Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 14:28   #241

the crv,though an auto box is a soft roader and will never give you the feel that a scorpio will give you...neither will the grand vitara...though they are both magnificent cars...
Old 11th October 2007, 14:51   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
GV is off my radar as I didnt get the "Feel it" experience unlike that I found in CRV, Safari & Scorpio. whats your opinion @ suman.
I'm surprised because the Safari-lover or the Scorpio-lover (typically) would be a different breed from the CRV-lover .

My answer to you was more in reply to your specific lament about the lack of the Auto box on anything other than the CRV.
Old 11th October 2007, 15:13   #243
BHPian

I agree with you Suman and thats why probably somehow I am still undecided. The handsome profile with projector lamps and auto tranny lured me to CRV and I kind of drifted towards it when I was checking Civic AT for regular commute. but for the price and worse the FE ( in petrol) , better sense prevailed upon me given my current financial affordability and heavy usage. Both Safari and Scorpio are in their own league but been delaying the decision waiting for the much discussed 2.2. Since, Safari is out , I still wish to try and check out scorpio before, making the decision. It has been a painful and long wait now. Just hoping that someone here among us, has some concrete info very soon. My cheque is ready!!
Old 11th October 2007, 15:42   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I'm surprised because the Safari-lover or the Scorpio-lover (typically) would be a different breed from the CRV-lover .
You're right Suman. Safari/ Scorpio 'types' don't look at CRVs and Auto-boxes. I don't blame you.
Old 12th October 2007, 23:09   #245
BHPian

Quote:
There is - the Grand Vitara
i feel it needs an engine swap.. maybe the new scorpio's 2.2?
Old 12th October 2007, 23:27   #246

hmm...guys believe me..THE WAIT WILL BE WORTH IT...if it is not worth it...u can hunt me down ...DEAL???

That is all i can say at this moment....lol
Old 13th October 2007, 08:26   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
hmm...guys believe me..THE WAIT WILL BE WORTH IT...if it is not worth it...u can hunt me down ...DEAL???

That is all i can say at this moment....lol
Unless they have fixed their suspension issues, no matter what they have done with the engine, it is still not worth it. Scorpio doesn't have any engine related issues, it is the ride and handling that drives people mad.
Old 13th October 2007, 09:28   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
.. it is the ride and handling that drives people mad.
Amazing how many people want to get mad and buy Scorpios.
Perhaps that's why road rage has been on the rise?
Old 13th October 2007, 10:11   #249
BHPian

I think the handling part of the scorpio is a bit over-blown out of proportions.

In real world driving sitiuations (what 98% of the population goes through everyday), the ride and handling of the scorpio is quite acceptable.

I am saying this out of personal expeirence of having owned two SUV's (the safari and the scorpio).

Also the positives of the scorpio far outweigh the negatives it might have. The brisk sales of the vehicle and the fact that it single handedly took Mahindra out of the doldrums is proof enough.

Metal for metal, it is one of the most value for money vehicles one can buy today.

Let me stress, that I am not a Scorpio fanboy. Though a huge fan of the Safari, and cant wait for the "sorted" version of its 2.2L
Old 13th October 2007, 11:07   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
I think the handling part of the scorpio is a bit over-blown out of proportions.

In real world driving sitiuations (what 98% of the population goes through everyday), the ride and handling of the scorpio is quite acceptable.

I am saying this out of personal expeirence of having owned two SUV's (the safari and the scorpio).

Also the positives of the scorpio far outweigh the negatives it might have. The brisk sales of the vehicle and the fact that it single handedly took Mahindra out of the doldrums is proof enough.

Metal for metal, it is one of the most value for money vehicles one can buy today.

Let me stress, that I am not a Scorpio fanboy. Though a huge fan of the Safari, and cant wait for the "sorted" version of its 2.2L
well said Vibez, I have driven both, scorpio for 3.5 years and safari for 1 yr, I did not find any problem with the scorpio, infact I used to often take it close to 145 kmph and once I had a tyre puncture at close to 130 kmph and it did swagger a little bit, but if you know your vehicle you can handle it very well, I dont think it has any problems, if you want to drive it like a 40-50 lakh car and expect that kind of handling, well for sure that is not there.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:12   #251
BHPian

@Samurai. thanks for valuable comments. I also read this in the Autocar mentioning the same thing that 'sadly suspension and handling are not changed' this means that it is an acknowledged fact. I have test driven Scorpio Safari Endeavour and GV and honestly in slow traffic and start stop kind of traffic felt best in GV and then Scorpio. Given the price points, Scorpio was definitely much confidence inspiring, though cant say the same about highways. Your feedback is guiding me to consider Safari 2.2 and perhaps, I may finally decide it today itself. Only hitch is that in VX , I hate that ICE that too with no option for 2 Din audio and worse is the non availability of ABS & EBD in EX models. I would have not been so confused if I had option of EX with ABS & EBD... gosh its so confusing. It is avoid- avoid conflict and really not spoilt for choices which many of us may like to believe given the options and variants. Endeavour not an option because of the very long play of clutch pedal and awkward seating position without any seat adjusters. Safari has all the desirable options in EX incl 4*4, except ABS & EBD not being available. I am not into serious off roading but still want to get a feel of 4*4 somewhat like why we buy a 3/4 BHK despite we live in mostly bedroom/ tv rooms!! What say.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:14   #252
BHPian

Quote:
There is - the Grand Vitara
Woa! Grand Vitara, well i still think that CR rules the roost.

The sales figures say so.
Old 15th October 2007, 15:31   #253
BHPian

Had a talk with M&M guy yesterday, it seems the eagle will soar only after a month or two, it will surely be in this year itself. It seems they have some issues that they are ironing out. Dont ask me what they are because he refused to talk about it but according to him Tata has the same issues and they still went ahead with the launch.
Old 15th October 2007, 17:40   #254
BHPian

Forgot to mention, few features that he talked about that will be available in the new scorpio are as follows.

1. Automatic Transmission
2. Cruise Control
3. Tyre Pressure warning.
4. Rain sensors for wipers.
5. Volume control on steering.

I guess it is worth the wait if you are thinking of a safari 2.2
Old 15th October 2007, 18:04   #255
BHPian

Thank God. Finally this thread is at least breathing. Any idea as to what is likely to be the torque and power. Auto likely to be four or five speed or CVT? Is it likely to have manual over rides like H Matic or paddle shifts?
Any info will be appreciated.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks