Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 13:50   #901
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Thank you for this helpful comparison - it indeed looks much like the updated S-Cross that has been launched internationally with a more aggressive look.

It would be interesting to see how MSIL positions this: the existing S-Cross, despite being such a capable car, didn't sell as much as MSIL would have liked and the primary reason was softer styling (later updated to a toothy grill with more cuts & creases) & the crossover look.

Indians prefer an pukka SUV look, over a crossover & thus I reviving the S-Cross name might not be such a good idea. Most likely the Vitara moniker would be used ; the only issue could be the fact that initially the Brezza used to be known as the Vitara Brezza. Higher paying customers would like to have a distinct identity, not to confuse it with the compact SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I agree with you, I find it more similar to the S-cross than Brezza, though all three are based on the Suzuki Vitara's Global C Platform. It will be interesting to see whether Maruti use the name Vitara during the launch or sell it as an updated S-Cross or give any other name!
Adding a few more similarities.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2022 at 19:07. Reason: Quote trimmed.
jeetumg27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:35   #902
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

It looks like Bootspace is the hot topic in this thread. One thing that I hope for is that the competitors' figures include the space taken by the spare tyre whereas Hyryder's is probably not. So the usable bootspace should not be as bad as it may seem from the figures. While it would not match Creta or Seltos, it is very likely that it should have a boot capacity more than a Brezza or Venue and comparable to Nexon or maybe, Kiger.
Old 6th July 2022, 15:36   #903
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's version of the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder will be unveiled on July 20.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-fwyf2vakaamiy6.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2022 at 19:07. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 16:25   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKeMo View Post
. Car to be available in showroom around 10th July.
Got confirmation call from SA that the car would be available in Showroom on 10th July (Navi Mumbai, Wasan Toyota). Test drive is not yet confirmed. I plan to go, for sure!

On boot size, I saw various videos and seems the space available is more than City Hybrid. How much more, will have to see in person. For my use case, this may become a deal breaker for sure!

Cheers.
Old 6th July 2022, 17:17   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKeMo View Post
On boot size, I saw various videos and seems the space available is more than City Hybrid. How much more, will have to see in person. For my use case, this may become a deal breaker for sure!

Cheers.
Even my decision is pending due to the rear head room and boot issue. Some how I can manage with head room. My old car has 400 L of boot. So, I can't imagine a downgrade here with Hyryder. I already booked Hybrid V variant and holding a booking for Creta D AT as well. I am waiting for display car in our city. Please check from your end and post your feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by Hickstead : 6th July 2022 at 17:20.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:38   #906
BHPian

Have booked Hyryder from Nandi Toyota V variant. A couple of questions that are bothering me are -
1. Is there a way to figure if TECT frame translates to better safety (more high grade/ strength steel used especially in pillars/ beams) before the vehicle is sent for GNCAP (if ever).
2. Does eCVT have a rubber-band effect similar to other CVT vehicles (Astor) or is it more analogous to TC engines (Kushaq/Taigun).

This vehicle hopefully fulfils my wish for a safe, reliable, mid SUV for occasional road trips. Fingers crossed on the prices.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2022 at 19:07. Reason: Periods added.
Old 6th July 2022, 20:01   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience77 View Post
Have booked Hyryder from Nandi Toyota V variant. A couple of questions that are bothering me are -
1. Is there a way to figure if TECT frame translates to better safety (more high grade/ strength steel used especially in pillars/ beams) before the vehicle is sent for GNCAP (if ever).
2. Does eCVT have a rubber-band effect similar to other CVT vehicles (Astor) or is it more analogous to TC engines (Kushaq/Taigun).

This vehicle hopefully fulfils my wish for a safe, reliable, mid SUV for occasional road trips. Fingers crossed on the prices.
I was browsing through some articles detailing the first drive review of the newly launched brezza and found below mentioned in the autocar india writeup -

"The new Brezza is based on the same Global-C platform that underpins its predecessor, but Maruti, however, chose to call it ‘TECT’ platform, which is more for marketing differentiation and a tragedy really. Many folks call out Maruti cars for their poor GNCAP performance, but the older Brezza performed very well, securing a 4-star rating, and thus the change in platform name has kind of backfired. The new platform nomenclature has already given rise to a lot of confusion, with most mixing it up with the HEARTECT platform and lamenting the switch, which simply isn’t the case. Thus, as it stands, the new Brezza is indeed underpinned by the Global-C platform, and while it has not been crash tested, its case looks encouraging."

Source - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...ew-tech-424931
Old 6th July 2022, 20:09   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Thus, as it stands, the new Brezza is indeed underpinned by the Global-C platform, and while it has not been crash tested, its case looks encouraging."

Source - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...ew-tech-424931
This is definitely encouraging. Although, how does the safety rating star system work in the real world? Does the safety increase linearly with an increased rating or logarithmically? (I know too scientific, but I got curious)

I'm still considering Nexon AT (purely for its safety ratings + 0 damage in minor accidents as quoted by friends) vs Hyryder - even though they aren't the same category of vehicles.
Old 6th July 2022, 22:46   #909
BANNED

I booked the V Strong variant with Wasan Chembur Mumbai. They have a very knowledgeable sales rep there - Edwin who normally deals with Camry and Velfire. Much better than the other sales reps I have come across. DM me if you want his number.

When City HEV was launched, given the price difference between the hybrid and non-hybrid variant, I never thought it would run into 6-8 month waiting period. So I am not sure which direction the Hyryder will go in terms of bookings, especially with a Maruti version launching as well.

Rear seat headroom and boot space might be deal breakers and I am eagerly awaiting a test drive. I hope the synergy between the two systems makes it fun to drive and not feel underpowered.

Does anyone know of cars (even globally) that uses the 3 cylinder Toyota engine and how it is to drive?
Old 7th July 2022, 07:30   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Ice View Post

Does anyone know of cars (even globally) that uses the 3 cylinder Toyota engine and how it is to drive?
Check for Toyota Yaris cross hybrid reviews. You'll get more info.
Old 7th July 2022, 08:10   #911
BHPian

I have gone through the reviews of Yaris cross hybrid. The 3 pot Toyota's 1.5L mill is not a refined one, when compared to the refined engines that we have in India ( read it as stunningly refined Korean 4 pot engines). Not sure whether Toyota is going to give a better experience for the users in India with that engine in Hyryder.

Mild hybrids will be refined for sure due to Suzuki's proper 4 cylinder petrol engine. But the reviews of this engine are not really exciting too, based on the feedback from Brezza, XL6 and Ertiga reviewers.

Last edited by Hickstead : 7th July 2022 at 08:13.
Hickstead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 08:23   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I have gone through the reviews of Yaris cross hybrid. The 3 pot Toyota's 1.5L mill is not a refined one, when compared to the refined engines that we have in India ( read it as stunningly refined Korean 4 pot engines). Not sure whether Toyota is going to give a better experience for the users in India with that engine in Hyryder.

Mild hybrids will be refined for sure due to Suzuki's proper 4 cylinder petrol engine. But the reviews of this engine are not really exciting too, based on the feedback from Brezza, XL6 and Ertiga reviewers.
Thanks for researching on that. I am also suspect about the engine refinement of the 3 cylinder. Even a bit more concerned, since the engine should be running at higher rpm's to be in efficient range of the Atkinson cycle(2500 rpm or higher), so I am on the fence for this engine.

I know, experts are keeping a close eye on this thread, I will look upto them to call out if this concern is valid or am I thinking too much.

I would be more comfortable with the Honda City hybrid over this, but for the pricing, if one were to put aside the sedan vs crossover comparison, and focus purely on engine refinement.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 7th July 2022 at 08:25.
Old 7th July 2022, 08:49   #913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Please find attached Screenshot from YouTube, indicating the luggage capacity.

IMO Luggage capacity should be decent with parcel tray removed and step floor placed above battery housing(it fits there perfectly).

However, luggage capacity with parcel tray in place is restricted for long trips.

Courtesy: Hardiks Car Show
On the other hand why not OEM offer retractable parcel tray as seen in many European models, its does the job right?

At least benefits users to have hassle free usage of parcel tray and avoid efforts to remove and finding a place to store them!

Probably an after market kit would be helpful here!
Attached Images

prakashrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 09:06   #914
BHPian

I am curious to understand features mix in Suzuki's version of Hyryder, specifically whether ventilated seats will be offered in "mild-hybrid" V 6AT top trim.

Updated XL6's top trim, with same "K15C + 6AT combination offers ventilated seats along with TPMS. However, both of these features are missing in Toyota Hyryder "mild-hybrid" V top trim with exact powertrain.

XL6 misses out on sunroof + 2 extra airbags, which are present in Hyryder mild-hybrid's top V 6AT variant (so expected in Suzuki's version).
Old 7th July 2022, 09:07   #915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Ice View Post

DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed