Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 13:58   #541
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Seriously, the two biggest launches of recent, the ScorpioN and the Hyryder. Can't be any different. We had detailed pics and scoops of the Scorpio for months, heck an year before. But for the Hyryder, the pics leaked by the company itself are the scoop pics. Agreed that the Hyryder is an updated version of a car already on sale for years (Vitara), but still.
The Japanese are very good at maintaining a high level of secrecy, just like we saw in the case of the CB350 and V-Storm SX250.

They probably developed and tested the vehicle in Japan and brought it back to India for final calibration. Heck Toyota has an R&D center costing $2.8 billion, which includes 11 test tracks that mimic the Nürburgring. So, its probably developed there.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st July 2022 at 05:21. Reason: Factual error, punctuation
Black_Star is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 14:02   #542
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

This car will most likely be the Toyota version of the Brezza which was launched today. Looking at the prices today, expect Toyota to push the envelope further and ask for ~20L for the top of the line version.

Personally, I am disappointed with the pricing and have decided to seriously look at the used car market.
Old 30th June 2022, 14:05   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
This car will most likely be the Toyota version of the Brezza which was launched today.
It's been proven multiple times in this thread that it's not, though

Last edited by Astargea : 30th June 2022 at 14:11.
Astargea is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 14:05   #544
Senior - BHPian

Was at service center to get my car serviced. Showroom has not yet received Hyryder ,expected next week. The top spec full hybrid is expected to be priced close to 30L OTR here in KA. I am sure the full hybrid will be priced at a premium compared to City Hybrid .
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 14:29   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The top spec full hybrid is expected to be priced close to 30L OTR here in KA. I am sure the full hybrid will be priced at a premium compared to City Hybrid .
30L OTR in KA is DOA in my opinion. The fuel efficiency alone is no reason to pay ~8L more than a diesel Creta.

Diesel Creta - FE of 15kmpl = ~Rs.6.6/km
Hybrid Hyrider - FE of 25kmpl = Rs.4/km

You will need to travel almost 3,00,000km to make up the 8L premium. Will genuinely be shocked if this is Toyota's pricing strategy. Especially after partnering with Maruti.

As for the City Hybrid, the City comes with ADAS - which the Hyryder does not appear to have. At best, it needs to be price at par with the City Hybrid. No room to price it any more than the City in my view.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 14:53   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Was at service center to get my car serviced. Showroom has not yet received Hyryder ,expected next week. The top spec full hybrid is expected to be priced close to 30L OTR here in KA. I am sure the full hybrid will be priced at a premium compared to City Hybrid .
Dealers in delhi are quoting a price range of 15-20 lakhs +_ 1 lakhs ex showroom
Old 30th June 2022, 14:59   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
30L OTR in KA is DOA in my opinion. The fuel efficiency alone is no reason to pay ~8L more than a diesel Creta.
It comes with AWD. So the top-end 30L model is not competing with Creta at all. The only comparable alternative in that segment is Jeep Compass which is priced at 35L for 4x4 AT. So I think 30L for top end is a real possibility and it will sell even at that price. Toyota enjoys better brand value than Koreans anyway.

I hope they remove the urban cruiser prefix and call it just Hyryder. That prefix is not adding any value.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 15:20   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
IMO, It is more of a make or break condition for Suzuki & Toyota.
In case they price it well , Suzuki cracks the C-SUV segment & fights head on with the Koreans & VAG's in a new mass market money spinning segment .
I don't think they will mess this up with a exorbitant pricing if they are really serious about Indian market & thinking of a long run. The only USP is see in a hyryder here is AWD & Hybrid system. I am not very sure what % of customers would really think that as an advantage & go for it . May be the Big T badge may attract a few for their service & customer focus .
Even the overall length will remain less than the Korean & VAG twins if it is a Vitara platform. Size wise it will look small. Visual perception matters a lot too. I am even not sure if they can load bells & whistles as much as the Koreans can. So they can be on a backfoot in these 2 areas too.
I Strongly feel the prices should not be more than 15L Ex-showroom for a T-Hyryder.
Going by the prices of New Brezza expect Hyryder in the range of 13-18L Ex Showroom seeing as it is larger will most probably pack more tech and Hybrid.

Off topic The OTR of Brezza is touching almost 17.5 in Cities like Bengaluru. It makes the Creta look VFM.
buntee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 15:21   #549
BHPian

On top of it seems to have same head unit as that of Glanza, that does not suit a 30L car. But you never know.
Old 30th June 2022, 15:22   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
It comes with AWD. So the top-end 30L model is not competing with Creta at all. The only comparable alternative in that segment is Jeep Compass which is priced at 35L for 4x4 AT. So I think 30L for top end is a real possibility and it will sell even at that price.
Even accounting for mechanical AWD cost (1.4L from the XUV. eCVT AWD might be cheaper?), the OTR will only reduce by about 2L for the full hybrid without AWD (if such a variant will exist) - meaning a cost of 28L. This is still considerably more expensive than the cars it is trying to fight.

The Toyota badge might be able to draw a 1-1.5L premium for an equivalent offering. But I doubt consumers would be willing to pay 6L more for it.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 15:32   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the Brezza prices, real worried about the D22 pricing.

Was hoping for it to go bang against the Creta pricing, with an introductory 9.99 lakhs for a bare bones version, with the hybrid maybe even at a premium of ~2 lakhs over the equivalent diesel Creta/Seltos. And it is not some TNGA based vehicle for Toyota to struggle with costs. The S-cross went at 15-16 lakhs OTR. Toyota could price the hybrid or AWD at a premium, but should have some decent specced variants at ~15 lakhs.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 15:44   #552
BHPian

Quote:
I am expecting it to be placed on par with city hybrid, in place of ADAS it will have AWD. I know i am comparing sedan vs SUV but still anything above it will be a DUD.
Old 30th June 2022, 15:51   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Going by the prices of New Brezza expect Hyryder in the range of 13-18L Ex Showroom seeing as it is larger will most probably pack more tech and Hybrid.
Quote:
Exactly my concerns. I doubt if the Hyryder could start any lower than 14L for the mild hybrid, extending all the way to 20L ex-showroom for strong hybrid. The AWD will command a further premium on top.
Only then will Maruti be able to price its equivalent Vitara at say 13L - 17L for the mild hybrid with some overlap with the top end Brezza. On the whole, not very optimistic.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 16:42   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post

Off topic The OTR of Brezza is touching almost 17.5 in Cities like Bengaluru. It makes the Creta look VFM.
13-18L ex showroom looks like a decent range for the mild hybrid desirable variants (other than LXi equivalent, which may be a couple L lower) but the strong hybrids and/ or AWD should be higher. I am keen to see if they are going to come with one or more than one strong hybrid variants.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 30th June 2022 at 16:59.
Old 30th June 2022, 16:49   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
This is a massive thread of 35 pages already where we still aren't 100% sure if it is the same car or a new car or a new car with the same name.
Well, it's exactly what the Big T wants - lot of buzz, anticipation and interest in its new offering. Since this is positioned as Creata rival + has strong hybrid + AWD = HYprice. Looks like its already in the 25L category to me..
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks