Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2022, 11:40   #496
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Just made a booking from this car for Rs. 21,000 at Uttam Toyota. Have been told the booking amount is fully refundable.

Was told by my salesman in the dealership that the car will be priced between 10-15 lakhs ex showroom. Hoping the pricing is on point, give or take a lakh, so that this car comes home soon.

Further details will be made available on 1st July 2022.
Aniket03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:07   #497
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket03 View Post
Just made a booking from this car for Rs. 21,000 at Uttam Toyota. Have been told the booking amount is fully refundable.

Was told by my salesman in the dealership that the car will be priced between 10-15 lakhs ex showroom. Hoping the pricing is on point, give or take a lakh, so that this car comes home soon.

Further details will be made available on 1st July 2022.
Uttam toyota(patparganj) quoted 50k first to me, when I said will not pay that much then said will book for 11k. On asking how will you put booking, was told that will put under urban cruiser as of now and will change to hyryder once official booking open. Galaxy is still quoting 50k and not budging but asking for a PDC.

What have they provided you against the amount?

Last edited by VicksJ : 29th June 2022 at 12:18.
VicksJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:22   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Ice View Post
Unofficial bookings have started. Just booked mine for Rs.11,000.

I now have 2 bookings made (Tucson and Hyryder) - lets hope I land something soon!
In my case, I dont need a car right now but am eagerly waiting for these two - Tucson and Hyryder so I guess we have something in common there.

I am looking for a single car that can keep me satisfied on both city as well as highway drives and hence rule out bulky Scorpio/XUV etc.

I also wish Tucson comes in hybrid mode here as well(very unlikely). Hyryder however will definitely make Kia/Hyundai think hard on Petrol Hybrid but it is very tricky since that will kill their own diesels.
Old 29th June 2022, 12:24   #499
BHPian

My point still stands. As the launch date comes nearer the rumors seem to grow wilder.

Guys chill, only 1 day left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
At this point I wont post anything or take part in media speculation

S-Cross platform or TNGA-B or C platform? Suzuki engine or Toyota engine? Hybrid tech from Toyota or Suzuki? whether it will have a sunroof or ventilated seats or not?

For past two years we have discuses everything we need to discuss and now when the launch is so near I think we can chill out, and wait for the vehicle to be unveiled and the official spec sheets to come out. And then we can start the circus again.
Old 29th June 2022, 12:29   #500
Senior - BHPian

I will wait for Unveil on July 1st and decide whether to book or not.

Have already booked New Tucson (Diesel) and MG ZS (EV). Hybrid Powertrain apart, the overall packaging depends too. I want it to be premium inside and have enough safety features. Toyota cars are well built but this one is based on Suzuki platform, hence body structure should also be good. Fuel efficiency will be segment best.

Pricing under 25 lakhs will do it for me.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:34   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder All-wheel Drive might be Suzuki’s All Grip.

As Jimny is slated for a launch some time next year the AWD could be the All Grip Pro on the YFG/D22.

Link
If it is the K15 engined model, it can be the Suzuki Allgrip, but not sure if it will be the All Grip Pro from Jimny. That is a proper 4x4 system with low range. The D22/YFG may get just the AWD system that the Vitara has.
Old 29th June 2022, 12:36   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Pricing under 25 lakhs will do it for me.
Exaclty, I am with you. I already have a booking for SXO D AT variant of Creta.
I have gone for diesel even my usage is low, due to horrible city FE numbers of Petrol cross overs. I am eagerly waiting for some alternative and HyRyder has good chances to be an alternative for Creta/Seltos in case of attractive pricing. I will change my booking to this car, if the hybrid is around 25 Lakhs OTR.

Last edited by Hickstead : 29th June 2022 at 12:43.
Old 29th June 2022, 12:40   #503
BHPian

When will the prices be revealed? I hope Maruti prices this sensibly in the 10L-15L range. I am looking forward to this launch. Best of luck to Maruti and Toyota.
Old 29th June 2022, 12:43   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Exaclty, I am with you. I already have a booking for SXO D AT variant of Creta.
I have gone for diesel even my usage is low, due to horrible city FE numbers of Petrol cross overs. I am eagerly waiting for some alternative and HyRyder has good chances to be an alternative for Creta/Seltos in case of attractive pricing. I will change my booking to this car, if the petrol hybrid is around 25 Lakhs OTR.
Why would you prefer HyRyder strong hybrid over Honda City Hybrid in this budget?
Old 29th June 2022, 12:46   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Why would you prefer HyRyder strong hybrid over Honda City Hybrid in this budget?
Just because I prefer a cross over to a sedan.
Off topic: If Honda has launched a Hybrid cross over instead of Sedan, I could have one in my garage already .

Last edited by Hickstead : 29th June 2022 at 12:48.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:47   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicksJ View Post
Uttam toyota(patparganj) quoted 50k first to me, when I said will not pay that much then said will book for 11k. On asking how will you put booking, was told that will put under urban cruiser as of now and will change to hyryder once official booking open.

What have they provided you against the amount?
The booking forms mentions UC Hyryder. Mentions the booking is fully refundable. And that price and scheme will be as applicable on Delivery time.
This is Uttam Toyota, Ghaziabad if it helps.
Aniket03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:52   #507
BHPian

Ideally HyRider should be between 10-16L ex-showroom for K15C variant.
Logic - XL6 is priced at that range, same engine + GB combination will be used in HyRider. Itz highly unlikely that they'll re-tune the engine for HyRider. But HyRider with 'compact SUV' + Toyota branding should fetch it's own premium + AWD adds it's own contribution (assuming to be the top model of mild-hybrid). So AWD AT top end should be max 15-16L ex showroom given XL6 Alpha+ AT is ~14.4L.

Full hybrid we can expect around 18-20L ex-showroom, as Toyota has quoted planning to charge 20-30% higher price for "hybrid" variant (read it few months back, don't have link handy). This is in-line with Honda City pricing, where top end petrol is ~15.2L, while hybrid is around 19.5L.
Old 29th June 2022, 13:03   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
I don't understand the mass hatred against the Korean twins on this forum. Granted they have cut multiple corners while selling cars in the Indian market, but they have also come up with innovative features time and again to keep the competitors on their toes. Remember the good old Maruti days when you essentially bought a moving tin box with no frills. Now at least you can buy a tin box at a decent price with multiple comfort options! Also, not all Hyundai/Kia cars are poorly designed. Creta has scored a decent 4 stars in GNCAP while Venue has scored the same in ANCAP. Seltos had scored a solid 5 but sadly Indian version was degraded to a mere 3!
A couple of things to add:

1) The previous-gen Indian-made Creta scored 4 stars in the Latin NCAP, but the current-gen scored a mediocre 3 stars.

2) The Hyundai Venue's score in the ANCAP is not applicable to the Indian market as Hyundai upgrades their cars to meet Australian safety standards (e.g. a stronger body; 3 headrests for the rear seat).

3) Maruti may have offered tin boxes with no frills, but you must understand that they were econoboxes at affordable prices. A diesel Creta, however, costs 22 lacs OTR in Mumbai, which is a ridiculous price for a car that is so unsafe it's illegal to sell in western markets. You simply can't compare the two. And at least some of Maruti's more expensive cars like the Brezza scored 4 stars and have a stable structure.

Hyundai may get its features and powertrains right (except for the failing DCTs) but to me and many others, it's not worth spending this kind of money when I am well aware that this company has downgraded its cars just to widen its profit margins. A car's mechanicals should be far more important than "innovative features" .
fakenews is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:07   #509
BHPian

What if-
Toyota keeps selling the current gen brezza as Urban Cruiser,
Maruti launches the new-gen Brezza,
Toyota unveils the hyryder as a long wheelbase version of the new Brezza?
Old 29th June 2022, 13:32   #510
BHPian

I will probably wait for 1st July for the official unveil . I am more interested in the interior layout, creature comforts and good ergonomics of this car. We folks at Bangalore spend most of our time in traffic jams and I would like to have a well designed and comfortable interior .
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed