Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 00:00   #1

Interesting article on Indiatimes - Tuning detuned cars.

I found this article on Indiatimes and I thought I can share it with you all...

Zen & the art of racing-Tech on wheels-New Launches-Indiatimes Auto
Old 5th June 2007, 04:29   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Interesting that they have covered almost every tuner in India. From Raj Hingo to Fazal Khan of FRK, Autopsyche, Karan Shah, Kamlesh Patel, Ramesh(cant say how much of a tuner he is?) and ofcourse our very own Psycho.

But what I cant digest is the fact that Fazal CLAIMS to have BUILT OR REBUILT the 800 bhp supra all by himself? While all they have done is wash/replace fluids I guess. And no mention of HKS at all? Or maybe they mean turning up the boost on the controller is a modification too .

And, Arush how about giving us a report on the swift sport engines? And where in the world are you sourcing 4 wheel drive kits at 25k from ? And isnt 300 bhp the max to be gotten out of an RS?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th June 2007 at 04:34.
Old 5th June 2007, 04:36   #3
BHPian

more powerfull engines for the swift ? how much will this cost ?
is there any swift in delhi running around with this engine ?
Old 5th June 2007, 09:33   #4
BHPian

Lol they put a Lamborghini under the pic of the Ferrari. I wish they had mentioned team-bhp, there are so many modded cars here.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:09   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, for one...some parts of the article are terribly written. I hate it when people dont do their job well. A little research would have helped the author immensely.

Quote:
The same engine that delivers 240 bhp in the US is gagged to give a miserly 102 bhp here.
What the heck? What engine is detuned by like 60% in India? And to think that we actually believe news articles. Can you imagine the influence this would have on us when we read something that we arent familiar with?

But its great to have so many of the tuners onboard being features. I especially liked how Arush added:

Quote:
Vohra also adds that the suspension of the modified car has to be fixed a bit and performance brake pads should be used to enhance the stopping power.
Power is nothing without control. Many think of BHP but not necessarily about the grip / stopping power.
Old 5th June 2007, 18:07   #6
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well, news staff will believe what ever has been told to them.And TUNERS (is this what some parts importers are called nowadays in India?)are merely causing a rage themselves. Coz then some rich kids gonna want the 240 bhp from that 102hp block. Read and learn.
Old 5th June 2007, 20:15   #7
BHPian

i remember there was a article by autocar or overdrive last year(actualy it came as a small magazine with one of them)i think september or october06.it was quite usefull and more efficient than this
Old 6th June 2007, 17:31   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And TUNERS (is this what some parts importers are called nowadays in India?)are merely causing a rage themselves.
You hit a very raw nerve out there, Nitroxx. I agree....parts importers really cant be called tuners. To me, a tuner is someone:

1. Who has an indepth understanding of the technicalities of a car.

2. Who goes beyond the standard K&N's / free-flow installs. And can actually "tune" the car. Remaps, swaps, turbo-installs etc.
Old 6th June 2007, 18:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Tooner uncle sounds damn modest compared to others, coffee nahin mila kya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
And, Arush how about giving us a report on the swift sport engines? And where in the world are you sourcing 4 wheel drive kits at 25k from ?
But, this I'd like to know about too. Swift sport engines already available, doubtful that? Must speak of the Esteems that are named Swift abroad. And AWD kits for 25k!!!! I'd like some please. Come on man Arush, how come you never treat us to these.
Old 6th June 2007, 18:29   #10
BHPian

I guess there is a very big differentiator between bolt on solution seller and people who understand, plan, design and execute an enhancement. In the old days tuning any car Carb engine types used to be an art with some guys specilising in a perticular make. An he would ask you for your requirments and thus do the setting, FE or Power..
Old 6th June 2007, 19:46   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Tooner uncle sounds damn modest compared to others, coffee nahin mila kya?
Coffee hamesha milta hey. As long as there are 24x7's in the city or else out of town CCD are always there. Actually I have deep respect for Raj & Keshav amongst these tuners. Ok, atleast some. Funnily, they seem to have missed out on Bobby Jairam & Santosh.

Ritayan, old days are not gone yet. Raj is brilliant with carbs. And he isn't just like that called the best tuner in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
To me, a tuner is someone:

1. Who has an indepth understanding of the technicalities of a car.

2. Who goes beyond the standard K&N's / free-flow installs. And can actually "tune" the car. Remaps, swaps, turbo-installs etc.
Very true. But there are a lot of wannabe tuners or people who are known as self-made tuners who actually outsource work from these tuners. But there are hardly a few real good tuners. I am sure you will be getting a feedback on them really soon . Say around 10 of them in the whole country. Dependable, really commited, hard working lot with in-depth knowledge in their areas of specialization. If only they master the art of TCing or SCing and set up ECU's like the autronic's or the motec's. And, yes please throw in a dyno too.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th June 2007 at 19:47.
Old 6th June 2007, 20:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Funny there is no mention of Leela or J Anand. These guys actually have their work validated in competetion where reliability also counts.
Old 6th June 2007, 20:18   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Funny there is no mention of Leela or J Anand. These guys actually have their work validated in competetion where reliability also counts.
Yes, though I haven't heard J.Anand do a lot of mods for general public. Both of them are more engrossed in the rally scene and are brilliant at it. However, from what I have seen almost all of Leela's turboed cars have blown their TC's.
Old 6th June 2007, 21:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice article.. Arush, come on, let us know more about swift and 4wd.

is it the white 800bhp supra they have mentioned ?
Old 6th June 2007, 21:46   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
is it the white 800bhp supra they have mentioned ?
Yes, vishal bhai. It is the white supra. Tuned and tested by HKS at Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks