Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 17:39   #1096
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I had a very interesting experience at the back of a Seltos during my recent trip to India. I am slightly shorter in height than 5ft 9 inch and i observed that I had around 4 fingers of space above my head when seated at rear seat upright. In relaxed slouching condition, the gap would be more for sure. I found it exactly similar in Grand Vitara / Hyryder as well. Hope that gives an idea.
That's surprising. We have a Seltos at home and while I didn't measure it the way you did, but I vividly remember that the moment I sat in Hyryder, the first thing that struck me was limited headroom. I am 5'10". Can't say how many variables can be attributed to seating, but I will be pleasantly surprised if Hyryder matches Seltos on interior space perception. Fingers crossed till I see the GV or Hyryder again.
Old 28th July 2022, 17:49   #1097
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
That's surprising. We have a Seltos at home and while I didn't measure it the way you did, but I vividly remember that the moment I sat in Hyryder, the first thing that struck me was limited headroom. I am 5'10". Can't say how many variables can be attributed to seating, but I will be pleasantly surprised if Hyryder matches Seltos on interior space perception. Fingers crossed till I see the GV or Hyryder again.
A disclaimer: I sat in a Sunroof equipped GTX+ Seltos. Hence that is my frame of reference.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 17:52   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
A disclaimer: I sat in a Sunroof equipped GTX+ Seltos. Hence that is my frame of reference.
Thanks. That does help since our Seltos doesn't have sunroof. But again, should this matter since sunroof in Seltos is not panaromic?
Old 30th July 2022, 08:45   #1099

The pricing of the Grand Vitara seems to have been leaked online by financial express!

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...-lakh/2610365/
adithyaravi89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 20:16   #1100
BHPian

I had to go to Jubilee Hills for some work on my Beat. Saw the Grand Vitara at the Jubilee Hills Nexa showroom. Went inside to take a look, but couldn't take a good look. Like not even a first impression. All I got to see was the boot capacity, front, rear and side profile. The car was surrounded by people. The variant I saw was a 4x4 manual alpha, as informed by a random SA. The front looked like a box to me. Rear looked smart. Couldn't judge sunroof size. Build quality seemed solid.

This will be a hit, since it's a Maruti.

Edit: This was the only picture I could click. The car was surrounded (or rather flooded) by people.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220731154113.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st August 2022 at 11:51. Reason: Minor typo.
saikishor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 20:44   #1101
BHPian

Is Urban Cruiser Hyryder at Display at any of toyota showrooms in bangalore?
Old 31st July 2022, 20:57   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
The variant I saw was a 4x4 manual alpha, as informed by a random SA.
I have been there yesterday. It is a mild Hybrid manual 2WD variant. There is no Suzuki All Grip drive mode selector. Spent some good amount of time there. Width of the Rear seat is not as good as expected. Boot space is ok as it is not full hybrid. Sunroof blind is very thin. Not sure how it will age. Car is built well for a Suzuki. Finally it depends on how it will be priced.

IMHO, mild hybrid should undercut Creta & Seltos by a good margin. Full hybrid is a different story. SAs were confident that full hybrid won't cross 22 L OTR. We have to take this with a pinch of salt because Nexa team itself was not clear about the variants and features of the car. We have a lot of information compared to SAs there.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img_20220730_143519.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img_20220730_142948.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img_20220730_142816.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img_20220730_142757.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img_20220730_143535.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img_20220730_143552.jpg  

Last edited by Hickstead : 31st July 2022 at 21:02.
Hickstead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 21:05   #1103
BHPian

How do the interiors compare to the Skoda VW 2.0 models Taigun/Kushaq?
Old 31st July 2022, 21:11   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
How do the interiors compare to the Skoda VW 2.0 models Taigun/Kushaq?
Taigun's AVN was very well integrated in the dash and those interiors look more premium. Steering of Taigun looks very smart too. Not a fan of Kushaq's interiors. But beige color is very difficult to maintain.

Interiors of Grand Vitara are built enough to last longer with regular Suzuki stuff. Every thing gives a good touch feel inside the car and those dark colored seats are easy to maintain too. Only the sunroof blind looked pathetic for me.

Last edited by Hickstead : 31st July 2022 at 21:14.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 22:38   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I have been there yesterday. It is a mild Hybrid manual 2WD variant. There is no Suzuki All Grip drive mode selector. Spent some good amount of time there. Width of the Rear seat is not as good as expected. Boot space is ok as it is not full hybrid. Sunroof blind is very thin. Not sure how it will age. Car is built well for a Suzuki. Finally it depends on how it will be priced.

IMHO, mild hybrid should undercut Creta & Seltos by a good margin. Full hybrid is a different story. SAs were confident that full hybrid won't cross 22 L OTR. We have to take this with a pinch of salt because Nexa team itself was not clear about the variants and features of the car. We have a lot of information compared to SAs there.
Thank you for your update. I have my mind set to buy this vehicle and most things seem to be in place. I just have two serious concerns, 1. The headroom at the back which seems not just small but inadequate for anyone above 6 feet. What is your view on that from what you saw?

2. Like you mentioned the sunroof cover. It seems inadequate to even block off sunshine into the car. From what you saw, is it a net design which lets in light even if it is closed?

For me these are not just cosmetic misplacements but serious design lapses and potential dealbreakers.
TribalRoar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 22:40   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
.....Only the sunroof blind looked pathetic for me.
To understand this, we have to actually go to the genesis of Sun Roof. The Sun Roof was born to allow the Sun or sunlight into the vehicle. It was never made for people to plonk their head out while the vehicle is in motion as much as Bollywood would like us to believe. Every single Car Manual, without an exception, asks customers not to do so but...

The panorama Sun Roof unit in Grand Vitara/ Hyryder was primarily developed for the European S Cross/ Vitara. Firstly, in panorama Sun roofs, mostly fabric blinds are provided rather than outright hard Shades. In Europe, an opaque sunshade is a no no for big glass roofs. The translucent blinds allow Sunlight to seep in and provide natural light and hence a sense of roominess while maintaining privacy. For India, Hyundai has added additional fabric patches to the Blinds for opacity but frankly in the Creta that I saw, it looked tacky and cheap on close inspection.

I have seen arguments about heat resistance of blinds. A translucent and an opaque blind would hardly result in a difference of about half a degree in cabin temperature in longer runs but the compromise in appearance in my opinion is not worth it. Let the Sun roofs actually let in some sunlight I say.
Carma2017 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 23:07   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
1. The headroom at the back which seems not just small but inadequate for anyone above 6 feet. What is your view on that from what you saw?

2. Like you mentioned the sunroof cover. It seems inadequate to even block off sunshine into the car. From what you saw, is it a net design which lets in light even if it is closed?
1. I am 5'10" and rear head room is just acceptable for my height. It is really a serious concern for 6 feet and above passengers.

2. I am not talking about the amount of light it is allowing inside the cabin. The quality of the fabric material is not upto the mark. It is easily pron to cuts and other type of damages. The thickness of the fabric is literally not acceptable. The sunroof in MG Astor too allows light to peep into the cabin, but the fabric quality is not as pathetic as in Grand Vitara & Hyryder. Creta sunroof blind is opaque enough and with better thickness too.

I don't want to discourage you in your buying decision. I am also planning to go for Hyryder based on the pricing. I wondered how come the so popular manufacturer of India, Suzuki run into this kind of flaw.

Last edited by Hickstead : 31st July 2022 at 23:16.
Old 31st July 2022, 23:36   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
To understand this, we have to actually go to the genesis of Sun Roof. The Sun Roof was born to allow the Sun or sunlight into the vehicle. It was never made for people to plonk their head out while the vehicle is in motion as much as Bollywood would like us to believe. Every single Car Manual, without an exception, asks customers not to do so but...
This is the reason I don't buy cars with Sunroof. Even the so called moonroof at times seem pointless. Our country is blessed with sunlight for most part of the year and at night most vehicles drive in high-beam even in cities. As a result the light through is so high that my car cabin brightens up when there is a 'larger' car behind me in evening.

Same goes for leather seat covers v/s fabric but again we will go off-topic perhaps.

Alas, we tend to look for populist features more than useful ones.
sunilch is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 10:26   #1109
BHPian

I know this sun blind could have been sorted in first place by company at design stage. But is it so difficult to replace it in the accessories market? Or retract motor just may not have the power to roll anything heavier than this flimsy blind?
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 15:08   #1110
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Hyryder, strong Hybrid variant garners more demand than other variants.

Quote:
The company also said that it was seeing good demand for its yet-to-launch Urban Cruiser Hyryder with initial bookings pointing to the self-charging strong hybrid model being the more popular of the two powertrain options.
Atul Sood, Associate Vice President, Sales, and Strategic Marketing, TKM :
Quote:
Both in terms of sales as well as our endeavor towards “mass electrification” in India, as we unveiled the first self-charging strong hybrid electric vehicle in the high-volume B SUV segment- the Urban Cruiser Hyryder. The response to the model has been exceptional, especially the customer’s choice for strong hybrids, further reiterating Toyota’s global prowess when it comes to the manufacturing and sales of electrified vehicles worldwide. We are humbled by such an encouraging response and would like to thank our customers for placing their trust in the brand

Link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks