Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 09:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

First the price hike and then this. I think they are saving everything for the new models(Slavia) thinking people might not care/notice these features until they take the vehicle.
ramsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:43   #17
BHPian

Such stupid moves along with a lack of clarity will put the final nail in the coffin for the Kushaq. The sales are already low with discounts being offered freely, and now this cheap move. They can blame external factors only for a limited time to cover-up for their incompetence!

Last edited by nitkel : 19th January 2022 at 09:45.
nitkel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
The taigun dealer i spoke to, said that the mirrors will fold at the push of a button, but won't close/open automatically when you lock or unlock the car with the key. It's something that's happened because of the chip shortage.
Thanks for the heads up. This is better but still not what I would expect from a 20 lakh Skoda when a sub 10 lakh cars get it. Like it has been said earlier they could have mentioned it clearly and offered a swap out agreement when the supply is restored.
shancz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:58   #19
BHPian

Deletion of Auto folding ORVMs has been confirmed by Zac.
I guess they'll add it at a later time as one of the features in a Monte Carlo edition.
This is frustrating and makes me reevaluate my Kushaq booking.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kushaq & VW Taigun lose electric folding mirrors-screenshot_20220119095529_twitter.jpg  

Last edited by CeeBeeR : 19th January 2022 at 10:00. Reason: Grammar correction.
CeeBeeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 10:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
The taigun dealer i spoke to, said that the mirrors will fold at the push of a button, but won't close/open automatically when you lock or unlock the car with the key. It's something that's happened because of the chip shortage.
Is this confirmed? So we can still get the ORVM's folded at a push of a button on a driver side's door or panel? Just like it is in the Vento? That may still be acceptable. I was picturing having to fold both the mirrors manually by rolling down the windows. If that were the case, I would be seriously bummed at shelling out close to 22 big ones and missing out.

Poor planning by Skoda all around. I would have pushed back the launch date of Slavia till supply chains got better, instead of cutting down features on Kushaq that too after a price hike. Clearly that is wishful thinking.
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 10:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I feel VAG is cutting features on the twins so as to utilize the chips on the Slavia/Virtus. They can't afford to mess up feature distribution at launch for these two upcoming products
Yes, that just must be it.

But am surprised at this move. It's not like the Kushaq or the Taigun are established products which people would lap up or be willing to wait for a year as they would a Creta or Seltos.

I don't know what their inventory scene must be for the required chip here but they could have softened the blow by retaining it on the 1.0 Style and the 1.5 DSG. There's no way even committed buyers will be fully okay with a basic feature like this skimped after coughing up Rs.20 lacs! Simply NOT clever, Skoda!
Old 19th January 2022, 10:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Is this confirmed? So we can still get the ORVM's folded at a push of a button on a driver side's door or panel? Just like it is in the Vento? That may still be acceptable. I was picturing having to fold both the mirrors manually by rolling down the windows. If that were the case, I would be seriously bummed at shelling out close to 22 big ones and missing out.

Poor planning by Skoda all around. I would have pushed back the launch date of Slavia till supply chains got better, instead of cutting down features on Kushaq that too after a price hike. Clearly that is wishful thinking.
As per the VW dealer, yes. I'll speak to the Skoda dealer today for more info on the kushaq.
sid3091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 13:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? Doesn’t seem to be the case. My dealer confirmed that I’ll have to manually fold them. I’m just waiting for the dust to settle. It’s sad since I was almost ready to book the Taigun.

Last edited by throttlehead : 20th January 2022 at 13:41.
throttlehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 21:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Quite disappointing. The chip shortage clearly is making life so much tougher for potential car buyers today. No discounts, feature deletions, insane waiting periods.
Chip shortage is definitely an issue however VW has increased prices on an already overpriced car with 95% localisation and at the same time deleted a basic feature. Probably they are expecting ford owners to buy whatever VW will sell.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:13   #25
BHPian

I booked a Kushaq 1.5 DSG in Dec and was waiting for a 2022 manufactured vehicle. Didn't realise that I would repent my decision of waiting for the 2022 model.
My excitement for the Kushaq has come down due to the deletion of electrically foldable mirrors (not just auto fold) and I'm thinking of cancelling my booking.
Is there anyone else in the same boat and if so, what alternatives are you looking at?
A different brand?
Wait for Kushaq to add this feature again in the near future?
Wait for Slavia?
Look at remaining stock of 2021 cars and sacrifice color or variant options?
Old 21st January 2022, 14:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
I booked a Kushaq 1.5 DSG in Dec and was waiting for a 2022 manufactured vehicle. Didn't realise that I would repent my decision of waiting for the 2022 model.
My excitement for the Kushaq has come down due to the deletion of electrically foldable mirrors (not just auto fold) and I'm thinking of cancelling my booking.
Is there anyone else in the same boat and if so, what alternatives are you looking at?
A different brand?
Wait for Slavia?
Well the feature deletion is only when locking or unlocking the car. From inside it is still automatic like the ones in vento/polo. This is what dealer told me and have seen a video for the same.
TJ02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Well the feature deletion is only when locking or unlocking the car. From inside it is still automatic like the ones in vento/polo. This is what dealer told me and have seen a video for the same.
I can live with auto fold deletion, but my SA and couple of others have confirmed that the entire electric foldable mirrors functionality is removed and we have to manually fold/unfold mirrors.
Perhaps someone who bought a 2022 model can confirm this.
Old 21st January 2022, 14:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
A different brand?
Wait for Slavia?
I am in a similar state, although I had not actually made the booking. Was planning to get the 1.0 MT Style. I haven't yet found an alternative. It's not like I need a new vehicle immediately, my existing vehicle (2012 Etios Liva) serves its purpose but been having that itch to get a new car since last couple of months.

I'll have to work with the following conditions from my wife though , everything else is mostly upto me.

- Not a sedan
- Must have sunroof

I liked the Astor, but the 1.5 NA offering seemed under powered, and the Turbot AT is beyond the budget.

If Skoda comes with good discounts over the next month or two, might still go for Kushaq. As of now the dealer is not offering any discounts for 2022 models.

Quote:
Are you sure about this, based on the reports so far and the brochure, its entirely manual, there is no option inside the vehicle to fold the mirrors.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I can live with auto fold deletion, but my SA and couple of others have confirmed that the entire electric foldable mirrors functionality is removed and we have to manually fold/unfold mirrors.
Perhaps someone who bought a 2022 model can confirm this.
Well this is the information I have. Few more days of wait will clear the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post

Are you sure about this, based on the reports so far and the brochure, its entirely manual, there is no option inside the vehicle to fold the mirrors.
There is an option by rotating the knob. That is how it works in Vento/polo.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd January 2022 at 15:26. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
TJ02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I am in a similar state, although I had not actually made the booking. Was planning to get the 1.0 MT Style. I haven't yet found an alternative. It's not like I need a new vehicle immediately, my existing vehicle (2012 Etios Liva) serves its purpose but been having that itch to get a new car since last couple of months.
I guess there are a lot of people on the fence right now due to lack of communication by Skoda and this unreasonable way of feature deletion + price increase.
In my case, I need my car by March as this will be my first car and I can't wait for any longer than I've already did.

Quote:
Well this is the information I have. Few more days of wait will clear the air.
I wish Skoda clears this up soon. This should be part of their official communication, rather than us finding this out by ourselves. Skoda is turning us all into some kind of automotive detectives.

Quote:
There is an option by rotating the knob. That is how it works in Vento/polo.
Thank you. I didn't know this information. If possible, I'll pop into a showroom near my home and get first hand info about the mirrors for this group.
CeeBeeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed