Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2022, 10:30   #391
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

The way to price lower is to remove all the extra creature comfort frills insides the car and focus on the real requirements of safety, sturdiness and reliability. But this will not be accepted in India. Maruti and Hyundai focus on on interiors and give safety and sturdiness a miss. Toyota learnt a tough lesson with Etios (NCAP 4). It fills all tick marks for what a basic car should be and was attractively priced at 8 lacs on the road for the top petrol variant. Inflation adjusted it was cheaper than my 2006 top end Getz. Mind you this was being compared with Swift Dzire which I think was priced higher. When I bought it I compared with Honda city that priced at Rs 12+ lacs and the question in mind was if I was willing to pay 4 lacs more for those interior features. The answer for me was clearly no. I am still very happy with my choice and will probably drive it till I find no compelling reason in terms of safety, govt regulations, or cost of ownership etc.

[ sorry if this is off-topic for this thread, posted since I wanted to put few words on pricing]
kotirajendra is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 10:44   #392
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
In the words of the person "the maruti engine is no hybrid in front of the new engine by Toyota". According to him, the engine (1.5) is expected to give very high mileage of 25+ in regular usage. He hinted its closer to camry than brezza in terms of hybridness, don't know what it means.

He also said that the 2.0 engine will be as powerful as Crysta engine.
If the 2.0L is going to be the strong hybrid and it's gonna be as powerful as the Innova Crysta then I see 2 cases.

1. 2.4 Diesel (147hp) equivalent would be the Toyota M20A-FXS Hybrid from the European C-HR Hybrid and Corolla Hybrid as that makes about 150hp.

2. 2.7 Petrol (162hp) equivalent would be difficult to pin down as most of the Toyota 2.0 Hybrid engines make about 160-175hp but I feel like it could also be the same Toyota M20A-FXS Hybrid as that makes 171hp in the Euro spec FWD Corolla Cross.
Old 26th June 2022, 11:11   #393
BHPian

Considering all the hybrid tech that is being advertised, coupled with creature comforts that are almost mandatory in new launches like Pano Sunroof, ventilated seats etc and the premium Toyota charges for its reliability, pricing will be more in line with likes of Harrier than Seltos/Creta.
KuvamBansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 11:38   #394
Senior - BHPian

Well, Suzuki’s Vitara or Toyota’s UC HY will surely make a mark, but, I feel they are not there yet to make a dent in terms of providing wide array of engine options like the Koreans do. Toyota and Suzuki will pair their cars to a mild & full hybrid variants respectively with just one single petrol engine. Koreans have both diesel & petrol engines mated to a variety of transmissions.

Nevertheless, it’ll be nice to see fresh faces on the block.
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 14:23   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Vitara with K15C mild hybrid engine and 6AT transmission at 22 lacs OTR will not dent Hyundai/ Kia . The same combination will be available in lower segment Brezza .

They should put this powertrain combination against Seltos IVT max at 18 lacs OTR .

And, they should put strong hybrid variant max at 22 lacs OTR against top variants of Koreans.

Toyota is going to do Toyota and ask for premium. Hoping that Suzuki variants will be sanely priced.
Top end XL6 AT sells for I think 17L here in Bangalore so essentially a 5 seater with similar form factor should sell around about same ballpark. Stuff like Sunroof, ADAS can potentially increase the price but Maruti knows their market well. I am confident they will price it below 20 L on road to bring the fight to creta/seltos. Toyota with strong hybrid might be priced similar to Hyundai diesel. Best thing to do now is wait and watch.

I am hoping these cars come with better safety than the Koreans, it is time we Indians get safer cars
Old 26th June 2022, 14:40   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
-- Toyota and Suzuki will pair their cars to a mild & full hybrid variants respectively with just one single petrol engine. --
Wrong. There will be at least 2 engine options
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 14:51   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Wrong. There will be at least 2 engine options
Yes, one with Suzuki badging on the engine and the other with Toyota
gururajrv is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 14:59   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Yes, one with Suzuki badging on the engine and the other with Toyota
Nope. Will have Suzuki's K15C and Toyota's M15A engines.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 15:06   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any tangible difference between the two engines?
Old 26th June 2022, 15:19   #400
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting! So the choice will between 3 cylinder Toyota (hopefully with better bhp and torque) and 4 cylinder Suzuki.
Old 26th June 2022, 15:44   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Is there any tangible difference between the two engines?
Maruti's engine is 4 cylinder NA 1.5 K series engine whereas Toyota's is a 3 cylinder turbocharged engine with near similar displacement but different power outputs.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 16:55   #402
BHPian

The hottest thread indeed! Providing AWD & Hybrid technology is just a cakewalk for Toyota. They have hugely successful models with these technologies in the global market. Yet, they might have been hesitant in bringing these to the price sensitive Indian market. Times have changed!

Looking at the engine and power figures, I strongly believe that the Hyryder will take cues from Toyota Yaris Cross sold in Japanese, European & Australian markets. The platform might be different though. The latter is built on TNGA (GA-B) platform. The Yaris Cross was spied testing in India earlier in April this year. Incidentally, the predecessor of Yaris Cross was Urban Cruiser in the aforesaid international market.

Fingers crossed on the pricing part!
denny_ace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 17:07   #403
BHPian

Toyota India teased Hyryder connected car tech.

Link :

Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-9c46a1f26b7a4e21bd9fbed277121ab0.jpeg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-63e11ddff46640d0969afa82cbb46e52.jpeg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-89fcb815837c4551a03c6f3c875aaf79.jpeg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-fefcfdca99d7432f828223d6a19b3d12.jpeg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th June 2022 at 09:19. Reason: Hyrder -> Hyryder :)
XRoader_001 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 17:11   #404
BHPian

That head unit resembles very much of the new Baleno IMHO
Hope that they price it reasonably
DevSunit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 17:19   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Maruti's engine is 4 cylinder NA 1.5 K series engine whereas Toyota's is a 3 cylinder turbocharged engine with near similar displacement but different power outputs.
Oh wow, while I don’t like the Toyota’s 3 cylinder bit, but if it’s 1.5 litre and turbo on top of it, it should be much ahead of Maruti 1.5 NA in terms of torque and power delivery and should command a significant premium.

Am I missing something here ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks