Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2022, 11:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Audi Q3 & Q3 Sportback India launch around Diwali 2022

3rd-gen Audi Q3 bookings open in India

Audi has opened the order books for the third generation Q3 in India. Customers can book the car by paying a token amount of Rs. 2,00,000. Deliveries are expected to start towards the end of this year.

Scoop! Audi Q3 & Q3 Sportback India launch around Diwali 2022-new-audi-q3.jpg

The new Audi Q3 is based on the VW Group’s MQB platform. At the front, the SUV gets a large hexagonal grille and redesigned LED headlamps, while the rear features wraparound LED tail lamps and redesigned front and rear bumpers.

The Q3 gets a refreshed interior with a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster and a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. The SUV comes equipped with a panoramic sunroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, power front seats with 4-way lumbar support, sliding rear seats, ambient lighting and a powered tailgate.

Scoop! Audi Q3 & Q3 Sportback India launch around Diwali 2022-new-audi-q3-one-pager.jpg

The Q3 is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 187 BHP @ 4,200-6,000 rpm and 320 Nm @ 1,500-4,100 rpm. The engine is paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and Audi’s Quattro all-wheel drive system.

Audi claims the Q3 can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 7.3 seconds and has a top speed of 222 km/h.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 11th August 2022 at 11:05.
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:10   #17
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. So, there is no sportback model?
Old 11th August 2022, 11:37   #18
BHPian

If priced well, this car has the potential to turnaround Audi's fortunes in India. It is just the right size for a premium urban SUV. I would be happy with a OTR price hovering around 50 lakhs for top variant. Better price it well than follow up with discounts.
DonHyd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Why would you pick this over the recently launched GLA which is much more luxurious and comes with a powerful and efficient diesel engine to boot?
GLA220d AMG Line is the only GLA variant which is worth buying. GLA200 and GLA200d are complete waste of money as they have only 156 hp engines and they are FWD ones. Meanwhile the Q3 might get 190hp 2.0 TFSI with Quattro (front biased one). That one will seriously eat the GLA200 and the X1 20i in it's breakfast. X1 is outdated, FWD and is the worst BMW in terms of driving experience .

But, honestly speaking, all the entry level models from the German trio are not worth buying at all. They are compromised models which offer only the badge value and nothing else. Mainstream SUVs and sedans like the Fortuner, Tuscon, Meridian, Kodiaq, C5, Superb and Camry make far more sense than the entry level models from the German trio.
IREV is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 14:13   #20
BHPian

GLA in person, looks less matured than Q3 or BMW, at least for me, for a mini SUV/Crossover. If in market for the luxury experience, one will understand what I mean. GLA at almost 57 lakhs, it is not worth that money except for the interior quality. Engine, especially the Diesel one lacks the punch of either Volvo or the X1. This is all my perceptions after a 30 minutes or less test drives in a not so open roads. Still I would rate X1, Q3, XC40 and GLA in that order, from the driving experience perspective. From brand perspective, GLA, X1, Q3, XC40. From interior point of view, GLA, XC40, Q3, X1.
sgmuser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 21:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREV View Post
GLA220d AMG Line is the only GLA variant which is worth buying. GLA200 and GLA200d are complete waste of money as they have only 156 hp engines and they are FWD ones. Meanwhile the Q3 might get 190hp 2.0 TFSI with Quattro (front biased one). That one will seriously eat the GLA200 and the X1 20i in it's breakfast. X1 is outdated, FWD and is the worst BMW in terms of driving experience .

This would all be true if you are comparing the last gen GLA instead of the current gen. The last gen was basically a rebadged renault/nissan and felt both cheap and underpowered.

The current gen is the H247 (launched in India in 2021) which is drastically different and much better than its predecessor. For starters it comes with a 160hp petrol engine and the diesel variants are only available in 220D variants only which come with 190hp and 400nm of torque. The petrol engines are still made by renault but the diesel engines are made by mercedes itself and are the same as the one found in the GLC 220d, the C 220d and the E 220d so I would only consider the diesel.

The 4matic variant gets the AWD offroad package along with, surprisingly, the amg kit. Its surprisingly well equipped compared to bigger models, with all variants geting auto parking, front and rear parking sensors with rear camera, radar based auto braking, memory seats (some of these are not even present in the GLC and GLE 300D) It also gets the large wide screen like the E class which looks amazing.

As for driving it, I drove both the A class sedan as well as the GLA both petrol and diesel. The GLA had way more body roll than the sedan but it was also more comfortable and less cramped + it gets a second sunroof and I'm a sucker for that. The diesel is noticeably quicker than petrol and the GLA 220d was a hoot to drive. Both the engine and gearbox are tuned pretty well. I would say the GLA is a better buy than the outdated GLC which will get replaced next year.

The X1 is completely outdated and the new model should be out next year. It is however, surprisingly fun to drive for a FWD. The car picks up pace very quick and I liked driving it more than the 320LD that I drove which was RWD and had the same engine Perhaps it's just the way it is tuned. The 320LD is way ahead of it in features and and interior though.

All the cars I mention driving were in this year itself as I am still looking for an upgrade. So it should be up to date. As much as I liked the GLA, I just couldn't convince myself to spend 62l onroad for an entry level Mercedes.

I'm surprised to see you hold a grudge against FWDs considering Audis are the only luxury brand which doesn't offer any RWD cars except their flagship R8.

Quote:
But, honestly speaking, all the entry level models from the German trio are not worth buying at all. They are compromised models which offer only the badge value and nothing else. Mainstream SUVs and sedans like the Fortuner, Tuscon, Meridian, Kodiaq, C5, Superb and Camry make far more sense than the entry level models from the German trio.
The Tucson, Superb and Camry makes sense when comparing to entry level luxury cars but the rest of them

Last edited by Cresterk : 12th August 2022 at 21:34.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 21:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I'm surprised to see you hold a grudge against FWDs considering Audis are the only luxury brand which doesn't offer any RWD cars except their flagship R8.
I'm against FWD SUVs only. I'd support FWD sedans as well but not FWD SUVs at all. FWD makes sense from sedans rather than SUVs. In fact, I'd pick the FWD A6 over the RWD E class anyday but not the case when it comes to SUVs. I'd pick the Fortuner RWD over the FWD X1 anyday.

Also, Audi's platform is such that they can't RWD drivetrain. They can accommodate FWD or AWD only. I already said that only GLA220D AmG line is worth buying. However, it doesn't get parking sensors (some units do get them) which is ridiculous for a 60 lakh rupee car from Mercedes-Benz.

It's not just the GLA, I wouldn't recommend any entry level German luxury car. Period. If I am okay with the used luxury car fiasco, I'd rather get a pre owned 3er or 5er or A6 or E class over any entry level German luxury anyday or else I'd rather save and get the Kodiaq, Meridian, Tuscon, Fortuner or Tiguan over them anyday if I want a new car. I'd still consider the overpriced Fortuner Legender better than the GLA, X1 and Q3.

Last edited by IREV : 12th August 2022 at 21:44.
IREV is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 22:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREV View Post
I already said that only GLA220D AmG line is worth buying. However, it doesn't get parking sensors (some units do get them) which is ridiculous for a 60 lakh rupee car from Mercedes-Benz.
\.

Well I don't know what to say to that except you are just wrong.

All MY2022 GLAs come with front parking sensors along with park assist and front radar based braking. From the 55l onroad petrol to the 62l 4matic. Here is a link to the brochure if you dont believe me : https://request.mercedes-benz.co.in/...s-Benz-GLA.pdf

Quote:
I'd still consider the overpriced Fortuner Legender better than the GLA, X1 and Q3.
So you would rather pay 6-7l more for a bodykit and some aftermarket looking lights? Why not just get the regular 4x4.

I would also rather get a FWD or 4wd suv since they can climb over obstacles easier and a powerful RWD sedan since they can take corners better / even slide around a bit if I'm looking for some thrills. But these are subjective so you are entitled to your opinion.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 22:42   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly GLA vs Q3 is a tough comparison.

The Q3 feels younger and sportier, will most likely be better equipped as has been the case with Audi and Mercedes, and lower on maintenance as well in my experience with better build quality (these new generation Mercs just feel very creaky).

The Mercedes will have its old school charm and the advantage of a diesel engine and the three pointed star on the hood.

It's a tough choice but the Q3 may be a better pick for those who want a petrol and the GLA for those who like their diesels.

The biggest rival to these cars however are the Kodiaq, Tiguan, and Tucson : which offer equally good ride and handling, similar powerplants, feature loaded, and a lot more bigger on the inside.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 18:25   #25
BHPian

Latest updates from my SA:

Launch due next month, price reveal expected at the same time. (Expected pricing 47-52L OTR Kolkata).
200 Bookings received so far, pan India. (Don't think it's true ). The launch offer is valid for the first 500 customers.

Current Ex-showroom prices:
BMW X1 Top Spec Petrol is 43.5L, Diesel is 44.5L
Volvo XC40 Petrol is 44.5L
Merc GLA Petrol is 44.9L, Diesel FWD is 46.4L and 4Matic is 48.9L.
I believe the Audi Q3 Premium Plus should be 42.9L
and Technology should be 45.9L.

Can someone please clarify, what is "FBU"? Earlier my SA had informed me that the initial lot of the Q3 will be CBU. But what's FBU?

Scoop! Audi Q3 & Q3 Sportback India launch around Diwali 2022-download.jpg

Scoop! Audi Q3 & Q3 Sportback India launch around Diwali 2022-download-1.jpg

Scoop! Audi Q3 & Q3 Sportback India launch around Diwali 2022-download-2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 19th August 2022 at 13:42. Reason: Watermarks added
sampadroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 18:40   #26
BHPian

FBU - fully built-Up
mgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 12:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Seems well equipped and can be a great alternative to the aging X1 if priced reasonably. If comfort key means keyless entry, then that's already something extra both mercedes and bmw doesn't offer in this segment. Only Volvo offers keyless entry on all segments for some reason.
Old 19th August 2022, 12:27   #28
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Can someone please clarify, what is "FBU"? Earlier my SA had informed me that the initial lot of the Q3 will be CBU. But what's FBU?
  • FBU: Fully-built-unit same as CBU
  • NF: Nachfolger (German)-Successor (English)
  • Since this is the second generation
Why are they bringing up CBU Q3? Who will absorb such high custom duties, or is their CEO going to cry again about how high taxes are in India? The pricing strategy shouldn’t be the same as Q2, else Q3 could be DoA to be followed by hefty discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
So they don’t have a 360 view camera, ventilated front seats, DCC, branded sound system? Isn’t Skoda Kodiaq L&K a better deal than this, given that they share the same platform?

Last edited by pqr : 19th August 2022 at 12:28.
pqr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 12:42   #29
BHPian

What is wrong with VW Group Marketing team in India? There is absolutely no effort made my them to depict the right model on their landing page. They did same with Tiguan launch. All left hand drive pictures used (even in configurator). Just look at the nice alloys used on display picture but when you actually try to configure, you get the reality . Asking for 2L booking amount but not even ready to do due diligence to give right experience while booking.

Also, if this is going to be CBU/FBU, I'm pretty sure it would be Dead on Arrival. Audi has lost its brand value to other 2 giants due to challenges within company and dealer network and I'm really not sure how much premium customers would be ready to pay.

Landing page alloys:
Name:  Screenshot 20220819 at 12.35.21 PM.png
Views: 567
Size:  567.8 KB

Actual alloys for Indian variant(seen in 360/Configurator):
Name:  Screenshot 20220819 at 12.37.16 PM.png
Views: 566
Size:  578.5 KB

Last edited by neel911 : 19th August 2022 at 12:45.
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 12:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

^^
Such ugly looking alloys, hard to believe on a premium product.
Q3 is a solid all-rounder, but this CBU strategy is really hard to understand.
I was actually interested in the new Q3 but looks I will have to give it a pass.
Waiting for the new X1 (expected 2023) might be a better idea, since I am in no hurry.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks