Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 16:25   #16
BHPian

Re: MG does a u-turn on price protection for early Astor bookings

My experience has been slightly different. While taking test drives, I was told by nearly every brand dealer, that prices will apply based on the date of invoicing and there is always a chance of prices getting increased from the date of booking to the date of actual invoicing (2-3 days before delivery). With my Hector Plus, I had to pay an extra amount as well due to this.

However, if a company announces that they will give X price for first Y number of bookings (Astor, XUV 700 etc.), then they should honour it, come what may.
Old 14th January 2022, 18:20   #17
BHPian

Sadly this is the state of affairs since couple years in India due to higher demand. Also the loopholes in the OEM-Dealer model are showing up more and more now. Earlier the cars were easily available with the color choice so we never realized the dealer issues.

It is still sellers' market now and for foreseeable future so we can expect these kind of scenarios happening.

Moreover all OEMs are in the same state of affairs. So many stories or feedback in many portals show there are affected people everywhere across India.

The FADA (dealers federation) has time to comment on the OLA's direct to customer delivery but doesn't have time to fix their side messed up affairs. Honestly if they want people's trust then their federation should become more transparent and Customer friendly than dealer friendly otherwise more and more people may like direct to customer model.
darthvader001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 20:27   #18
BHPian

MG and M&M both offered price protection to 5K and 50K(25+25K) buyers respectively. M&M sent out email confirmations to all those who were part of the group of buyers who got price protection. MG should have done something similar, this would have avoided lot of confusion. MG could have been more transparent in the entire process.
Old 15th January 2022, 13:22   #19
BHPian

To everyone feeling aggrieved and complaining here, why not see a good lawyer about your options?
Old 17th January 2022, 11:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStRyder View Post
MG is really not being transparent. They are just passing the buck between the dealer and the OEM. Dealer is not ready to commit delivery even by Jan end and pulsehub customercare is clueless and does not call back.
This is the exact scenario with me where dealer is refusing to commit on the delivery timeline while pulsehub simply acknowledges receiving my complaint but does nothing to sort it out.

There is seems to be no transparency either on the dealer part or the OEM part. They are simply buying time.
Old 17th January 2022, 13:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVegabond View Post
There is seems to be no transparency either on the dealer part or the OEM part. They are simply buying time.
So shot a detailed mail to pulsehub yesterday night and got a callback in the morning. The representative was very clear that since my vehicle is in Batch 1, I do have the price protection. Confirmed twice on the call that I will have to pay the old price. He mentioned that the vehicle should have been delivered by now.

Then surprisingly he states that their system shows I have cancelled the booking where as online status still shows pending delivery. First he confirms that my booking is in 1st batch then says my booking status is cancelled

This absolutely does not inspire confidence in the company. On one hand dealers state that the allotment is controlled by the company while on the other hand company acts absolutely clueless. Complete mismanagement.

I have asked them to resolve by today EOD. Thinking of cancelling the booking
TheStRyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 14:32   #22
BHPian

Quick update: I wrote to MG as well directly, called them up as well. Tweeted as well on Twitter. I tweeted on the CCO's handle as well. No response.

Yes, as all of stated it's for the first 5000 cars, and I asked them to tell me / show me my booking.

What is ticking me off is:
1. There is no clear response from the company. It's like they are not bothered, guess as they have many bookings.
2. No ownership at all and they tell me the dealer can help you verify if you were in the first 5000 bookings, etc. Does the dealer have control over the price? I am like this is crazy.

In the end, I canceled my booking got an assurance from them that they will refund the money.

Will go for a used car right now as I need one and then will look at the new car later with Mahindra or Tata.

Stay safe all of you the Omicron variant is also causing havoc.

Regards

Last edited by navin : 18th January 2022 at 11:24. Reason: typos
Old 17th January 2022, 15:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStRyder View Post
So shot a detailed mail to pulsehub yesterday night and got a callback in the morning. The representative was very clear that since my vehicle is in Batch 1, I do have the price protection. Confirmed twice on the call that I will have to pay the old price. He mentioned that the vehicle should have been delivered by now.

Then surprisingly he states that their system shows I have cancelled the booking where as online status still shows pending delivery. First he confirms that my booking is in 1st batch then says my booking status is cancelled

This absolutely does not inspire confidence in the company. On one hand dealers state that the allotment is controlled by the company while on the other hand company acts absolutely clueless. Complete mismanagement.

I have asked them to resolve by today EOD. Thinking of cancelling the booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohintonw View Post
Quick update: I wrote to MG as well directly, called them up as well. Twitted as well on twitter. I twitted on the CCO's handle as well. No respons.

Yes, as all of stated its for the first 5000 cars, and I asked them to tell me / show me my booking.

What is ticking me off is:
1. There is no clear response from the company. Its like they are not bothered, guess as they have many bookings.
2. No ownership at all and they tell me the dealer can help you verify if you were in the first 5000 bookings, etc. The dealer has control over the price ? I am like this is crazy.
Just like as the 2 of you have mentioned, it is the lack of clarity and no sense of responsibility that is causing all the frustration.

I have been chasing the dealer and MG Pulsehub rigorously but to no avail. The sales guy does not pick the phone 80% of the time and when he does, its a casual response - "Sir I was busy..., gadi to aa hi nahi rahi..., billing to new rate se hi hogi". And the Pulsehub guys are 1 step ahead - "Sir the SLA for your 2 week old complaint is 48 hours and we will provide a resolution asap...,thanks for reaching out to MG Pulsehub".

I am like - when will you start that 48 hours countdown

Last edited by TheVegabond : 17th January 2022 at 15:13.
TheVegabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:04   #24
BHPian

If you'll are canceling the booking, MG will have no issues with it considering that there is a backlog and they will gladly pawn it off to the next buyer in line.
Rather deal with them as opposed to explaining to the early birds why they are not sticking to their commitment.
Unethical as hell - a resounding yes! - but if you really like the car (it is a looker for sure with great interiors and a nice turbo engine/GB combo), then do pick it up.
kedar_GT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 12:49   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Posting from Astor thread: my dealer in Bangalore said that I will get at old ex showroom price but the road tax will be on new price. Can someone confirm if this can be the case?

He also mentioned that only 3 of 20 or so cars that he got in January are from Batch 1 and so, getting price protection like me.
This is generally how the road tax rules in most states are framed. They do not want to have any loopholes that lead to loss of revenues. For example, the entry variant of the Astor was priced earlier at just below 10 lakhs. Now the new ex-showroom price puts it over 10 lakhs and this means road tax moves to the next slab in states like TN, going from 10% to 15% - thereby yielding an extra Rs. 50,000 to the state exchequer. There is no way the state is going to forgo this upside just because of some fancy pricing schemes from car makers.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 13:44   #26
BHPian

Thanks. Confirmed this from Thar thread as well.

But still happy that I at least got the ex showroom price as old.
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 14:22   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Might be slightly OT

I wanted to share the so called price protection by Tata.

My friend had booked a Tata Nexon XM(S) diesel.

The ex showroom price while booking was 9,99,000 INR. Bang on the boundary of lower taxes.

Then, Tata decides to increase the ex-showroom price of the same variant by 15,000 INR, with an assured price protection, which they did honor.

But why should you put the customer into a position where he needs to spend 70k more for no reason, specially when the manufacturer isn't the one getting any extra rupee here. The government gets more taxes. Customer's loss, government's gain and company has no gain here.

Name:  IMG20220128WA0007.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  73.7 KB

Why not keep their 9.99 lakh models in the same price range instead of going over that stupid 10 lakh ex showroom mark?

Now my friend no more finds XM(S) value for money and is booking the Sonet 1.5 HTK diesel.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 29th January 2022 at 14:23.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 14:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Why not keep their 9.99 lakh models in the same price range instead of going over that stupid 10 lakh ex showroom mark?

Now my friend no more finds XM(S) value for money and is booking the Sonet
Credit to Maruti and Hyundai for maintaining some of their car variants below 10 lacs (4th Gen Honda City V variant and S-Cross Zeta as an example), although other variants of the same cars saw a price rise.

I guess manufacturers need to understand the value of sub 10 lacs price tag for some variants the same way they do for a sub 4m length and 1200cc (petrol) or 1500cc (diesel) engine size.

Most Viewed