Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 00:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

I don't see the point of the V version unless the customer has too much cash to burn. I would rather buy the S and get Stanley equivalent leather for around 24k (Seats & Door Pads) and get Fogs for around 10k odd and with the saved 30k upgrade the tyres & alloys. I sincerely don't think the ORVM indicators are worth anything at all, it's just a bloody gimmick.
Old 7th June 2007, 01:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the V variant today.
Price increase for company reg is around 1L OTR.
At 15.xx L for the AT, this car doesn't make any sense at all, specially given the face that a new Accord MT costs on 3L more and comes with more power, space, prestige.
We were looking to buy the Civic but when i told my dad the price of the Civic AT v/s the Acord MT, he was like it makes more sense to get the Accord then.
An what about the Sonata Embera? The AT version of the Embera is priced on par with the Civic AT and once again, it offers more space and practicility then the Civic.
Am very dissapointed with Honda. They seem to be increasing the price of their new models and are counting on the H logo to work for them. Look at the prices of the New CRV vs the old CRV.
The Accord is the only exception here.
Old 7th June 2007, 01:33   #18

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

no wonder i have been seeing so many civics with fog lights these days...and i thought people had gotten richer.
afaik,the civic foglights cost 19k.because the nhc's foglights cost 9k.
Old 7th June 2007, 01:34   #19

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I don't see the point of the V version unless the customer has too much cash to burn. I would rather buy the S and get Stanley equivalent leather for around 24k (Seats & Door Pads) and get Fogs for around 10k odd and with the saved 30k upgrade the tyres & alloys. I sincerely don't think the ORVM indicators are worth anything at all, it's just a bloody gimmick.
tsk,tsk such animosity against honda.what happened..where's your loyality???
Old 7th June 2007, 01:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
tsk,tsk such animosity against honda.what happened..where's your loyality???
Oh don't doubt it, I'm still fiercely Loyal but fortunately I ain't Blind!!!! When I see a rip-off I call it one
Old 7th June 2007, 05:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT:.. I dont think all Honda's are overpriced.. Accord is definetely priced reasonably, going by the features/looks it has.
Compared to the other Hondas its not overpriced. However compared to international prices, it still is way overpriced. However all upper D segment cars are overpriced so there's nothing much to complain about.
Old 7th June 2007, 07:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Call me an idiot but can please someone tell me whats so much important about fog lamps?
I haven't used for lamps in Accord in about last 8 months, during which time I have been through moderately dense fog. And NO I don't think my life would be any better if I used fog lamps.

IMO using fog lamps in our tropical weather is kinda funny. Earlier in Accord I used fog lamps regularly thinking I look cool untill one day I saw picture taken by my friend and understood how stupid it is to use fog lamps in our weather.

Out of the given list of improvments I would say only AUX IN is needed improvment and may be leather upholstery too for some people.
Old 7th June 2007, 08:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33 View Post
Out of the given list of improvments I would say only AUX IN is needed improvment and may be leather upholstery too for some people.
aux is present on even 3rd rate HU these days. Probably the supplier ran out of old stock and started supplying HU with AUX.
Old 7th June 2007, 08:39   #24
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Call me an idiot but can please someone tell me whats so much important about fog lamps?
And NO I don't think my life would be any better if I used fog lamps.

IMO using fog lamps in our tropical weather is kinda funny.
I'm with you on this, Adya. I really don't see the point of having fog lamps, its not like that they actually help you anyway. I've got on my OHC and found them to be a complete waste of time.
Old 7th June 2007, 09:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Call me an idiot but can please someone tell me whats so much important about fog lamps?...
I was contemplating on buying Verna CRDi. It comes with fog lights as standard and no music system. I have never seen fog in Bangalore. So I asked the dealer to remove fog lights and install an equal worth music system. He said he can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
no wonder i have been seeing so many civics with fog lights these days...and i thought people had gotten richer.
afaik,the civic foglights cost 19k.because the nhc's foglights cost 9k.
I think even NHC fog lights costs 19K. I have NHC accessories list - I can confirm.
Old 7th June 2007, 09:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Fog lights are completely useless in my Cedia too. Absolutely zero use so far.
Old 7th June 2007, 09:43   #27
BHPian

I bought the civic last month and I'm glad I didn't have to shell out the extra dough for these "freebies". It is SO much cheaper to get them done to your taste later. The company rates for accessories is ridiculous to say the least. The turn indicators on side mirrors are a complete waste. I got front fogs for a fraction of the company-quoted price and as someone mentioned earlier, Stanley leather will cost you around 24K. Lumbar support is a must; my old Corsa seat is far more comfy! I also would have liked folding seats in the rear. Not so fussy about audio controls on the steering. That would have altered the look and I like this steering just fine. Anyways a lot of guys change the ICE; the stock HU hardly has any power, so that would make steering controls useless. I'd just like to see better alloy design; the ones shown on their website in the new "gay" color are far better than what they actually give!
Old 7th June 2007, 12:00   #28
BHPian

yes the new color is violet or something, crap? its definitely more appropriate to put after market stanley at a less than half the cost if one wants.
Old 7th June 2007, 12:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I think even NHC fog lights costs 19K. I have NHC accessories list - I can confirm.
I paid 22.5K for mine on City ZX from the dealer last year. Was I taken for a ride ? Agree not much use but too late for that ..
Old 7th June 2007, 13:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Fog lights are completely useless in my Cedia too. Absolutely zero use so far.
Why? Is it not bright enough?

Most Viewed