Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 15:11   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Ok here comes the latest.

The scorpio was supposed to be launched on 15th Sept 07, now its postponed to Diwali & the source says its confirmed for Diwali but no dates announced.

Safari's launch was the reason to postpone scorpio's launch as per source.

Will update as the news flows....

The dealers confirm of Diwali launch & also confirmed by Tata guys.

Tata guys have this information because of competition.

There is a new Mahindra showroom getting ready on Bannerghatta road & they are set to open it by Diwali.... Hope the new scorpio will be their first vehicle in the showroom.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:19   #227
Senior - BHPian

Thats good info...

Let the Competition Begin.......the consumers will always win

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
The dealers confirm of Diwali launch & also confirmed by Tata guys.

Tata guys have this information because of competition.

There is a new Mahindra showroom getting ready on Bannerghatta road & they are set to open it by Diwali.... Hope the new scorpio will be their first vehicle in the showroom.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:33   #228
BHPian

When is Dewali?
Old 9th October 2007, 16:34   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
When is Dewali?
9th November (20 characters)
Old 9th October 2007, 19:14   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Ok, i just spoke with my dealer here in Chennai, he sounded sure that it will be released next month and he told me to definitely wait. So good news on this front.

If its released i may be going in for the Scorpio instead of the Safari, simply because i am buying an SUV for touring the places i wanted to see for many years. So i am afraid if i buy a Safari it would attract to much attention, if say i go into a small village and all the village folk looking at me as if i have committed a crime by buying such a flashy vehicle. You know how these people look when a car goes through a small village! It freaks me out and i get all guilty inside. The Scorpio on the other hand is quite common these days and hope to maintain a sort of low profile and not attract to much attention, that would be missing the point of the peaceful road trip. More over its supposed to be cheaper by 2 or 3 lakhs right?

Does anyone agree?!
Dear Monster_BHP,
who said the Scorpio is going to be cheaper by 2-3 lacs ?

Are you kidding ? Scorpio has always been expensive that the Safari.

PS : You must seriously consider buying the new 2.2 L Dicor. Anyway, its your money and your decision
Old 9th October 2007, 21:09   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Dear Monster_BHP,
who said the Scorpio is going to be cheaper by 2-3 lacs ?

Are you kidding ? Scorpio has always been expensive that the Safari.

PS : You must seriously consider buying the new 2.2 L Dicor. Anyway, its your money and your decision
Yah i know the Scorpio costs as much if not more than the Safari but i heard the new variant is supposed to cut cost by atleast 1 lakh minimum.

Anyways i have been comparing both cars, i thought the Safari was way heavier than the Scorpio and so it would have problems getting bogged down in sand or mud but looks like the Scorpio is also a 2tonner! and so not much of a difference. I guess i will go for the Safari it should be more comfortable at least.

P.S. This is precisely why i try to avoid buying expensive cars, people in our country are too judgmental, i am going for it anyway, at least i can run them over with the Safari.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:38   #232
Senior - BHPian

Safety measurements

Will the new Scorpio include
1. Airbags
2. Alloy wheels
and 3. ABS? ..atleast in the higherend model?

Safari have them all, for a little higher price.
Old 10th October 2007, 00:00   #233
BHPian

Quote:
agbenny wrote:
Will the new Scorpio include
1. Airbags
2. Alloy wheels
and 3. ABS? ..atleast in the higherend model?
I'm sure its going to have ABS but I don't think it will have airbags. Also, I think it will come with cruise control.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:07   #234
BHPian

Yeah been hearing about it getting launched in Nov.. but need to know which year 2007 or 2008 or 09!! list of goodies have drool quotient..but only if get to see it in metal ! the kind of discussions that happened over Safari 2.2 on this forum definitely raised expectations and anxiety. Lets keep our expectations under control and then perhaps we will like the new eagle or hawk! a lil more I guess.
Anyone has any concrete info on this ..kindly, share.
Old 11th October 2007, 00:10   #235
BHPian

mods plz don't delete this post. when i sold my 2006 scorpio this year , heard from service technician that spare parts of the new scorpio have already reached the service centres. the new scorpio has revised interiors like new a/c vents. the windscreen washer tank is located in the left front fender or quarter panel. it comes with abs and airbags with additional more features. no change in interior space though. the car had come to the service centre for regular servicing as extensive tests were being carried out. launch date is expected around diwali or november end.
Old 11th October 2007, 00:31   #236
BHPian

the new scorpio also has a zero play soupposedly light clutch. this same clutch assembly was fitted on my scorpio too. thanx.
Old 11th October 2007, 10:48   #237
BHPian

On going through the posts and 1st impressions of the safari 2.2, the scorpio will have to pull up its socks. The report of the safari 2.2 is quite good, with high level of refinement being accorded with the vehicle. I guess we all are eagerly awaiting the launch of the scorpio to finally decide where we spend our "moohlah". May the best vehicle win. cheers:

Also, I feel good about how the vehicles have improved. 5 yrs back... and now. They dont feel as crude anymore. Infact the driving is almost car like, while still retaining the SUV'ness about them.
Old 11th October 2007, 11:19   #238
BHPian

What and When -- any news?

Hope and patience all these are considered to be virtues which go hand in hand but what to do with portedheads here!! I am losing my patience and no dealer here is giving any optimistic news.
M & M wake up guys, at least release some info. News article in Sept was so mouthwatering and now such a deadly silence..huh. After going through the song and dance sequence on the threads for Safari 2.2, I feel a lot more can be done here. guys come on please, egg on the M& M guys, even anyone is in know and lets know whats happening. At least release info and equipment list including that tyre pressure monitor and reverse guide cams or sensors, seat height adjustments, leathers etc.
Any confirmation on auto tranny? It will help us guys who commute in this dead slow traffic from Prabhadevi to New Mumbai through Chembur. its such a pain in the @@@@ and there is no SUV this side of CRV available here with auto transmission. Though light clutch is a solace, auto is nirvana!
And hello, plz dont spread rumors of 120 bhp, plz let it remain 140 else, it will be bang my head kinda feeling
Old 11th October 2007, 12:07   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
its such a pain in the @@@@ and there is no SUV this side of CRV available here with auto transmission. Though light clutch is a solace, auto is nirvana!
There is - the Grand Vitara
Old 11th October 2007, 12:13   #240
BHPian

oh yeah Suman ! thanks for pointing out. I had gone for TD.. its cheaper but only petrol engined like CRV and when compared with CRV doesnt match up at all in specs as per sheet. GV is off my radar as I didnt get the "Feel it" experience unlike that I found in CRV, Safari & Scorpio. GV is so much car like though interiors are definitely so good and overall , its very refined in fit and finish. Still somehow didnt find it appealing as at least I should be able to live with it for 2-3 years and then dispose at a sensible price where GV gets hit in my assessment. whats your opinion @ suman.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed