Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 13:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I paid 22.5K for mine on City ZX from the dealer last year. Was I taken for a ride ? Agree not much use but too late for that ..
Umm, you guys don't think there is anything wrong when you are paying 20k + for just fog lamps?
Old 7th June 2007, 13:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I paid 22.5K for mine on City ZX from the dealer last year. Was I taken for a ride ? Agree not much use but too late for that ..
Labour charges extra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Umm, you guys don't think there is anything wrong when you are paying 20k + for just fog lamps?
Prices are relative isn't it?
Old 7th June 2007, 13:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Why? Is it not bright enough?
check this, reign's car
ImageShack - Hosting :: cedia1bj3.jpg
Old 7th June 2007, 13:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Atleast in the Swift the fogs are quite handy, if you wanna use the fogs the switch the parking lights and then the fogs and you would notice.
Old 7th June 2007, 15:06   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Call me an idiot but can please someone tell me whats so much important about fog lamps?
I haven't used for lamps in Accord in about last 8 months, during which time I have been through moderately dense fog. And NO I don't think my life would be any better if I used fog lamps.
Adya:

1. Supplementary lighting system : The fogs operate independently and can be a life-saver if your headlamps go kaput. I was driving back from Goa in my Lancer, and the headlamps fuse blew. The after-market fogs got me home safely.

2. They "complete" the front looks of the car. Not really big on driving a 13 lac sedan with empty slots where fogs should have been.

3. Depending on the alignment, they expand visibility to certain areas not covered by the headlights.
Old 7th June 2007, 15:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Fog lights are completely useless in my Cedia too. Absolutely zero use so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Why? Is it not bright enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

jkdas.!!
how does that answer my question? Does the pic show the brightness of fog lamps?
I know reign has a Cedia..

No offence buddy n sorry mods for going off topic..!
Old 7th June 2007, 15:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

the fog's are small. Its almost the same as you see in Lancer SFX. Its not that bright and is there for fancy than function
Old 7th June 2007, 15:24   #38
Team-BHP Support

I guess he was showing the size of the fogs. The cedia and the old SFXi come with projector type fog lamps. Even though the size is small they are pretty powerful.

They are not to be used as primary lights. they light up the area right in front of the bumper. this helps me to see potholes in front of the wheels especially when raining.

When driving on the highway if you switch to highbeam the lower lamps still allow you to see the low down.
Old 7th June 2007, 15:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Even the Elantra has a small ball size fog lamps but they are pretty good n powerful. Dont think the size is what matters always...

Vid..!
Any idea if the Elantra fog lamps are projector type??
Old 7th June 2007, 15:30   #40
Team-BHP Support

Yup, KP you are right the Elantra does have projector type fog lamps. They aren't that bad but they do cost a bomb.
Old 7th June 2007, 15:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33 View Post
Call me an idiot but can please someone tell me whats so much important about fog lamps?
Don't know about your neck of the woods but I've found them pretty helpful in the winter months when the NCR is pretty fogged out; also helps if I'm up in the hills in similar conditions. Effective fog lamps do cut through the fog and also warn oncoming drivers - there are certain days of the year when I've thanked God for them.

And, of course, as GTO mentioned, they do serve as a back up should you ever need them.
Old 7th June 2007, 15:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Elantra, Lancer SFXi & Cedia have projector type fog lamps.
Yeah? Then does it mean its possible to put Xenons in the fogs and they're legal?

I'm not sure if the projector setup in these fogs r equal to the projector setup in the Xenons..

A
Old 7th June 2007, 17:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

There's never any fog in bangalore :P. Hardly ever seen any fog in south india unless one goes upto ooty or something.
Old 7th June 2007, 22:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Adya:

1. Supplementary lighting system : The fogs operate independently and can be a life-saver if your headlamps go kaput. I was driving back from Goa in my Lancer, and the headlamps fuse blew. The after-market fogs got me home safely.

2. They "complete" the front looks of the car. Not really big on driving a 13 lac sedan with empty slots where fogs should have been.

3. Depending on the alignment, they expand visibility to certain areas not covered by the headlights.
1. In most cars even if high beam goes off you can still use low beam and vice-versa. Adding you that almost all cars have spare fuse provided in fuse box itself.

2. Look of car can be subjective. From our previous argument over Innova I know you give importance of exterior of the car. But for me interior is where it matters more. When you are traveling in car you are sitting inside the car, so if its up to me I would give more importance to interiors. Rather than having a complete look in front I would rather have iPod ready HU or lumber support for both front seats.

3. Agreed. But then again for sake of argument you can replace stock bulbs with more powerful ones. Many BHPians including me have done it.
Old 7th June 2007, 22:15   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the uprated Civic available as an option or the norm? And will buyers waiting for this Civic feel the wait was justified ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks