Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 20:13   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Doesnt look like the strong hybrid. The strong hybrid has the boot is at the lip level. It doesnt drop below. Whereas in the image that they have shown on the web, the bags are below the boot lip. Reference image attached.
Attachment 2329405

I am unsure how much boot space would that reduce.
It’s possible that Toyota used the boot of the mild hybrid car.

OR

The step floor is removable, it’s possible that Toyota in their picture removed that step floor and parcel tray, meanwhile keeping the suitcases in the standing position…

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-54d2e994ae9448fcb82ddf73dd6d4ccf.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 20:14   #887
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Seems the tyres are Apollo Apterra which were launched in 2021 for mid sized and compact SUVs as per company. More = https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...v-segment.html (Apollo launches Apterra Cross tyres for Compact SUV segment)

Also these tyres seem to have decent reviews from bhpians sort of eliminating the need for upgrades for majority of buyers.

Review Posts
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4964454 (Tata Harrier : Official Review)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4966027 (Tata Harrier : Official Review)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4975779 (Tata Harrier : Official Review)
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 20:16   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
It’s possible that Toyota used the boot of the mild hybrid car.

OR

The step floor is removable, it’s possible that Toyota in their picture removed that step floor and parcel tray, meanwhile keeping the suitcases in the standing position…

Attachment 2329414
If the step floor is removable, then its got to be the strong hybrid. But I think the step floor is joint to the boot floor above the battery. I didn't see it being removed in any of the walkaround videos. Everyone only lifted it up.

If someone is going to check out the hybrid personally, then please check this as well.
thanks !

Edit: looks like it is removable according to your updated post.
Old 5th July 2022, 21:38   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Doesnt look like the strong hybrid. The strong hybrid has the boot is at the lip level. It doesnt drop below. Whereas in the image that they have shown on the web, the bags are below the boot lip. Reference image attached.
Attachment 2329405

I am unsure how much boot space would that reduce.
You are mistaken. The flat area in the strong hybrid comprises of two parts. The first part (near to the boot door) is just a tray like a parcel tray. This can be taken out to reveal a deeper area. The second part closer to the rear bench is where the hybrid system is.

I think the picture shared by toyota is clever. Yes by removing this tray and the parcel tray you can keep suitcases vertically.

So all in all I expect a reasonably good usable boot space.
chandras1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 21:52   #890
BHPian

Please find attached Screenshot from YouTube, indicating the luggage capacity.

IMO Luggage capacity should be decent with parcel tray removed and step floor placed above battery housing(it fits there perfectly).

However, luggage capacity with parcel tray in place is restricted for long trips.

Courtesy: Hardiks Car Show
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-0b1454cf09db4156b29f08e26d54dba7.jpeg  

Javelin is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 22:40   #891
BHPian

The more I see the Hyryder, the more I feel that is based on the current S Cross which is on sale.

(i) The stance - I feel a very uncanny resemblance to the S Cross, even though the Hyryder is well a bit riding high!

(ii) All wheel disc brakes

(iii) Telescopic adjustment for steering - only car in the Suzuki portfolio to have this

(iv) 2 step reclining back seat

(v) positioning of the charging port, lamp and that crevice in the boot!!

Last edited by Aditya : 6th July 2022 at 19:24. Reason: Typo
octane_100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 23:11   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
(iii) Telescopic adjustment for steering - only car in the Suzuki portfolio to have this
!
It's present on Brezza as well now.
Old 5th July 2022, 23:21   #893
BHPian

Quote:

This was there in Baleno.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 01:28   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thr more I see the Hyryder, the more I feel that is based on the current S Cross which is on sale.

(i) The stance - I feel a very uncanny resemblance to the S Cross, even though the Hyryder is well a bit riding high!
I agree with you, I find it more similar to the S-cross than Brezza, though all three are based on the Suzuki Vitara's Global C Platform. It will be interesting to see whether Maruti use the name Vitara during the launch or sell it as an updated S-Cross or give any other name!
Adding a few more similarities.

The wheelbase of both S-cross & Hyryder are 2600 mm.
The Hyryder is just 10mm wider than the S-Cross.
The turning radius of Hyryder is 5.4 m, the S-cross is 5.5 m.
Gross vehicle weight of the S-cross MT, 2wd- 1640 kg
Gross vehicle weight of the Hyryder MT, 2wd - 1645 kg

Plus as you told, the stance of both the cars look identical -

And this pic of the 2022 S-cross with the earlier S-cross gives a similar vibe too.

Name:  2022marutiscrosssuvcretarivalspiednew4600x338.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  59.2 KB

The Awd button is a direct lift from the new Euro spec S-cross all-grip-

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-desktop-2.jpg

Hope the 138 BHP, turbocharged 1.4 L, petrol engine from the 2022 S-cross come as an option in the future! Like just what the Koreans have, a 1.5L NA petrol with the 140 BHP turbocharged 1.4 L petrol!

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th July 2022 at 16:21. Reason: as requested.
Samba is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 08:37   #895
BHPian

Lot of discussion on boot space. My personal opinion is that we will have to learn to live with it.
You cannot have it both ways - fuel efficiency, no range anxiety as well as boot space. Boot space will be eaten by CNG cylinders or battery packs. This is the direction set by our government. Pure petrol with quick acceleration and lots of boot space etc will soon become a luxury that will be available for a price.
For everyday use like monthly grocery the boot space is sufficient. I only need to use all the 500 liters of boot space of my Etios for the occasional long drives. For that kind of need, I guess roof rails will need to be used. There was a guy in our society who had installed a ski box on his wagon r and used to use it as the primary storage
kotirajendra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 08:41   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpotdar View Post
Have a look at the Global Suzuki Vitara Website and the Gallery images. Hyryder and Maruti SUV are clearly the Suzuki Vitara with All Grip and Strong Hybrid. I don't think it is the New S Cross. The side profile, rear muscular kink, rear quarter windows all match the Hyryder. So finally an Euro Spec Global Product from Maruti Toyota. I think they mean serious business this time.
Thank You. The first impression I got was the SCross but the more upright front and the rear quarter glass area weren't fitting in. Your post is quite helpful and reaffirms my observations.

Quote:
Thr more I see the Hyryder, the more I feel that is based on the current S Cross which is on sale.
I thought the same but as mentioned in the above reply parts of it didn't fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
- It will be interesting to see whether Maruti use the name Vitara during the launch or sell it as an updated S-Cross or give any other name!

- Hope the 138 BHP, turbocharged 1.4 L, petrol engine from the 2022 S-cross come as an option in the future!
- Ditto, IMO this depends on how big a brand the SCross is for MSIL but based on a chart someone shared in a thread the SCross was in the European market's section but I can't recollect it precisely, will post if I find it again.
Logically speaking the SCross and this vehicle will be in direct competition, whether it would make sense to have two vehicles in the same segment by the same manufacturer and then adding the Toyota versions would make it pretty crowded. Would make sense only if they intend to wipe out the Korean's monopoly in the segment but again I have my doubts.

- The 1.4 Boosterjet would be so welcome and at least something enthusiastic from MSIL before the alternate powertrains dominate.

Last edited by shancz : 6th July 2022 at 08:41. Reason: Typos
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 09:32   #897

It primarily depends if the vehicle has been developed as a hybrid right from scratch or hybrid has been added to a ICE designed vehicle.

e.g. Boot Space:
Tucson ICE - 620L
Tuscon Hybrid - 616L (battery pack is mounted under the 2nd-row seats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Lot of discussion on boot space. My personal opinion is that we will have to learn to live with it.
You cannot have it both ways - fuel efficiency, no range anxiety as well as boot space. Boot space will be eaten by CNG cylinders or battery packs. This is the direction set by our government. Pure petrol with quick acceleration and lots of boot space etc will soon become a luxury that will be available for a price.
For everyday use like monthly grocery the boot space is sufficient. I only need to use all the 500 liters of boot space of my Etios for the occasional long drives. For that kind of need, I guess roof rails will need to be used. There was a guy in our society who had installed a ski box on his wagon r and used to use it as the primary storage
Victor18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 11:58   #898
BHPian

The concerns shared here about bootspace seem alarmist. I had once packed my household in Ignis (used passenger seats as well) and drove down from Gurgaon to Kanpur. ��
Jokes apart, judicial usage of boot space with removable lid, aligning bags properly (folks who have played tetris can relate) as well as using deep pockets on both sides as noted by some youtubers would give it ample storage for that limited use case of a road trip with all 4-5 passengers and loads of luggage. Again, the point to be noted here is the title itself - Urban Cruiser - Toyota/Suzuki have developed this to be driven mostly in urban settings.
Rocketscience77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 12:54   #899
BHPian

Confirmed with this video clip below.. The step floor can be removed to increase boot space.

Check the video below (7:20 Mins onwards)

I will personally check over the weekend on how much utility is possible with the boot design!!
smilingakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 13:08   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Plus as you told, the stance of both the cars look identical
The red car is a Corolla Cross, not Hyryder.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 6th July 2022 at 14:29. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Astargea is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks