Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 18:12   #256
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Thank God. Finally this thread is at least breathing. Any idea as to what is likely to be the torque and power. Auto likely to be four or five speed or CVT? Is it likely to have manual over rides like H Matic or paddle shifts?
Any info will be appreciated.
From whatever that came out in the news recently, its going to be a 6 speed automatic, and that too Torque converter and not CVT. Thats all I know.
Old 15th October 2007, 18:23   #257
BHPian

Thats an excellent piece of information. Its so assuring. Fine decision taken. Will wait for it and hopefully, the niggles being faced by Dicor 2.2 VTT , will also be sorted out by then. Any info on the torque and BHP as conflicting reports of 120 and 140 bhp is in circulation.
Old 15th October 2007, 22:02   #258
BHPian

Will a 4 by 4 version be available ??? And also what would the rough pricing be ???? I am planning to buy a Safari 2.2, dont mind waiting for some more time. But want to go for a 4 by 4.
Old 15th October 2007, 22:29   #259
BHPian

@ranc.any updates about the interiors.i mean roof mounted AC??
Old 15th October 2007, 22:31   #260
BHPian

I really hope the scorpio comes out refined. The previous engine was quite noisy at higher rpms. Also there is still no news on the suspension of the new machine. Whether or not it has been sorted out/ improved upon has yet to be seen.
Old 15th October 2007, 23:37   #261
BHPian

It won't have an automatic. Mnm is working on an auto right now for the US market from what i heard last. And I heard it might also have light sensors, meaning it willl come on automatically in the dark.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:04   #262
BHPian

I have to share an info. Dealer in my locality , spoke to the factory , and confirmed me that he can get an auto tranny fitted - but waiting period is more than 3 months. Anyone else has tried it and has any confirmed info. BTW this is not about the Eagle or Hawk. Its about current models on which he confirmed that it can be arranged.
Old 16th October 2007, 11:05   #263
BHPian

HSV & ranc dont seem to agree with Sparie or vice versa. why such conflicting info. Of course, we tend to believe what we love to hear and so the info shared by HSV and ranc is definitely mouth watering. Whats the source of info for all three of you and please, if its not from the M&M then please, try to get some concrete info from better sources.
Dealers often mislead as the people we ususally get to talk at the delaers places are not so updated and mostly do their jobs as a job and not with so much of passion that we see on TBHP. Its true that I also read about the plans of M&M for auto trannies for US markets, but much before this news got published, someone right here on TBHP had mentioned about the new features as mentioned by HSV & ranc.
And I just hope that none of us are in the Tata or M&M camps - we all just want the best automobile news and best automobiles to drive.Of course, kindly and please, dont take it personally as all of us full rights to share what we feel authentic and any piece of info is appreciated. thanks
Old 16th October 2007, 12:18   #264
BHPian

Quote:
HSV & ranc dont seem to agree with Sparie or vice versa. why such conflicting info. Of course, we tend to believe what we love to hear and so the info shared by HSV and ranc is definitely mouth watering. Whats the source of info for all three of you and please, if its not from the M&M then please, try to get some concrete info from better sources.
Dealers often mislead as the people we ususally get to talk at the delaers places are not so updated and mostly do their jobs as a job and not with so much of passion that we see on TBHP. Its true that I also read about the plans of M&M for auto trannies for US markets, but much before this news got published, someone right here on TBHP had mentioned about the new features as mentioned by HSV & ranc.
And I just hope that none of us are in the Tata or M&M camps - we all just want the best automobile news and best automobiles to drive.Of course, kindly and please, dont take it personally as all of us full rights to share what we feel authentic and any piece of info is appreciated. thanks
Guys my info is from "The horses mouth" and the mouth was that of the state wide M & M service support chief. He was kind of guarded so extracting more from him will be tough, but he came out with all the features that I have mentioned.
Old 16th October 2007, 13:03   #265
BHPian

yes ranc. wish you all the best and may your info come true. I would love to see it in metal and paint with all those gizmos..wishlist includes-
6 speed AT with paddle shift or at least shifters, then cruise control, steering mounted music controls with 2 Din system( incl cassette player) and USB in, tweeters and subs,( or else option for ICE), roof mounted ac vents, electrically operated seat adjustements with lumbar support, TPM is ok, other things like Airbags, TCS, EBD & ABS must be at least optional and yes 4*4 is must and wish its at least 140 bhp with 33 kgm torque in well spread rev band ( -possible?). Any idea on output ( power and torque figures)?

Well this wish list coz this is the only hope. 2.2 Safari is out &Chevvy ( Captiva) - no dealer near my place.
Old 16th October 2007, 18:25   #266
HSV
BHPian

Sorry to mislead you Shatrughna. I was merely commenting upon the fact that the A/T which M&M is developing is a 6 speed torque converter type and not CVT.

Whether the A/T is offered from the very first day of the launch or not, is another question, for which I unfortunately have no idea about. Frankly I would be quite surprised if it comes out sooner, because the last we heard in the news M&M wanted to offer that for the US entry and that was scheduled sometime in 2008.

So I sincerely hope Ranc is correct as that would be fabulous.

Can we also add a sunroof to the wishlist. It would be absolutely fabulous to have a sun roof to enjoy during good weather on long drives alongwith the A/T. Drool....

Quote:
Old 18th October 2007, 11:40   #267
BHPian

@HSV- I was sheepish in adding Sunroof in the list because I didnt wish to sound too greedy . I have it on my mind. But let me share that Chevvy Captiva - in LTX trim is likely to come with all the desirable features. Cant be too sure if M&M likes to do that. Though sunroof - in scorpio while driving may not be much of fun as the front wind shiled glass is really big enough and gives enough (read panaromic) view of the sky above. So I am ready for the compromise if other goodies are available in M&M- coz I hope M&M will be much sensibly priced compared to Chevvy ( import duties will hike the pricing too high for comfort!).
Auto tranny and other goodies are good enough to live with for a couple of years and then may be by then many more models may be there to choose from. Hope for the best and be prepared for some!
Old 18th October 2007, 14:32   #268
HSV
BHPian

I'll completely agree with you on this. I guess we'll do with the auto tranny for now!

Quote:
@HSV- I was sheepish in adding Sunroof in the list because I didnt wish to sound too greedy . I have it on my mind. But let me share that Chevvy Captiva - in LTX trim is likely to come with all the desirable features. Cant be too sure if M&M likes to do that. Though sunroof - in scorpio while driving may not be much of fun as the front wind shiled glass is really big enough and gives enough (read panaromic) view of the sky above. So I am ready for the compromise if other goodies are available in M&M- coz I hope M&M will be much sensibly priced compared to Chevvy ( import duties will hike the pricing too high for comfort!).
Auto tranny and other goodies are good enough to live with for a couple of years and then may be by then many more models may be there to choose from. Hope for the best and be prepared for some!
Old 19th October 2007, 22:06   #269
Senior - BHPian

Unbelieveable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Forgot to mention, few features that he talked about that will be available in the new scorpio are as follows.

1. Automatic Transmission
2. Cruise Control
3. Tyre Pressure warning.
4. Rain sensors for wipers.
5. Volume control on steering.

I guess it is worth the wait if you are thinking of a safari 2.2
Do you think so? If you are right, the Car will be priced one segment above, atleast arounf 15L. But I do not think M&M will do this, they will certainly try to keep the price lower than Safari 2.2, which will not allow them to give any of the above mentioned features.
Old 20th October 2007, 17:17   #270

Ingenio pics

Does anyone have idea about the future MUV/SUV launches in India.
Also the spy picturees of Mahindra Ingenio posted before are not accessible/available. plz post some pics of Ingenio
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks