Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2007, 18:41   #151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
My mistake, anyway I will keep my eyes open for them and get the snaps as soon as possible
Over the past two weeks, saw one or two scorpios badged 'M2Di' with the bolero engine, in trivandrum. Sure it wasn't one of those?
Old 17th August 2007, 00:24   #152
BHPian

[quote=untamed.sailor;532264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Does anyone think the new Engine will be a good one? I doubt that it will be a reliable work horse. Because getting 180bhp and close to 300NM torque out of a 5cylinder 3000CC engine, sounds like it will be primarily driven by very high compression ratio which is aided by a big turbo.

Any engine with too much turbo and artificially pumped in like that will have a low life cycle because the rings, piston and valves will get worn out pretty fast. This is the reason people go for more cylinders to increase the power out put safely and reliably. An naturally aspired engine has far more life than a artificially aspiring engine and this corresponds to the power of the turbo. More powerful the turbo less the engine life.

I am sorry, but i dont understand that what is meant by too much turbo and artificially pumped in. An engine is fitted with a turbocharger to increase the air charge ratio for the combustion,which in turn increases the maximum amount of fuel burnt per cycle.By putting a turbocharger we have a positive gain in terms of power to weight ratio,reduction in s.f.o.c,reduced initial engine cost and increased reliability and reduced maintenance costs which would have been otherwise because of less exacting combustion process and scavenging efficiency of engine.The turbocharger helps in increasing cycle efficiency by utilising waste heat recovery from exhaust gases.
Also the life of engine and the wear n tear associated with it depends upon maximum mechanical and thermal stresses developed in components for that particular engine,which in turn depend upon type of material,its thickness and cooling arrangements.If turbocharger a.k.a turbo has been incorporated since the design stage and birth of engine,there is no reason that we should worry about the reliability of engine,as designers would have taken every factor into consideration regarding maximum fuel which can be burnt and to keep piston speed within safe limits.On the other hand if modification and addition of turbo has been done after market,there are chances that maximum fuel burning limits and scavenge efficiency could be affected.Please correct me,if i am wrong.

Your not wrong sailor, I was referring to the capabilities of the Mahindra design team(R&D). I know the designer should take into consideration all the factors including metallurgy and compression ratio but for a company which has in the past so apathetically offered a rear suspension without proper testing resulting in a lot of toppled cars on the high road, one can only be skeptical at the Indian R&D sectors, not to mention the many problems TATA faced in the early stages of the Indica.

So keeping in mind all these past if i may say screw ups, one can only be but skeptical of our R&D at least in this nascent stage of our automobile industry.

P.S. BMW performs worst in crash tests, even lesser than all the cheaper models, thats after all the famous German R&D. So one must maintain a decent bit of skepticism.
Yahoo!

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 17th August 2007 at 00:31. Reason: typos
Old 17th August 2007, 13:24   #153
HSV
BHPian

Does anyone have any new updates / insider info, with regards to the launch of this vehicle?

P.S. - I dare say can anyone throw more light on the subject!

Last edited by HSV : 17th August 2007 at 13:26.
Old 17th August 2007, 13:56   #154
BHPian

Dealer Says- Dec 07 - 2.2 Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Does anyone have any new updates / insider info, with regards to the launch of this vehicle?

P.S. - I dare say can anyone throw more light on the subject!
Visited Silver Jubilee Motors - Pune yesterday and asked the Manager about the launch of the new Eagle engine 2.2 Scorpio and she said its going to happen in Dec 2007. TATA's might launch their 2.2 Safari earlier to that the war is ON for sure!!

So, people waiting for Safari 2.2 would surely wait for the Scorpio 2.2 launch before making a final decision.

Future of Home grown SUV's rests with M&M and Tata to take it to the next level with these upgraded models. Lets hope the buyers get the benefit of this...
Old 17th August 2007, 14:49   #155
Senior - BHPian

Might not, there is big difference in the cabin space of both vehicles, people who would want to compare the engines and are okay with the cabin space, might wait though.

There are primarily changes on the engine/transmission for both vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
So, people waiting for Safari 2.2 would surely wait for the Scorpio 2.2 launch before making a final decision.
Old 17th August 2007, 14:54   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Visited Silver Jubilee Motors - Pune yesterday and asked the Manager about the launch of the new Eagle engine 2.2 Scorpio and she said its going to happen in Dec 2007. TATA's might launch their 2.2 Safari earlier to that the war is ON for sure!!

Future of Home grown SUV's rests with M&M and Tata to take it to the next level with these upgraded models. Lets hope the buyers get the benefit of this...
Why would a dealer let off this info? It will have impact on his sale. Nobody will now want to buy the existing one. Unless offcourse you know them well.
Old 22nd August 2007, 18:36   #157
Senior - BHPian

15-30 mins ago on Star News break, I saw this rather 3-4 second mahindra Teaser with Red M logo

Something vrooms across the TV screen and then it say......

COMING SOON...

SHARPER THAN SOON

Red M logo
Is this ramp up for Eagle 2.2 Scorpio Launch
Old 22nd August 2007, 19:12   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
15-30 mins ago on Star News break, I saw this rather 3-4 second mahindra Teaser with Red M logo

COMING SOON...

SHARPER THAN SOON

Red M logo

This is a teaser for sure, the only thing left from the Mahindra stable to come out is the Scorpio 2.2 and the Ingenio, so I guess it has to be the 2.2. I hope it comes out soon I have been waiting for it for an year now.
Old 22nd August 2007, 19:25   #159
Team-BHP Support

good news rahulk.. i guess well have to wait a month since thats how long the logan ads were displayed for.
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:28   #160
Senior - BHPian

hope to see this if it's what you say rahulk, than yepiiii....it a teaser for 2.2L cause thats the one in pipeline as for now the MPV is still under testing.
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:36   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
I just happpened to see a Scorpio with a 'M2.2l' badge instead of the regular 2.2crde , any one seen similar ones ?
Where did you see this? Was it a test mule?
Old 22nd August 2007, 23:36   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post

COMING SOON...

SHARPER THAN SOON

Red M logo
I guess the teaser is for motorola with caption as "Sharper than ever".
The red M is like the motorola logo, if i am not mistaken.

Conan
Old 22nd August 2007, 23:47   #163
BHPian

Very much a Motorola Advt.
Old 22nd August 2007, 23:47   #164
BHPian

Hey thats a Motorola ad....not mahindra's

I dont think there will be any teaser for the 2.2l engine....it will be a surprise launch
Old 24th August 2007, 18:56   #165
Senior - BHPian

hey guys.. that's the ad for the new razr.. not scoprio
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks