Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2022, 13:48   #511
Team-BHP Support

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I have a hunch.

Since Maruti cannot sell a 20+ lakh car (even from a Nexa showroom) and Toyota is used to selling expensive cars with fat margins:

- Maruti will sell mild hybrids only
- Toyota will sell full hybrids only

Possible?
With the confirmation of an all wheel drive, I think the above will happen in some shape or form (AWD). No way Maruti can successfuly sell Toyota priced AWD, full hybrid car.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:49   #512
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

I'm seeing people have booked Tucson and waiting for HyRyder. These cars are in 2 different segments/pricing bracket and Tucson will be much more premium and spacious in all aspects (except the Hybrid part). Just trying to understand the thought process here as comparing to Creta or Seltos would be more relevant one. Am I missing something?
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:54   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I'm seeing people have booked Tucson and waiting for HyRyder. These cars are in 2 different segments/pricing bracket and Tucson will be much more premium and spacious in all aspects (except the Hybrid part). Just trying to understand the thought process here as comparing to Creta or Seltos would be more relevant one. Am I missing something?
I am also worrying about the same. If this car is priced along side of Tucson, it will be a DOA even it is a Hybrid. HyRyder hybrid should not cross 25L OTR for doing decent numbers.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 14:16   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
-- No way Maruti can successfuly sell Toyota priced AWD, full hybrid car.
This was posted on 7th June:

Quote:
- It will also get AWD, but only with the mild-hybrid powertrain.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 15:27   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
When will the prices be revealed? I hope Maruti prices this sensibly in the 10L-15L range. I am looking forward to this launch. Best of luck to Maruti and Toyota.
They will price it between 15 to 25 lakhs. Toyota will launch first with MUL to follow post Brezza launch . Toyota will have AWD and full/ partial hybrid while Maruti will have only partial hybrid to start with . Initially Toyota will undertake all manufacturing responsibility but Maruti to take that after a gestation period.
In all probability toyota to exit urban cruiser segment and leave it to Maruti.

That's whats a birdie is telling me . Lets see the accuracy of his statement in 2 days
abhijit 2284 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 18:34   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder’s Offline bookings now underway, AWD with Automatic Confirmed.

Quote:
reported exclusively earlier, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder will get a segment-first AWD option, and now the carmaker has confirmed its availability with the optional automatic gearbox
Quote:
The Toyota SUV is expected to go on sale by early September. It could be priced from Rs 10.5 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th June 2022 at 18:38.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 18:40   #517
BHPian

Dealers are sending invites for 2nd and 3rd July 10:30 am to 7:30 pm for hyryder
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220629wa0007.jpg  

VicksJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 19:10   #518
BHPian

This is a massive thread of 35 pages already where we still aren't 100% sure if it is the same car or a new car or a new car with the same name.
Animesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 20:18   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicksJ View Post
Dealers are sending invites for 2nd and 3rd July 10:30 am to 7:30 pm for hyryder
Unveiling at the showrooms? Or just virtual unveiling.

Seriously, the two biggest launches of recent, the ScorpioN and the Hyryder. Can't be any different. We had detailed pics and scoops of the Scorpio for months, heck an year before. But for the Hyryder, the pics leaked by the company itself are the scoop pics. Agreed that the Hyryder is an updated version of a car already on sale for years (Vitara), but still.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 20:30   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meto View Post
For a strong hybrid vehicle, there is a high possibility that this may be an electric AWD. This is done by placing....
Thanks. Hope the strong hybrid is not occupy more boot space unlike Honda City Hybrid launch recently. I believe good boot space is common expectation in this segment.
K7@TN14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 22:06   #521
BHPian

This is either gonna be a big brain moment or a dumb one(you decide), so here I go.

I am sure the Hyryder is going to be based on the Vitara platform and I got this solely from the teaser video showing the rear wheel and the disc brake calliper setup which is at the 12'o'clock position, same as the Vitara. To confirm this I even compared the Toyota Supra and BMW Z4 and I could see an identical calliper setup, and the Lamborghini Urus, Audi RSQ8, Bentley Bentayga too.

Apologies if it has already been confirmed.
Old 29th June 2022, 22:23   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Unveiling at the showrooms? Or just virtual unveiling.
Likely to be a viewing of the actual car, perhaps? Considering they are inviting people across 2 days and for 9 hours each day.

We have an XUV700 booked in October that was ready for delivery 2 weeks ago. We put it off to September/October only because of the Hyryder. Let's hope the wait is worth it!
Old 29th June 2022, 23:04   #523
BHPian

Anybody got an invite from Madhuban Toyota Mumbai Lower Parel? They’re my local dealer, but since it took them such a long time to get Hilux stock, I’m not sure they will have a Hyryder show car. I’m keen to check the car out…
Arsenic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 23:16   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmukunda View Post
Not related to hyryder, if you're not to keen on the XUV700, can i but it off from you? Petrol or Diesel?
Tried sending you a DM but could not. Can you turn on DM via Email?
Old 29th June 2022, 23:56   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
If it is the K15 engined model, it can be the Suzuki Allgrip, but not sure if it will be the All Grip Pro from Jimny. That is a proper 4x4 system with low range. The D22/YFG may get just the AWD system that the Vitara has.
Hyryder is D22. That's the message I got when I registered interest on the Toyota website.
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot_20220629_235442.jpg
Mumbaiker is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed