Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 11:59   #616
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Good looking car.
- The front is excellent, modern but not quirky.
- The side profile seems okay. Very good ground clearance. the lower height makes it looks a bit MUV - may be camera angle.
- The rear is the weakest point, IMO. Why did they have to put those vertical lights so low on the bumper. Could have beet integrated in the tail lamps.

Any word on the dimensions? Looks pretty long, particularly on the bonnet. The bumper is not protruding much.
Old 1st July 2022, 11:59   #617
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Thanks, for the clarifications, I did watch a bit of the live cast, but probably missed the segment where engine variants were covered.
Old 1st July 2022, 12:01   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
Looks like the spare wheel is placed under the body instead of being inside the boot. Is this to make space for Hybrid System?
This means the boot space wont be compromised like in Honda City Hybrid. Which also means, it won't be priced any lesser than the City Hybrid!
Old 1st July 2022, 12:02   #619
Senior - BHPian

Shape of the wheel arches looks completely out of place. It does not suit the overall design of the car (It should have been roundish). They are going to price it above already overpriced Koreans for sure.
Latheesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:03   #620
BHPian

Excited to see the combined power figures and performance numbers. The fully fully loaded version of this could be a great alternative to those on the fence of EVs and considering a ZS for example.
Old 1st July 2022, 12:06   #621
BHPian

Cant seem to find the power figures. My guess is that its gonna be less powerful that the honda hybrid in the city eHev.
Old 1st July 2022, 12:07   #622
Senior - BHPian

Received this from the sales exec.

Mild Hybrid -
Manual - 4 variants
Auto - 3 variants

Hybrid -
CVT - 3 variants

Price this right, Toyota. Please!

Name:  WhatsApp Image 20220701 at 12.00.40 PM.jpeg
Views: 660
Size:  29.0 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2022 at 19:08. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:07   #623
BHPian

Variants as received from TKML.
10 variants and that means the pricing band is going to be very wide.
Did they kill the new Brezza too?

Name:  IMG20220701WA0001.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  23.0 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2022 at 19:07. Reason: Typos fixed. Image inserted in-line. Excessive dots removed.
chandras1 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:10   #624
Senior - BHPian

More of Suzuki feel than a Toyota! Wheel arches are such an eye-sore. Most likely the size of the wheels doesn’t go well with that wide arches. Fascia isn’t that pleasing to my eyes either.

I agree, Creta looks better now. Seltos is leagues ahead in terms of appearance. I hope atleast the strength of this body structure is better than Koreans.
gururajrv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:10   #625
BHPian

Toyota has added all the bells and whistles in terms of the feature list and this surely means that the top model strong hybrid will be close to 25 lakhs on road in Mumbai. Honda City Hybrid is around 23 lakhs, I don't have any hope for them to price it anywhere close to the City and in their eyes, for good reason too.
Old 1st July 2022, 12:12   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Firstly, there is nothing unfortunate about a Suzuki steering. Secondly, nope! The Suzuki steering is a flat bottom and this isn't. Hence this is in all likelihood, taken from the Yaris Cross.
Hi, I just want to clarify the exact same thing - nothing wrong with the wheel IMHO. Just saw that many people, not just on this forum, were hoping to see the RAV4 steering wheel for some reason Glad to see the Yaris Cross inspired interior, it indeed looks very premium
Old 1st July 2022, 12:15   #627
BHPian

Strong hybrid available from 2nd base model is going to be a segment killer! Expecting prices to start ~ 16-17L onroad for the hybrids
vagman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:17   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Yes the AWD will be Suzuki Allgrip.
Is this confimred from Toyota or a guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Fundamentals are looking strong like the feature set, interiors, design etc etc.

Design is 100x better than the Creta’s ugly duckling design!

AWD is the game changer with a lock-mode as well.
CEF, where did you find the info about lock-mode for AWD?

Agree - this looks to a be a good car - pricing pending. At anything like 24L OTR Bangalore for the top-end AWD, this is nearly certain to be my next car (barring any last minute revelations) - given my budget range of 15-25L (yeah, thats a weird one, I know).

Doesn't seem to have any silly chinks in the feature list unlike the others - XUV 700 misses on ventilated seats and Auto dimming IRVMs (and is a fuel guzzler compared to any hybrid), the Scorpio-N misses ventilated seats, auto-dimming IRVMs AND 360 cam as well as a pano sunroof. The Brezza misses TPMS and ventilated seats.

And yes, I see that you own a creta - so, sorry - but I agree with you its a terribly ugly car, an insult to the eyes
Transmission is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:18   #629
BHPian

Overall the car looks good expect those cringeworthy wheel arches. What on earth were they thinking!

There was no announcement with regard to when they would reveal the pricing. And with so many variants I am sure the top end would be priced easily above the Honda City eHev.
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:19   #630
BHPian

Toyota may risk pricing this in the top end XUV700/Scorpio-N category and then people will go for the Diesel XUV700 or the Diesel Scorpio-N if the AWD versions are priced at over 20 lakh ex-showroom. The other two have a capable AWD and mileage wise may not differ much between hybrid petrol and diesel. The other two are more luxurious and someone putting 20+ lakhs may not hesitate to put another 2-3 lakhs for the XUV700 or Scorpio-N.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks