Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 07:56   #136
BANNED

Toyota Glanza Base to Top conversion

I recently booked Toyota Glanza E. I'll be getting the delivery before month end. As it is my first car, I will be holding on to it for some time and want it to remain fuss free even after "updates" so please guide me through what all ought to be done, is practical and durable and above all VFM.
As the vehicle comes with a lot of features, yet some essential ones are missing, I'll be making updates to it in a phased manner. So initially, I'm looking to get;
1. Floor Mats (3250)
2. Boot Mat (1500)
3. Car cover (1600)
4. Rear Parcel tray (2500)
5. Mud Flaps (750)

The figure in bracket is the price quoted by Toyota people for accessories by them. As I have never dealt with such things, there is no baseline data for me to compare it against. If better or equivalent items at cheaper rate can be found elsewhere online, please do point me in the right direction.
KadiNiSikhiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 16:57   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Glanza Base to Top conversion

Some recommendations in addition to what you have shared. Best to negotiate with the dealer or the dealer service center on accessories. Maybe they can help with some discount as well depending on the final INR. Most dealers don't charge labour on accessories if car is bought from them.
  1. 16" top end alloys and center cap ~ 30k
  2. Any local tyre guy will help with swap of 15" tyre+rim with 16" tyre of your choice ~ 10k
  3. electrical adjust and folding outside door mirrors ~ 15k
  4. Body colored door mirrors and handles ~ 4k
  5. front fog light with black housing ~ 7k
  6. Sporty pedal set ~ 0.5k
  7. Door guard black and non-chrome ~ 0.3k
  8. Steering wheel cover - look at aftermarket for options.
  9. For ICE and steering mounted audio/call control; look outside, there are countless options without slicing any wires in many cases.

Rear wiper, defogger is not possible in a VFM way.

Last edited by dipen : 12th July 2022 at 16:59.
dipen is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 17:23   #138
BANNED

The price quoted by dealership, is it too much for the said items?
Tyre upgrade will be done later. For the rest, that all would be done in phase 2, probably after a month or so and for that I'm (re)searching for quality installers/modders in Delhi or Chandigarh who can do all of the above, as shown by countless videos of "Karol Bagh Installers".
Old 20th July 2022, 08:35   #139
BANNED

Can somebody help me out by providing Toyota Sales team mail ID. My SA and dealership are giving me the run around about delivery of my vehicle.
Old 28th July 2022, 11:58   #140
BHPian

Re: Toyota Glanza, Urban Cruiser facelift to be launched this year

What are the wait times for Glanza AMT in Mumbai? Thank you.
Old 30th July 2022, 17:32   #141
BHPian

I went for test drive of Glanza in Chennai last week, I must say it was a very good experience. Roads around my place are dug up due to some ongoing water pipeline project and hence got a fair chance to test the suspension. It went very smoothly over the bumpy roads, my family in the back was also pretty satisfied with the ride quality and space it offered. Some of the things I personally loved were:
  1. Driver seat comfort, especially back support
  2. Front grill look on Glanza
  3. Covered engine cabin, it can prevent rats from entering in
  4. 16 inch wheels (in base model it is 15 inch)
  5. Dual tone interior (It would be much nicer if they gave full beige)
  6. The steering/ handling (was smooth as butter)

I booked Glanza G manual, gaming gray the very next day. I did not go for the top model because it did not add any distinguishing performance enhancement.

The ex-showroom price is 8.41 lakh and in Chennai with RTO tax, Toyota protect insurance and extended warranty, the on road price is 9.85 lakh. So with few mandatory accessories like floor mats, boot mat, mud guards and wind visors from showroom and some accessories from outside showroom like dash cam, tyre inflator the car should cost around 10.2 - 10.3 lakhs.

My booking docket was placed on 27-July-22 by the showroom and the waiting period is 60 days on it. However the salesman said there is some chance if any other bookings are cancelled it may be allotted sooner. I believe it will be worth the wait. Will update on further developments regarding this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GLANZA PRICE LIST WEF 01062022.pdf (693.0 KB, 324 views)
s.sriram1989@gm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 17:00   #142
BHPian

I am getting my Glanza V - Gaming grey in a week or two.
One accessory I am thinking of is shark fin antenna. I am thinking of changing tyres to Michelin Primacy. A tyre inflator and a Dashcam. Please suggest if I need to add any other required accessory.
pach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 12:07   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
I am getting my Glanza V - Gaming grey in a week or two.
One accessory I am thinking of is shark fin antenna. I am thinking of changing tyres to Michelin Primacy. A tyre inflator and a Dashcam. Please suggest if I need to add any other required accessory.
Congratulations! how long have you waited after booking? If you are changing tyres then do it on the same day you get the vehicle, the value of stock tyres is reduced even if you delay it by a week. I think you chose all the important accessories. Maybe while using the car you might come across some requirements.
s.sriram1989@gm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 15:47   #144
jsl
BHPian

I also got the TOYOTA GLANZA G AMT Gaming Grey after 3 months of waiting, very happy with purchase and installed after market seat covers which are fantastic. Rest the car is stock, please suggest some modifications which I should do! Thank You
jsl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 13:59   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl View Post
I also got the TOYOTA GLANZA G AMT Gaming Grey after 3 months of waiting, very happy with purchase and installed after market seat covers which are fantastic. Rest the car is stock, please suggest some modifications which I should do! Thank You
Doesn't Glanza G AMT come with 6 airbags which would prohibit any installation of after market seat covers?
Old 16th August 2022, 18:37   #146
jsl
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Doesn't Glanza G AMT come with 6 airbags which would prohibit any installation of after market seat covers?
Yes it comes with 6 Airbags but the seat covers are custom made and there are cuttings at the side from where the stock seats are visible and has space for the airbags.
Old 17th August 2022, 11:14   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.sriram1989@gm View Post
Congratulations! how long have you waited after booking? .
Thanks. I have waited for 3 months after booking.
Old 17th August 2022, 13:02   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya View Post
1. Floor Mats (3250)
2. Boot Mat (1500)
3. Car cover (1600)
4. Rear Parcel tray (2500)
5. Mud Flaps (750)
Just get the Rear parcel tray & Mud flaps from the showroom. Rest all will be cheaper outside or on Amazon.

You don't need car cover, if you are getting grey or any metallic finish. Its a hassle to put it on and remove every time. I understand a first buyer view, but its not worth. If you are planning to pull it out occasionally then you can invest, but if you want to use your car regularly, you don't need a cover.

Save money and invest on good HU + audio. That should help a lot. My 2 cents would be to invest in a *branded* Head unit, a good quality one. Dont skimp on this.
Good luck mate.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 17:35   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Thanks. I have waited for 3 months after booking.
I am waiting for 20 days now and getting restless in the waiting period. Salesman told me 60 days. I am thinking they should deliver 5-10 days before that but its a long wait if you really need a car for daily usage. Interest rates already increased from the booking date and dont know if prices may also increase
Old 18th August 2022, 21:16   #150
BHPian

Today I got a call from the salesman stating another customer postponed his purchase and a blue Glanza G MT will be available with them in 15 days. I accepted to take it, and provided documents for loan approval from bank to their finance team id. Requested them to make it happen in 12 days before Ganesh Chaturthi. It will be his blessing. Excited to get it early. Although the price of the car increased by 10k in August. Attaching new price sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GLANZA.pdf (220.6 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by s.sriram1989@gm : 18th August 2022 at 21:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks