Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:03   #106
BHPian

45 days ....thats really a good news.....wat abt the price of the new car ...any idea
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:34   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
45 days is early/mid September, depending upon how recently you spoke to him. The new features look good and are required. They usually are aware of the launch dates since the service guys get trained on the new engines just before its launched.

Also please dont use SMS shorts, its not appreciated here.
Couple of weeks back i was in india garage to take delivery of logan, casually i enquired about the launch of 2.2, sales guy told me that it will be out within the next two months and he was pretty sure about that. he also went to the extent that it will be 60k costlier than the existing model.

Corroborating the statement made by service supervisor to praveencr and sales person to me , it looks like there are bright chances that 2.2 may hit the showroom sooner than expected.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:58   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Hi Guys,
Apart from a new engine and "Gizmos" what it desperately needs is more room, both upfront and in the middle row. For a 6 footer like myself I felt more cramped than my present Santro.
I am 6ft myself. Went on a long trip on it with a few others. I tell you, it can be bit too much! Moreover ours was the pre facelift. The rear suspension is really advanced! It has got a separate brain! It works only at high speeds when it starts trying to throw you off the road....!

Okay... I suppose you understand my point...
Old 25th July 2007, 23:06   #109
Senior - BHPian

New Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
45 days is early/mid September, depending upon how recently you spoke to him. The new features look good and are required. They usually are aware of the launch dates since the service guys get trained on the new engines just before its launched.
Hai BHPians,

I am also waiting to buy the eagle. A close friend who traines all the 1000 odd managers cycled through Nasik Training Centre at M&M also backs the story gaining ground that the new Gizmo filled Scorp Eagle will hit the market before Diwali for sure. It would be on display around September, 07. Hope its true, can't wait any longer.......

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

=============

Last edited by ramkya1 : 25th July 2007 at 23:07. Reason: syntax
Old 25th July 2007, 23:10   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
I am also waiting to buy the eagle. A close friend who traines all the 1000 odd managers cycled through Nasik Training Centre at M&M also backs the story gaining ground that the new Gizmo filled Scorp Eagle will hit the market before Diwali for sure. It would be on display around September, 07. Hope its true, can't wait any longer.......

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

=============

Thats indeed good news as that also means its famed rival will not be any further. Should keeping off the first few batches be advised?
Old 25th July 2007, 23:31   #111
Senior - BHPian

Need To Take A Risk, If You Want It Bad Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Thats indeed good news as that also means its famed rival will not be any further. Should keeping off the first few batches be advised?
Hai,

You raise a hot point.... who should be the sacrificial lamb / lambs of the first batch?

Another side... its possible that the Scorp being the bread & butter line; new Scorp will get all the backing possible. From user gorup news there instances of Goenkas interfacing with actual owners of Scorpios!!!!

Intentions aside, the scrvice delays, fan-belt glitches, break failures and indifferent service back ups seem to plague M&M. Hope the Goenkas put action where their mouth is........

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
----------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 25th July 2007 at 23:33.
Old 31st July 2007, 21:43   #112
Team-BHP Support

Posted by Ironwolf in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...-jobs-193.html

2.2L, 180 Horsepower? Sure the eagle-engined Scorpio can take this much power (even if its detuned for India)?
Old 1st August 2007, 14:52   #113
HSV
BHPian

I guess with them bringing in the ABS feature in the new model, the braking should improve.
Old 1st August 2007, 15:28   #114
BHPian

How come there is no hood scoop on the pickup?

I thought that Mahindra was replacing the cosmetic scoop for a functional one with the 2.2 engine.
Old 1st August 2007, 23:00   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
I guess with them bringing in the ABS feature in the new model, the braking should improve.
ABS doesnot improve braking by leaps and bounds, it only prevents the car from skidding, so its not neccesary that a ABS car will stop faster.
Old 2nd August 2007, 01:18   #116
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
ABS doesnot improve braking by leaps and bounds, it only prevents the car from skidding, so its not neccesary that a ABS car will stop faster.
Point taken! I guess they should provide disc brakes on all four wheels along with ABS.
Old 2nd August 2007, 01:58   #117
HSV
BHPian

BTW, was just browsing the mahindrascorpio.com website and noticed the stock alloys which Mahindra offers. Seriously! Its about time that they start offering better looking alloys. I think the curvy spokes look very tacky indeed. Ugh! They offer better looking alloys in the South African market.

Last edited by HSV : 2nd August 2007 at 01:59.
Old 2nd August 2007, 02:18   #118
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
How come there is no hood scoop on the pickup?

I thought that Mahindra was replacing the cosmetic scoop for a functional one with the 2.2 engine.
Although the image above details the engine as 2.2 Ltr, however the australian site has a different specification for the Mahindra Pik-up. Its a NEF 2.49L CRDe EURO-IV” - 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, 2498CC engine, and it doesnt have a scoop.

Mahindra Automotive - Specs

Last edited by HSV : 2nd August 2007 at 02:19.
Old 2nd August 2007, 04:09   #119
BHPian

The fake scoop is really something that Mahindra needs to get rid of or make it real. I couldn't help but laugh that they even have some container underneath to collect the water that comes into the engine bay through this contraption. In my humble opinion, the scoop and the headlights are two sore points in the looks division.
Old 2nd August 2007, 05:19   #120
BHPian

hmm Mahindra's must have gone on a launching spree...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks