Team-BHP - Segment Leaders
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Segment Leaders (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24801-segment-leaders.html)

Cars that leads in the sales chart in their respective segments & their winning attributes. Surprised to see shah rukh khan mentioned in the list as first in winning attributes. here is the complete article

Numero uno

Does anybody really buy the car for Shah Rukh Khan??

only die hard SRK fans , heck even i would buy a car if salma hayek or liv tyler endorsed it. LOL

good cars will never need star endorsements, and will still succeed.

Amitabh and Abhishek endorsed Versa, wat happened

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin_seattle (Post 458881)
good cars will never need star endorsements, and will still succeed.

Amitabh and Abhishek endorsed Versa, wat happened

In fact many good cars still sell despite effective reverse endorsements by popular celebrities lol:

I am sure Sx4 will soon be listed as leader in Premium C segment, kicking off NHC

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathya_nars (Post 459293)
I am sure Sx4 will soon be listed as leader in Premium C segment, kicking off NHC

Lets hope it does and lets also hope that within a short span the udated CITY butts out the SX4. In anycase its our gain. Cos this freshly brewing rivalry can actually have effect at other places as well.

Juz changing the specs will not help NHC to regain the lost glory. They have to do some serious homework on the design front to match SX4. (pls do some thing with the NHC's dicky! cannot digest!) Its not going to be a quick one then. Meanwhile, some added features which we indian are deprived off in the NHC like ABS/AB etc with some little price cut...thats what we can expect from Honda. By that time they launch anything new, SX4 will have an update or facelift!

Quote:

Originally Posted by compenn (Post 458865)
Does anybody really buy the car for Shah Rukh Khan??

It does have an effect (not on me) in the hero worshiping hearts of our fellow Indians.

MUL is indeed now the leader in the midsize segment (4000-4500mm) segment. It sold 5008 cars in May 2007 in this segment, followed by Ford (2946), Honda (2838), Mahindra (2787), and Hyundai (2739). Honda has declined from 3028 in Apr 2007, and has finally lost its leadership in this segment. Considering that MUL sold 2124 in Apr 07 (incl. some old Baleno but almost all Esteems), it may be safe to assume that SX4 sold 3000 in May2007.

Lets not define a trend based on transient performances!

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 465351)
It does have an effect (not on me) in the hero worshiping hearts of our fellow Indians.

one of the manufacturer could have made Rajini drive their car in one of the scenes in his new release - SIVAJI- THE BOSS :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 467542)
one of the manufacturer could have made Rajini drive their car in one of the scenes in his new release - SIVAJI- THE BOSS :)

At this 'Sivaji fever' season, I am sure it will boost sales of the car if Rajini ever markets it :) !!