Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 15:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: 2nd-gen Maruti S-Cross India launch in 2022. Or just an update to 1st-gen?

Suzuki debuted the second-generation S-Cross in the European market late last year. Now, the new S-Cross may be on its way to India.

Rumour: 2nd-gen Maruti S-Cross India launch in 2022. Or just an update to 1st-gen?-suzuki_scross_001.jpg

Rumours suggest that Maruti Suzuki might be looking to launch the 2022 S-Cross in April or May 2022. According to some dealers, it's all but confirmed and some dealerships have even started taking pre-bookings.

We've been told that the new S-Cross is already being put through its paces here in India. While the European model gets a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine paired with a 48 V mild-hybrid system, in India, we might get the same 1.5-litre mild-hybrid engine as the outgoing model.

Rumour: 2nd-gen Maruti S-Cross India launch in 2022. Or just an update to 1st-gen?-suzuki_scross_006.jpg

The 2022 S-Cross features a bolder looking front fascia with a large grille flanked by a set of LED headlights. The heavily revised rear end now features L-shaped tail lamp clusters with a glossy black plastic strip in the centre.

Inside, the S-Cross gets a redesigned centre console that houses a 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, dual-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof and heated seats.

Rumour: 2nd-gen Maruti S-Cross India launch in 2022. Or just an update to 1st-gen?-suzuki_scross_016.jpg

Advanced safety features like traffic sign recognition, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring and a 360-degree camera are unlikely to be offered in the Indian S-Cross.

Thanks to Ravishankar for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 8th March 2022 at 16:01.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 16:13   #2
BHPian

re: Rumour: 2nd-gen Maruti S-Cross India launch in 2022. Or just an update to 1st-gen?

Have we seen any test vehicles on the Indian roads yet? I'm surprised to hear the launch timeline being this soon, especially since Brezza and Baleno were spotted long before.
Skorp_Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 16:31   #3
BHPian

re: Rumour: 2nd-gen Maruti S-Cross India launch in 2022. Or just an update to 1st-gen?

I hope that this time around it comes with all the features that we see in the European Version. Dual Zone AC, Proper Sunroof, 6 Airbags, Basic ADAS et all.

It is going to be a crowded lineup by Maruti, for SUV Buyers in the 10-15 Lakh range.
Baleno Cross, Brezza, XL6, S-Cross, Creta Rival (Vitara) and Jimny.
umohan98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 16:57   #4
BHPian

The S-Cross really has good potential to garner good numbers for MSIL, I hope they pack it to the gills with features and Have a soild focus on Stronger, Safer cars, Just do this and you'll have some amazing sales numbers to compete with Hyundai and Tata in the segment.
JShah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 17:20   #5
BHPian

As new creta, Kia seltos round the corner with updates. This segment will surely be the space to watch out for in coming months.

In their earlier avtaar creta after that seltos just destroyed S cross. Keen to see what happens now when S cross comes loaded with features to fight the twins followed by the Toyota partnership model which would coming in festive season.
007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 17:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Any word on the gearbox? If not new engine give us new AT, at least!
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 17:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

The XLified front and Taigunized rear end isn't to my liking considering the classy and BMWesque front and the plain rear on sale currently.
But if MSIL brings the 1.4 TC, the above shall be forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Any word on the gearbox? If not new engine give us new AT, at least!
It should be the 6AT being discussed in the new Brezza since they share the powertrain, even now.

Last edited by shancz : 8th March 2022 at 17:32. Reason: add reply
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 17:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
The XLified front and Taigunized rear end isn't to my liking considering the classy and BMWesque front and the plain rear on sale currently.
But if MSIL brings the 1.4 TC, the above shall be forgotten

It should be the 6AT being discussed in the new Brezza since they share the powertrain, even now.
While I agree with you on the rear, the new front is so much better than than the oversized moustache that the current Scross flaunts.

While irrational (knowing MSIL) I hope they bring in the euro-spec car - Hybrid + AWD option + Pano sunroof + 360 camera - and even if the price jumps to Seltos/Creta/Astor territory
Transmission is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
- While I agree with you on the rear, the new front is so much better than than the oversized moustache that the current Scross flaunts.

- While irrational (knowing MSIL) I hope they bring in the euro-spec car - Hybrid + AWD option + Pano sunroof + 360 camera - and even if the price jumps to Seltos/Creta/Astor territory
- That's why looks are subjective and clearly more people will side with you than me, going by the current sales

- They would bring all of those except the Hybrid and AWD since our market is feature focussed and honestly none of the competition offer either of those. This is what makes me believe that we'll still see the 1.5NA with SHVS but 6AT since the Brezza is also getting the same.

A good, capable and a very comfortable car to have anyway, not sure if it would still be our Transformer though
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 19:00   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Well I don’t get it!

If Maruti-Toyota are coming out with the YFG-D22 mid-sized SUVs to rival the Creta, then will the S-Cross be the cheaper rival for the Creta E, EX, S variants meanwhile YFG will take on the Creta SX and SX(O)?

ACI’s article in Jan 2022 had mentioned this:
Quote:
After the market response to the Maruti Suzuki S cross over its life cycle, the brand wants to be sure of a stronger showing with its next midsize SUV entry. It’s no surprise, then, that the brand would go down this route rather than simply introduce the new-gen Suzuki S cross to India, which though far more upmarket, still has the look of a hunkered down crossover, rather than an SUV, and thus would likely suffer the same image problem here.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...in-2022-423216

Suzuki’s future models:

Rumour: 2nd-gen Maruti S-Cross India launch in 2022. Or just an update to 1st-gen?-1cd4987b3ef24c6abf1f82c1af3c6981.jpeg

Rumour: 2nd-gen Maruti S-Cross India launch in 2022. Or just an update to 1st-gen?-3135b5e58a47412c90dffab0083d8eec.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 8th March 2022 at 19:20.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:45   #11
BHPian

Just another hypothetical question,
Will there be a Toyota SCross as well, if it makes it to India?
Old 8th March 2022, 21:59   #12
BHPian

I will be very very surprised if the heavily re-worked S-Cross makes it to India by April/May 2022. If this was planned then surely we would have seen pictures of the test mules in various forums and websites by now!
Old 8th March 2022, 22:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Seems unlikely. Even I was hoping to see the new S-Cross here but it doesn't even seem to be on the cards for 2022 (as stated by a source who works in Maruti). What we might get is some kind of update for the existing S-Cross. Not another facelift but some features list updates.
Tushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 22:38   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Seems unlikely. Even I was hoping to see the new S-Cross here but it doesn't even seem to be on the cards for 2022 (as stated by a source who works in Maruti). What we might get is some kind of update for the existing S-Cross. Not another facelift but some features list updates.
+1
Not slated for India in 2022.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 22:42   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems unlikely. No test mule spotted yet, no service or sales training, even production hasn't begun. There is a news of MSIL billing S Cross aggressively this month, and it seems more like inventory clearance but it's also March, thus this news of new S Cross launching in April seems anticipatory and not factual.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks