore. Jeep Compass (higher trims) and Tiguan would also be in the higher 30's. Fortuner seems to be well in its 40s. Have no hopes from the new Hundai Tucson as well in the pricing department.
Tata Safari and XUV7OO might be the 2 fully loaded SUVs which would be available close to 30 lacs OTR.
Yes, this is a problem in this segment. In most markets where both are present, the Tucson and Tiguan are direct competitors, at roughly the same price. I would expect that Tucson would also end up around this range in India. The only difference is that Hyundai may bring in more variants of the Tucson, and some of the lower end variants may be more affordable, in the 28-30L ex-showroom range.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 16:15   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
The only difference is that Hyundai may bring in more variants of the Tucson, and some of the lower end variants may be more affordable, in the 28-30L ex-showroom range.
(I know it's shopping across categories) but the Innova Crysta ZX AT at 30 lacs OTR in Bangalore seems to be value for money!
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks