Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 21:01   #76
BHPian

hey guys today i was on my way back from lonavala when i spotted what looked like a new white scorpio being tested with black sheets masking it and it had the old tail lights ( they were testing the engine i think ) . i was at the toll naka when it pulled up next to me and the he went off a few seconds before me . let me just say that thing is amazingly fast . i was driving the current scorpio and doing about 140 (150 is tops ) but i still couldnt catch up. forget catching up i couldnt even see it . he must have been doing atleast 170 or so . so bottom line its much faster
Old 12th July 2007, 14:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry15 View Post
hey guys today i was on my way back from lonavala when i spotted what looked like a new white scorpio being tested with black sheets masking it and it had the old tail lights ( they were testing the engine i think ) . i was at the toll naka when it pulled up next to me and the he went off a few seconds before me . let me just say that thing is amazingly fast . i was driving the current scorpio and doing about 140 (150 is tops ) but i still couldnt catch up. forget catching up i couldnt even see it . he must have been doing atleast 170 or so . so bottom line its much faster
This one could have been the Ingenio (M&M's MUV) - using the same eagle engine that'll also see service in Scorpio.
The latest news is that the Scorpio with the Eagle engine should be out around Diwali this year.The Ingenio would be out sometime late 08.
Old 12th July 2007, 14:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he must have been doing atleast 170 or so .
170 on a Scorpio Thats near to sucide
Old 12th July 2007, 15:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Last month i had the oppurtunity to visit the mahindra factory in nasik! though i saw a couple of ingenios, there was nothing heard about the 2.2 eagle! when i asked the person they promptly lead me to a bare bones scorpio which had a badge something like m20Di. i guess this is the taxi variant!!! where'z the eagle???
Old 12th July 2007, 17:50   #80
BHPian

M2Di has been selling for last 6-7 months . I TDed it 6 months back, The eagle is totally on and doing the rounds all over India (just like the 2.2 L safari). I am pretty sure it will be launched more or less at the same time as Safari ie close to Diwali time.
Old 12th July 2007, 18:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
It is like the bad fuel thing they put in the Safari which tells you after you have filled up that the fuel is bad.
Tata considered making it an external device that you stick into the fuel dispenser, but some petrol pump attendants weren't too happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
guys i would like to know abt the price range of the new scorpio eagle if it is launched ....the difference in the price of 2.2 ltr scorpio and the 2.6 ltr scorpio
thanks
How on earth are we supposed to predict the price of a vehicle that has never been seen or TDed or anything-ed by us?!
Old 12th July 2007, 18:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

This WAR OF THE 2.2's shall be worth watching...who will get to win this race or should I say war?? The clash of the TITANS opening at dealerships near you around Diwali !!! Once again goes to prove the adage "customer is king" At last we shall (hopefully) have a reasonably powered Made in India - SUV

Cheers
Old 12th July 2007, 20:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
who will get to win this race or should I say war??
Ricky my money is on the Safari
Old 13th July 2007, 10:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

I would say that it would be a tough one, both engines are developed by AVL. both safari and scorpio are not going through any major design changes, scorpio is anyway quicker but unstable body/chasis design whereas the safari has to carry the burden of the whole world(its own weight of 2 ton) around making it lethargic.

Both have its pros & cons.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:32   #85
BHPian

Guys when is diwali
Old 13th July 2007, 11:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Diwali is on 9th Nov, but expect the launches to be in september since the buying season starts during the auspicious navratras and dushera which is on 21st Oct and people book in advance for deliveries during these days, also 30th Sep is the cut off date for companies to avail full depreciation on their assets as per income tax laws, so the statistics point towards early september(or even earlier) , unless Mahindra/TATA's dont want to launch it this year.

Last edited by dadu : 13th July 2007 at 11:27.
Old 13th July 2007, 11:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I would say that it would be a tough one, both engines are developed by AVL. both safari and scorpio are not going through any major design changes, scorpio is anyway quicker but unstable body/chasis design whereas the safari has to carry the burden of the whole world(its own weight of 2 ton) around making it lethargic.

mate, even the scorpio almost 2 ton i guess? yes, still both have their own pros & cons...each good in their own field
Old 13th July 2007, 14:44   #88
BHPian

Quote:

Well said!
I think Scorpio Crde is By Bosch,only the non crde was by AVL if i'm not mistaken.
Old 13th July 2007, 15:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

AVL helps them in developing an engine on the whole based on the specs and requirement, whereas Bosch provides for common rail fuel assembly and parts for the engine. Bosch had developed the common rail technology. Currently safari uses Delphi's crdi technology and scorpio from Bosch. In the 2.2 engine, it is said that both will use bosch crdi technology.

Babu, can you check the specs of scorpio for its weight as i was under the impression that it was lesser and i dont want to load a heavy page on my ppc using the gprs.
Old 13th July 2007, 16:09   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Babu, can you check the specs of scorpio for its weight as i was under the impression that it was lesser and i dont want to load a heavy page on my ppc using the gprs.
Allow me to be of assistance (figures in brackets being weights for 4x4 variants) -

Scorpio 2510 kgs (2610 kgs)
Safari 2650 kgs (2780 kgs)

For all that slim & dainty look, seems the Scorpio packs some well hidden flab in its belly ......also I'm surprised that its only a 100kg difference between 4x2 & 4x4 in the case of the Scorpio, should be more (maybe because the 4x4 variant doesn't have some of the other bells & whistles that the 4x2 has)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks