Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 22:39   #211
Senior - BHPian

I think M&M counts on the fact that it is a different bunch of people that goes in for Tata. Perhaps they don't really see their market being threatened.
Old 5th October 2007, 09:58   #212
Senior - BHPian

I thought someone wrote Diwali earlier, but since there is no official release, all this might be speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
I had enquired with a mahindra showroom guy and he said eagle is expected around feb-mar 08.
In some sense you are right, there are different kinds of people favouring Scorpio and Safari. More for Scorpio I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I think M&M counts on the fact that it is a different bunch of people that goes in for Tata. Perhaps they don't really see their market being threatened.
Old 5th October 2007, 11:33   #213
BHPian

Is this the one??

Economic Times: Article Window

It says it will be launched in india in 3 yrs!!

Regards,
Old 5th October 2007, 18:04   #214
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra is going to decrease the price of the Scoprio with the new variant. Read it on fordindia.blogspot.com
Old 5th October 2007, 19:26   #215
BHPian

I tried a search so this didn't come up, i had heard from a source sometime back that, the eagle engined scorpio will be called the 'Hawk'. Don't know why they are obssesed with birds! And electronics might even include bits like rain sensors etc.
Old 7th October 2007, 18:51   #216
BHPian

So now that the Safari VTT2.2 is out, when can we expect this one to be out? Anyone say before the festive season?
Old 8th October 2007, 18:35   #217
BHPian

Well i guess most people are just glad the Safari 2.2 is out for now and most people don't have the patients to wait for the Scorpio. Well if its cheaper and it handle better than the Safari then i guess this one is worth the wait too.

Any news on when this one is going to be out?

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 8th October 2007 at 18:36.
Old 8th October 2007, 22:31   #218
BHPian

Over-all, its been widely agreed that the scorpio is less of "troublesome" vehicle as compared to the safari. I vouch that out of personal experience and ownership. I personally like the safari, but constant quality-control niggles make the scorpio a sane"r" choice. This is also a major reason for the scorpio gaining more popularity than the safari, and due to which Mahindra are feeling smug, even if the launch is late.
Old 9th October 2007, 08:19   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
Over-all, its been widely agreed that the scorpio is less of "troublesome" vehicle as compared to the safari. I vouch that out of personal experience and ownership. I personally like the safari, but constant quality-control niggles make the scorpio a sane"r" choice. This is also a major reason for the scorpio gaining more popularity than the safari, and due to which Mahindra are feeling smug, even if the launch is late.
My feelings are almost exactly the same, vib.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Old 9th October 2007, 10:08   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Well i guess most people are just glad the Safari 2.2 is out for now and most people don't have the patients to wait for the Scorpio. Well if its cheaper and it handle better than the Safari then i guess this one is worth the wait too.

Any news on when this one is going to be out?

you are joking, right!
Old 9th October 2007, 10:42   #221
Senior - BHPian

Lets not under estimate the Scorpio, it aint selling for nothing + we are already aware that the QC of M&M is better.

If you look at the sales figures you will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
you are joking, right!
Old 9th October 2007, 11:06   #222
BHPian

i think scorpio will be on par with or even better than the safari 2.2
lets wait n see...whats in store...
any updates on scorpio launch??
Old 9th October 2007, 13:56   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
you are joking, right!
When i said "it handles better" i meant the Scorpio engine is always better than the Safaris, more perky and more powerful. But i certainly didn't mean that the Scorpio handles better on road, the safari is way better in terms of comfort,safety and over all handling. If not for the Scorpios bad track record on going turtle, i would say the Scorpio is better but its not.

P.S. Any news on this front?

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 9th October 2007 at 13:59.
Old 9th October 2007, 14:24   #224
BHPian

Ok, i just spoke with my dealer here in Chennai, he sounded sure that it will be released next month and he told me to definitely wait. So good news on this front.

If its released i may be going in for the Scorpio instead of the Safari, simply because i am buying an SUV for touring the places i wanted to see for many years. So i am afraid if i buy a Safari it would attract to much attention, if say i go into a small village and all the village folk looking at me as if i have committed a crime by buying such a flashy vehicle. You know how these people look when a car goes through a small village! It freaks me out and i get all guilty inside. The Scorpio on the other hand is quite common these days and hope to maintain a sort of low profile and not attract to much attention, that would be missing the point of the peaceful road trip. More over its supposed to be cheaper by 2 or 3 lakhs right?

Does anyone agree?!
Old 9th October 2007, 14:29   #225
BHPian

not quite right, i guess. i believe scorpio is priced about 25-30k rs. less than the safari. not sure about the price difference at micro level among the models though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Ok, i just spoke with my dealer here in Chennai, he sounded sure that it will be released next month and he told me to definitely wait. So good news on this front.

If its released i may be going in for the Scorpio instead of the Safari, simply because i am buying an SUV for touring the places i wanted to see for many years. So i am afraid if i buy a Safari it would attract to much attention, if say i go into a small village and all the village folk looking at me as if i have committed a crime by buying such a flashy vehicle. You know how these people look when a car goes through a small village! It freaks me out and i get all guilty inside. The Scorpio on the other hand is quite common these days and hope to maintain a sort of low profile and not attract to much attention, that would be missing the point of the peaceful road trip. More over its supposed to be cheaper by 2 or 3 lakhs right?

Does anyone agree?!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks