Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 19:43   #16

Its a 2.2l, 4 Valves, 4 Cyl. 290 Nm, 85 kW, VTG with Bosch CRDI of the generation EDC16 ECU. Initial trails were over by 02.2007, however, the final version of the software was delivered only yesterday
Old 7th June 2007, 20:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure about the 85 kw stuff, it means too less for my expectations. Not that I care, but at this level Tata will not feel the need to launch the 2.2 Dicor.

BTW 85 KW at what RPM?
Old 7th June 2007, 22:07   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
..Like someone earlier said, maybe Diwali or later.

Then in all probability the 2.2L Dicor should also be available around that time frame.
Old 7th June 2007, 22:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhajee View Post
Its a 2.2l, 4 Valves, 4 Cyl. 290 Nm, 85 kW, VTG with Bosch CRDI of the generation EDC16 ECU. Initial trails were over by 02.2007, however, the final version of the software was delivered only yesterday
2.2L and just 116bhp, i would say Thank God atleast some one at MnM has sense, the Scorpio doesnot need a bigger engine or more bhp all it needs is better safety and better handling, since nobody complains about the lack of power of the Scorpio and yes the Scorpio is driven very rashly by people so a 140bhp one would be
Old 7th June 2007, 22:48   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Jhajee,

I presume you work at MICO. Any other drivebility and reliability updates you could provide will be appreciated as well.
Old 8th June 2007, 00:27   #21

Can't disclose where I work..but ain't it very obvious ?
Coming to driveability, well, its a function of many calibration parameters and is fine tuned over a period of time. A continuous process on which they are working. Hats off to mahindra system engineers for getting most of it correct the very first time. and make no mistakes, at close to 30 Euros for the ECU, mahindras have achieved the seemingly impossible--a fine balance between cost and functionality. A case in point is the independent suspension (sans the vagueness) only available in the top of the line automobiles world wide is available in scorpio for a fraction of cost.
By the way, taking of updates, its confirmed that Tata would be using Bosch patented CAN for in-vehicle communication. A good move towards complete OBD support.
Old 8th June 2007, 09:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Can't disclose where I work..but ain't it very obvious ?
Coming to driveability, well, its a function of many calibration parameters and is fine tuned over a period of time. A continuous process on which they are working. Hats off to mahindra system engineers for getting most of it correct the very first time. and make no mistakes, at close to 30 Euros for the ECU, mahindras have achieved the seemingly impossible--a fine balance between cost and functionality. A case in point is the independent suspension (sans the vagueness) only available in the top of the line automobiles world wide is available in scorpio for a fraction of cost.
By the way, taking of updates, its confirmed that Tata would be using Bosch patented CAN for in-vehicle communication. A good move towards complete OBD support.
Just Finished the drivablity maps???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of Scorpio
what about the Protocol of some miilion Kilometers of basic testing of the new CRDE and some more million kilometers of relablity testing??? say one year???
Old 8th June 2007, 09:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the updates but then whats the status of the TATA Safari 2.2, do you have any information on that, are you in touch.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:19   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the updates Jhajee...

But can you explain what 'CAN' is? Also any details on the Tata 2.2 litre engine. I personally feel that that engine is much more important to Tata than the Eagle to Mahindra.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:25   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Thanks for the updates but then whats the status of the TATA Safari 2.2, do you have any information on that, are you in touch.
I dont think MICO is executing the Tata Dicor project. Most likely Delphi-TVS. I could be mistaken though.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well, I knew that but thought that the CAN is to with the CRDI fuel assembly but I did some search and found its not, here are the abstract of the patent.

Quote:
A method for remotely accessing at least one of at least one CAN node arrangement of a CAN bus arrangement associated with the vehicle during vehicle operation, the CAN bus arrangement being associated with a CAN gateway arrangement for coupling to an external network, inn which the method includes the steps of communicating an initialization control message from the CAN gateway arrangement to the at least one CAN node arrangement using the CAN bus arrangement, the initialization control message including a CAN node arrangement identifier code, comparing the CAN node arrangement identifier code with a unique CAN node arrangement identifier code stored at each of the at least one CAN node arrangement for determining a selected CAN node arrangement based on the CAN node arrangement identifier code and the unique CAN node arrangement identifier code, processing the initialization control message using the selected CAN node arrangement, communicating a data addressing message from the CAN gateway arrangement to the selected CAN node arrangement, the data addressing message including at least one memory address of the data to be at least one of accessed, controlled and retrieved, communicating at least one data reply message from the selected CAN node arrangement to the CAN gateway arrangement, in which the at least one data reply message includes a data payload, incorporating at least the data payload of the at least one data reply message using a communication protocol of the external network for communication of the data payload to the remote accessing arrangement, and communicating an end control message from the CAN gateway arrangement to the selected CAN node arrangement using the CAN bus arrangement.
So TATA is trying to put some good technology into its vehicles.

Full patent details are here

Last edited by dadu : 8th June 2007 at 10:36.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:34   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I dont think MICO is executing the Tata Dicor project. Most likely Delphi-TVS. I could be mistaken though.
Delphi is DICOR current, the rumors are that the 2.2 is a Bosch baby
Old 8th June 2007, 10:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
..what about the Protocol of some miilion Kilometers of basic testing of the new CRDE and some more million kilometers of relablity testing??? say one year???
Jomz,

Car cos do running tests as a series of accumulated tests running independantly, with running from all such tests aggregated towards the total figure.

While they may very well launch the new Scorpio a year down the line, it wont be due to anything else but market strategy
Old 8th June 2007, 10:54   #29
Team-BHP Support

I would like to add something to the reliability testing bit. Tata and Mahindra have a team of thousands of engineers, doing reliability testing day in and day out on their cars. The team is called "The indian car buying junta".
Old 8th June 2007, 11:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The team is called "The indian car buying junta".
------------------ ---------------------------------- and they do a hell of a job.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed