Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2022, 17:37   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Maruti's engine is 4 cylinder NA 1.5 K series engine whereas Toyota's is a 3 cylinder turbocharged engine with near similar displacement but different power outputs.
Is the Toyota M15 engine turbocharged? I don't think so. They have maximised the tech as much as possible in the engine, but I guess it is not turbocharged. The smallest turbocharged current engine from Toyota is a 2.4l 4 cylinder (if you excuse the mad GR 1.6l engine)

Think of the M15 engine like the erstwhile Ford 1.5l Dragon engine. Atleast that is what I feel from the reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Toyota india teased Hyrder connected car tech.
A/C buttons and screen from Suzuki. Toyota. Please atleast put your own steering design in this one.
DicKy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 17:42   #407
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Disappointed with the infotainment screen .Was hoping that infotainment screen from Toyota Corolla cross or Yaris cross would make way to this car .
Old 26th June 2022, 17:53   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Maruti's engine is 4 cylinder NA 1.5 K series engine whereas Toyota's is a 3 cylinder turbocharged engine with near similar displacement but different power outputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Is the Toyota M15 engine turbocharged? I don't think so.
One of you is right, hopefully this should be resolved soon

But if Toyota’s engine is a non turbo 3 cylinder, wouldn’t it be disappointing ?
Old 26th June 2022, 17:58   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post

Am I missing something here ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Is the Toyota M15 engine turbocharged?
My bad. I wanted to write that the 3 cylinder engine from Toyota is mated to the full hybrid system.

The teaser shows the inside door handles exactly as that of most of Maruti cars.
Old 26th June 2022, 18:00   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh wow, while I don’t like the Toyota’s 3 cylinder bit, but if it’s 1.5 litre and turbo on top of it, it should be much ahead of Maruti 1.5 NA in terms of torque and power delivery and should command a significant premium.

Am I missing something here ?
Not a turbo charged engine.

The engine is from Toyota's Dynamic force family of engines. A localized version of this engine will first appear in YFG/D22 Hybrid variant.

The 1.5 litre three-cylinder engine is directly derived from the 2.0 litre and 2.5 litre four-cylinder Dynamic Force engines in the larger Toyota models. The 2.0l is speculated to come in the HYcross( the next MUV from Toyota/Suzuki ?)

Key specialties:
-Very high compression-moderated Atkinson cycle engine.
-High-speed combustion, resulting in thermal efficiency over 40%.
-It benefits from measures to friction and mechanical losses; balance module is also fitted to the 1.5 litre engine to reduce engine noise and vibrations.

Summary of this engine:
Quote:
The engine was developed as an engine that is claimed to achieve both driving performance and environmental performance while pursuing high efficiency and low fuel consumption as well as having a "direct feeling, smooth and pleasant acceleration performance".
Fuel Efficiency expected:

@low speeds: 27 -32km/l (GVW 2.4t /Yaris Cross , Suzuki could help to beat it?)
@High speed : 22- 25km/l

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th June 2022 at 18:03.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 18:08   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of you is right, hopefully this should be resolved soon

But if Toyota’s engine is a non turbo 3 cylinder, wouldn’t it be disappointing ?
Makes around 125bhp and 150nm. Pretty good for smaller cars. Then again, if we get this engine, it would be the hybrid version.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 18:11   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Not a turbo charged engine.

The engine is from Toyota's Dynamic force family of engines. A localized version of this engine will first appear in YFG/D22 Hybrid variant.
So, does it mean that this would be superior to the Maruti engine.

Would the Maruti engine also be on Atkinson cycle?

Last edited by ajayc123 : 26th June 2022 at 18:12.
Old 26th June 2022, 18:19   #413
BHPian

Some more teasers from Toyota
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-hy1.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-hy2.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-hy3.jpg

Source
Mumbaiker is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 18:47   #414
BHPian

I don't have any complaint paying a HYer price (vis-a-vis competition) for the reliability you get from a Maruti or a Toyota.

However, Maruti has to do better than the Ertiga/XL6 as far as power output is concerned. The S-Cross 1.6, for instance, could have been a blockbuster but for the atrocious initial pricing.

I hope they keep up to the HYpe to be able to grab the elusive upper mid segment market.
pannags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 18:58   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Some more teasers from Toyota
Significant part sharing from Maruti Suzuki, including the ACC controls, Door knobs, handles, sliders for adjusting the AC vents, touchscreen system.

I am expecting a competitive price here, unlike the true Toyotas.

What Toyota has added to the car is the hybrid engine and e-CVT, that’s about it!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 19:02   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Atkinson cycle with only be used with strong hybrids which means it'll be only for the Toyota 1.5 l 3 cylinder engine which will probably be shared by the top end variants of this vehicle from both Maruti and Toyota.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 19:02   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, does it mean that this would be superior to the Maruti engine.

The Mild Hybrid will use the K15C engine and is not on Atkinson cycle. This Powertrain ( Engine+ GB)will be shared with Toyota.

The Toyota Hybrid system (THS, engine+ battery+ electronics, etc.) will be shared with Maruti Suzuki too in the strong Hybrid variant( Higher variants only).

Staring price of the base variant( mild Hybrid) is speculated to start from ₹ 10.5 lakhs.

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th June 2022 at 19:05.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 19:10   #418
BHPian

Ok, so both brands will use the Toyota 3 cylinder engine for strong hybrid engine and Maruti 4 cylinder engine for mild hybrid, if I get it correctly. Sounds exciting.
Old 26th June 2022, 19:12   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Key specialties:
-Very high compression-moderated Atkinson cycle engine.
-High-speed combustion, resulting in thermal efficiency over 40%.
Will this have constraints such as higher octane petrol etc ? Might be a challenge outside the metros(also the cost will be higher)
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 19:20   #420
BHPian

These teaser videos have a beautiful flute sound, and I could imagine the car climbing the wet hill roads through hairpins and twisties, engulfed in cloud and fog! It must be in sky blue colour. Reliable, good ground clearance (not a massive one that I need to worry at sharp turns), excellent suspension, excellent handling and powerful enough to arrive upto this point from the plains within a good time, safe on highways and spacious from inside, no ergonomic issue ; that's all I need.

Oo hello, it's a Toyota, they will certainly price it 3-5 lakhs more than your budget. There will always remain the constant gap between the cup and your lips. Wake up from your Sunday after-lunch daydream (bhat-ghum is so normal for the bongs!!).

Whatever it is, Toyota should use at least better Switches than Maruti Suzuki. This door opening handle is OK. But rest of the switches look the same from entry level to XL6 of Maruti Suzuki. We do not want to see the same here again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks