Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:27   #781
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Attachment 2328309

Why the Green Glass is mentioned and not available in any variant?
Is the 'Green Glass' UV cut glass? The heat shielding type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashrs View Post
Fog lamps missing on this vehicle?

I cannot find from the e-brochure or any provisions for fog lamps!
Guess it has gone the international trend. No foglamps. check out the latest Germans.
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:32   #782
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Is the 'Green Glass' UV cut glass? The heat shielding type?
Yes I think so. Like the one available with Baleno.
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:44   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Guess it has gone the international trend. No foglamps. check out the latest Germans.
There is a line item called Twin LED Day-time running lamps. Is that the new trend in lieu of fog lamps.
Old 2nd July 2022, 15:45   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
There is a line item called Twin LED Day-time running lamps. Is that the new trend in lieu of fog lamps.
Twin LED DRL are separate and not in lieu of fog lamps as they serve very different functions.

I think, as the headlamps are lower to the ground and due to newer LED designs, companies believe they have adequate throw and spread of light to delete fog lamps. See matrix type LED on Mercedes and Audi.
Stolidus500 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 15:50   #785
Senior - BHPian

Visited the Toyota showroom today to meet the sales executive.

He says the test drive vehicle will come in 8-10 days. And prices are likely to come on Monday. I highly doubt the latter, though. But he said that is what they were told.
Old 2nd July 2022, 15:56   #786
BHPian

No dealer in Mumbai seems to have a show car today. Have tried calling Madhuban, Wasan and even Lakozy! Anyone in Bombay who got a chance to see a Hyryder, which dealer did you go to?
Old 2nd July 2022, 17:02   #787
BHPian

My understanding of important feature mix for some planning to buy Automatic Hyryder

Keeping Top variant (Strong Hybrid V variant) as benchmark

1) Miss outs in Strong Hybrid G variant -: Ventilated seats, 360 camera & TPMS

2) Miss outs in Mild Hybrid V AT variant -: Strong Hybrid tech, Ventilated seats, TPMS, HUD, & Wireless charging

3) Miss outs in Mild Hybrid G AT variant -: Strong Hybrid tech, Ventilated seats, Sunroof, 360 camera, TPMS, HUD, & Wireless charging
baarish84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 17:36   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

He says the test drive vehicle will come in 8-10 days. And prices are likely to come on Monday. I highly doubt the latter, though. But he said that is what they were told.
Called the local showroom and they said the TD vehicle will come only on August, when the prices are announced. With deliveries around festive season.

I was expecting to see the car in the showroom within a week!
Old 2nd July 2022, 17:41   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Called the local showroom and they said the TD vehicle will come only on August, when the prices are announced. With deliveries around festive season.
Exactly same reply was given by Mangalore Dealer also.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 17:47   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Honestly looks like no dealer really knows about prices or TD availability.

Got a call from Ravindu Toyota's call centre - she said prices will come by Tuesday/Wednesday and test drives will start only by the end of the month and deliveries will start in the first week of August.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 18:08   #791
BHPian

I'm getting Toyota Yaris thread's vibes from this thread ! Remember how much BHPians hyped that car up, and it was flop ! Simply cause Toyota launched it at a premium and the specs were poor too. No way Toyota will launch Hyryder (that's a mouthful ! Couldn't have come up with anything simpler ?) at reasonable price. If I were potential buyer for this, I'd wait for 2 years atleast. All this new tech in a Toyota, better be safe than sorry !
PS - lot's of "Creta- killers" have come and gone, that car still at the top of the selling charts.
Akshay6988 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 18:11   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Attachment 2328309

Why the Green Glass is mentioned and not available in any variant?
The Green Glass mentioned is in continuation to the above row where it states - "Front Windshield / Front Door / Rear Door / Quarter / Back Door" and it looks like it is standard in all the variants
BoxBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 18:32   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Quote:
Honestly looks like no dealer really knows about prices or TD availability.
Got a call from Ravindu Toyota's call centre - she said prices will come by Tuesday/Wednesday and test drives will start only by the end of the month and deliveries will start in the first week of August.
These tight lipped <insert expletive>s. Talking with SAs of other brands are a joy, even if half of their scoop/insider info maybe false. But the SAs at Toyota. The car has to be on the showroom floors for them to open their mouths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I'm getting Toyota Yaris thread's vibes from this thread ! Remember how much BHPians hyped that car up, and it was flop ! Simply cause Toyota launched it at a premium and the specs were poor too. No way Toyota will launch Hyryder (that's a mouthful ! Couldn't have come up with anything simpler ?) at reasonable price. If I were potential buyer for this, I'd wait for 2 years atleast. All this new tech in a Toyota, better be safe than sorry !
PS - lot's of "Creta- killers" have come and gone, that car still at the top of the selling charts.
New tech in Toyota? The only company I would trust new tech with is Toyota and Honda.

Except for the VAG twins, can't think of any recent serious rivals in the Creta segment. And without a diesel, they really can't be Creta killers. Other than the sheer drivetrain variety of Creta, guess the Hyryder has everything else covered, including *cough* styling. To be fair, the sedan segment was already going down when the Yaris came, and it was frankly a decade old by the time it came to India. With a DOA pricing.
DicKy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 19:33   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
No dealer in Mumbai seems to have a show car today. Have tried calling Madhuban, Wasan and even Lakozy! Anyone in Bombay who got a chance to see a Hyryder, which dealer did you go to?
Called a few dealers in Mumbai, response was month-end. Similar to what a dealer I visited in Pune told me.

Quote:

+1, even I expected the car to arrive within a day/two of the unveiling, like with several other cars.

Went to a showroom in Pune, Shaw Toyota to be precise, expecting the car to have arrived.

First question I asked the receptionist was when is the Urban Cruiser Hyryder coming on display.

Response was, month-end / early August.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 21:00   #795
BHPian

For folks who are looking at the strong hybrid for mileage, this might be an interesting watch.

Enthusiastic drivers are not going to love this.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 2nd July 2022 at 21:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks