Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 14:27   #691
R_R
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Well, this is sad, cause this could have even taken the fight to Tucson/Tiguan, if they had a more powerful engine and AWD+AT. Also seems to be missing some basics like power-seats? At least I couldn't see it in the brochure.
Name:  1.png
Views: 552
Size:  4.2 KB
Old 1st July 2022, 14:37   #692
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

The car looks great and appears to get all the basics right. Also promising that the intend to offer low/mid range variants with the hybrid powertrain. Yep, Toyota is known for premium pricing in India, but I have a hunch that they will price this one right since the mid-size SUV market hits the sweet spot for manufacturers in terms of nice volumes and good margins.
Old 1st July 2022, 14:39   #693
BHPian

With a compression ratio of 14:1, it will require premium fuel to prevent knocking/pre-detonation! That means 95 octane or higher fuel only! I believe that would restrict owners to filling up at only select IOL bunks that stock XP95 at ₹117 pr/lt if in Mumbai. In the alternative go for the super-premium 99octane which will burn a hole in pockets.
Old 1st July 2022, 14:44   #694
BHPian

Watched the launch video and it says "First in segment AWD"
I believe it was Duster which started this segment with AWD. Correct me if I'm wrong.
LokiPilaniya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 14:51   #695
BHPian

The panoramic roof here looks a bit smaller than what the competition is offering.Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 686
Size:  18.8 KB
sandeep3764 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:07   #696
Senior - BHPian

Made a booking for the Strong Hybrid V variant in Cafe White. The T&C says on cancellation, refund will be provided after deducting transaction charges. (Payment gateway used is Razorpay. So 2.4% thereabouts)

Sales executive said they are in a virtual training upto 6pm today. Hope to get pricing details after that.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:10   #697
BHPian

Official Toyota Hyryder Brochure :

https://www.toyotabharat.com/documen...re-hyryder.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-cd96b3fe24264ec8aa75d91a47633108.jpeg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-79393cfabbb74a94bba1aecf5387afdf.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:19   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The powertrain, features and the T-logo make it a very enticing proposition indeed!

Although the proportions are pretty spot on, I do find the chrome additions at the front and rear to be a bit finicky. Makes it seem like they could not stop designing the car, even when they should have.

Is it just me or does the blacked-out portion of the rear windscreen seem too disproportionately large to anyone else as well? Does anyone know why that might be the case?

Last edited by Batfreak : 1st July 2022 at 15:21.
Batfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:25   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Made a booking for the Strong Hybrid V variant in Cafe White. The T&C says on cancellation, refund will be provided after deducting transaction charges. (Payment gateway used is Razorpay. So 2.4% thereabouts)

Sales executive said they are in a virtual training upto 6pm today. Hope to get pricing details after that.
Any idea, when do display models reach the showrooms?
Old 1st July 2022, 15:26   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3764 View Post
The panoramic roof here looks a bit smaller than what the competition is offering.Attachment 2327975
Yes looks so. Its ending much before the rear seats
Old 1st July 2022, 15:27   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Any idea, when do display models reach the showrooms?
Not a clue. I have asked the sales exec to share details on pricing, test drive and deliveries as soon as he has them.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:29   #702
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the technical specifications. All through the launch posts, i was scouting for real power output, but could not find. Finally the tech specs has the figure. Around 115PS can't be called 'powerful' in 2022; the neo-drive version just makes over a 100PS, which is low given the weight of the vehicle. Since power-to-weight ratio is lower, can safely assume the car may not really be enthusiastic to drive - it may more of a peaceful highway cruiser (which should be good for most folks though).

Overall, the product looks dashing, of course far better looker than Creta (i suspect might even be more spacious than Creata...).

Only missing piece is pricing - my guess: Hybrid: 25L +
Neodrive: ~20L

Hello Toyota : will you surprise us with competitive pricing or follow your traditional overpriced approach. Either ways, well done and Good Luck!
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:32   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post

Is it just me or does the blacked-out portion of the rear windscreen seem too disproportionately large to anyone else as well? Does anyone know why that might be the case?
Add me to this, front looks like a proper Toyota while the rear suddenly reminds that Toyota and Suzuki have joined hands now .

One advantage the hybrid version would get for atleast people in Haryana is a flat 15% discount based on the recent deductions announced by the state government for EVs and Hybrid vehicles.
Link to check.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:34   #704
Senior - BHPian

I love this. EVs are still sometime away from being usable for single car owners(majority indians). This works great and if I were in market, would prefer this strong hybrid. Being a Toyota/Maruti service shouldn’t be an issue and going by Brezza/Urban-Cruiser’s track record this should be a safer car than koreans easily.

Feature set as well looks right up there. I can’t find much fault there except AWD missing in the strong hybrid variant for now. Hope that’s introduced in next facelift. For now they have thrown everything at this and if priced well should hit a home-run for Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
Hello Toyota : will you surprise us with competitive pricing or follow your traditional overpriced approach.
That’s what Karthikeya hints at the end of this walk around video. He opines top end awd would be sub 20L exshowroom.

Last edited by SoumenD : 1st July 2022 at 15:57.
Old 1st July 2022, 15:48   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Attachment 2327957

The image shown for the hybrid says otherwise and hence my comment. Either that image is not representative or we will have AWD in strong hybrid. If Toyota has confirmed there is no strong hybrid, that image obviously is incorrect/ not representative.
Would most likely be a representative image.

Dunno why, but there are just two images available when you search for hybrid system of Toyota. One is the above image, the other is the platform image of the hybrid Lexus LS (RWD with longitudinal mounted engine)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed