Team-BHP - Skoda Superb or Accord V6.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Superb or Accord V6. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2464-skoda-superb-accord-v6.html)

D segment car buyers can rejoice cos this month 2 V6 cars are gonna be launched. The Skoda Superb and the Honda Accord V6. Both cars are good in their own way. The Superb has loads and loads of space at the back where the owner is actually gonna be. It also has a powerful V6 190 bhp engine that will lure prospective Mercedes buyers. In the looks department, the Superb looks 'superb' but looks like an overgrown Octavia. And that too from all angles : headlights, tail-lights, overall design. And that will be a kind of put-off for a person who is gonna pay 23 odd lakhs for a 10 lakh lookalike.

And the Accord has looks together with a powerful 3.0 litre 210 bhp motor. Add to that Honda's reliability and technology. And all this at just 17 lakhs. The extra cash u wud put in for the superb can be utilised for the new city.

So what do u guys say? What chances does the Superb have against the Accord V6? What wud u go for? Accord or Superb?

I wud anytime choose the Accord V6.

I would choose the Accord V6 too because the Superb looks too much like the Octavia from all angles and more importantly the Accord is more fun to drive than the superb. Of course, it also has the hi tech VTEC engine.

There are just too many things in favour of the Accord. Price and engine specifications are the most important.
Honda Accord for me too.

Skoda Superb...im still pro-german since the last time i checked. i love the way the superb is understated and of course it looks like an overgrown octavia. the accord is too flashy for me. should have gotten the european version..then maybe. but that fact that the superb is a vw underneath...is all i need to know.

V12,

I think that the question ought to be "Skoda Superb or Mercedes C200K"? Coz they are more identically priced...even though the Accord is closer in power and size.

For me, it has to be the Mercedes C200K! For starters its a rear wheel drive...is far better engineered and is packed with the kinda technology that Skoda can only dream about. It sports the three pointed badge which guarantees its instant recognition. The C CLass has just such an awesome chassis...and so many little things that come up in living with the car that you cant help but fall in love with it.

Plus I would rather have a 20 lakh car that looks a little like the S Class, than a 20 lakh car that looks identical to the Octavia. Look what happened to Ford coz of the visual similarities in the Ikon and the Mondeo.

GTO

And yes, I would pick the Accord V6 over the Superb

Two very good cars. The Skoda is built like a tank and smacks of quality at the same time. The only thing going against it are the looks which are too Octi. And nowadays Indian buyers are very choosey . They want something different from the other person. About the Accord .. simply amazing. great looks.. ( I dont like the rear end though) great engine lotsa power 210 bhp from that V6 motor and bullet proof reliability that comes with Honda and well you guessed it.. Its the Accord for me.

Cheers

the superb is a car of e-class proportions, s-class rear legroom and c-class price. nice interiors too. like most of us feel, it does resemble an overgrown octavia.....which would be a deterrent if i were to buy the car, but of course it will have its share of buyers anyway.
on the other hand, the new accord has loads of equipment too and really good interiors. moreover, i feel the honda v6 is far ahead of the superb's mill.both the cars will have its own set of ppl, but chalk me in for the honda. cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the superb is a car of e-class proportions, s-class rear legroom and c-class price. nice interiors too.

So is the Accord. The Honda is also of e-class proportions, nice interiors and a much lower than C Class price. Cant say the same about the rear legroom though it is not that far off either.

GTO

gto, i forgot abt the C200K. Even i wud anytime go for the C.

Accord for me. It always has been.

The Accord has pretty much everything you could expect from a car.

It's got the power, the technology, reliability, name and very recently Honda has started regaining it's lost glory in F1.

0-150 in 19 secs..........that makes it the quickest V6 in the Country and 2nd quickest overall after the SL500.

And how about that 100-0 braking in under 3 secs!!!!

Fuel Efficiency..... that's 13 kmpl on the highway...from a 221bhp V6.

I bet if you search for the meaning of "All-Rounder" in the Oxford Dict* you might find Honda Accord written next to it. *

Regards...
Shan2nu

Now if only they had launched the European version of the Accord here....it would have been the PERFECT car!

Rear of the EU Accord

Front

would take the Accord V6 for these reasons

1. Price: Cheaper than the Superb
2. Looks: much better than the Superb
3. Performance: didn't know much about it, but if it is like Shantanu said it is, I love it for that too

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Now if only they had launched the European version of the Accord here....it would have been the PERFECT car!

No doubt, the driver-oriented European version would have made purists a lot happier than the "soft" american version. Butttttttttttttttt no ways, the EU version would have sold as many units as the american version is enjoying right now.

Indians love flash. Honda conducted clinics with both the versions, and the american won hands down between the Indian sampling. The EU version does not look as flashy, big and luxurious (though I prefer the EU). Just look how the Sonata sold initially, on looks alone.

In addition, Honda badged the American version with oodles of chrome all around (only in India) and have smartly decided to sell only one luxury level across their engines/transmissions range.

GTO